Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Max Kellerman Odd Trade Idea

danlhart87

Just now, csmopar said:

Pass. If you look up injury prone in the dictionary, it’ll say, see Wentz

In this hypothetical situation, our offense would be the most talented offensive line, and WR group Wentz has worked with, I think you could argue RB group as well before Mack's injury. 

My brother is a huge eagles fan, and he believes that the eagles are ruining Wentz the same way Grigson ruined Luck with a lack of protection from the offensive line, leading to more injuries because he is trying to do to much.

But Like I said this trade would never happen

3 hours ago, csmopar said:

One big problem with that, if I recall right, the deal Rivers signed with us included a no trade clause. 

Kellerman clarified that it wouldn’t be a trade for Rivers but maybe draft picks if they are lucky.  Maybe nothing in return. Just getting the terrible contract off their books would be positive. 

I'd never sign off on such a trade, Rivers' familiarity with Reich & Sirianni (and this o-line) made Indy the perfect landing spot for him but it kinda humors me because Wentz is like a younger Philip in the sense that he's deeply religious and I don't think Carson curses either.

4 minutes ago, Lancer1 said:

I'd never sign off on such a trade, Rivers' familiarity with Reich & Sirianni (and this o-line) made Indy the perfect landing spot for him but it kinda humors me because Wentz is like a younger Philip in the sense that he's deeply religious and I don't think Carson curses either.

Ever since Wentz got injured he hasn't been near the same. I hope Philip plays here next season too. If we make the playoffs, Ballard will re-sign him IMO.

22 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

What I want to know is when did max kellerman take a break from talking about Lebron and the Cowboys to propose a eagles/colts trade? haha

Actually recently he said Kawhi Leonard was the best basketball player in the world for months and was better than LeBron. Until OooooooooooPs the normal Clippers choke happened. So he looked like a fool there too. 

15 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Actually recently he said Kawhi Leonard was the best basketball player in the world for months and was better than LeBron. Until OooooooooooPs the normal Clippers choke happened. So he looked like a fool there too. 

Kellerman is horrible. I rarely watch ESPN anymore for stuff aside from games, but when I do tune in, both he and Smith are cringeworthy. I will say I see the two as about the same. Lebron is better in assists, Leonard on D, but most stats are very similar. And I'd rather have Davis as my Robin than Paul George.

30 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Actually I rarely tune in to the talking heads anymore.  They only talk about a few different topics and rarely say a word about the colts. It's  even tough to see  Colts highlights on Sunday. 

1 hour ago, EastStreet said:

Kellerman is horrible. I rarely watch ESPN anymore for stuff aside from games, but when I do tune in, both he and Smith are cringeworthy. I will say I see the two as about the same. Lebron is better in assists, Leonard on D, but most stats are very similar. And I'd rather have Davis as my Robin than Paul George.

As far as the Robin I agree 100% and yes both Kellerman and Smith are cringeworthy lol.

Not now, but after the year is over IMO this is a trade we should consider... depending on the price of course. Wentz is a great talent and even though he's in a funk right now, he's been a good QB in his career and even after his injury. For example, last year he was doing miracles to keep that team in the fight for playoff spots with incredibly hobbled roster around him. 

Another thing to mention is that he had his best stretch of his career while Reich was his offensive coordinator. 

3 hours ago, EastStreet said:

I guess folks haven't watched Wentz this year lol....

Someone is puff puff puffing, when they should be puff puff passing.

He's been pretty bad so far this year, but I would trust the long-term history and projection rather than a 3 game sample. I think he's very much salvageable and one of the most realistic franchise QB projects we can take on after the season is over. 

9 hours ago, Smonroe said:

I think that by next years draft Wentz, Darnold and Haskins will be looking for new teams. 

I'd kick the tires on Darnold to compete with Eason... He is still so young and that Jets team is so bad, you cant really evaluate him. If he could be got for a 3rd rounder if the Jets take Lawrence, id say definitely worth kicking the tires on him and seeing what he could do with a competent team.

Make no mistake about it, he's a very good QB. The Eagles took away all his weapons and gutted his OL. He has nobody to throw to and no time if he did. His game will suffer and he might end up being a worse QB long term for it. He'll, they don't even have a running back to take some pressure off..

9 minutes ago, FortheWin said:

So much for the Eagles winning all those Super Bowls. LOL.

I mean, they did win 1 SB, which is as many as Manning won with the Colts, so I wouldn't make fun of them. Wentz still was responsible for getting them to the playoffs, even if Foles finished the job.

11 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I mean, they did win 1 SB, which is as many as Manning won with the Colts, so I wouldn't make fun of them. Wentz still was responsible for getting them to the playoffs, even if Foles finished the job.

When the Colts won their SB their coach didn't write a book on it. LOL. I realize the comment is a bit harsh but that team talked and its fans talked so much trash after that SB that they were going to be the next dynasty. And like you said, it wasn't even Wentz that won the SB. I don't want the Colts going anywhere near Wentz.

3 minutes ago, FortheWin said:

When the Colts won their SB their coach didn't write a book on it. LOL. I realize the comment is a bit harsh but that team talked and its fans talked so much trash after that SB that they were going to be the next dynasty. And like you said, it wasn't even Wentz that won the SB. I don't want the Colts going anywhere near Wentz.

As always, it depends on the compensation we'd have to give up. If it's a 1st round pick, you stay away obviously, probably say the same for a 2nd as well. However, if we could get him for a 3rd, I'd probably do that over trying to take another QB in the draft or possibly having to trade up for Fields or Lance in the 1st.

3 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

As always, it depends on the compensation we'd have to give up. If it's a 1st round pick, you stay away obviously, probably say the same for a 2nd as well. However, if we could get him for a 3rd, I'd probably do that over trying to take another QB in the draft or possibly having to trade up for Fields or Lance in the 1st.

I think he is too damaged both physically and psychologically. I have always believed that watching Foles win the SB and be SB MVP really hurt Wentz emotionally.

6 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I agree.   If the Colts could get him for a 3rd, they should do it.  Compete with Eason for the starter roll.  

3 minutes ago, FortheWin said:

I think he is too damaged both physically and psychologically. I have always believed that watching Foles win the SB and be SB MVP really hurt Wentz emotionally.

It may of, I don't know Wentz well enough, except for the fact that he's a lot like Reich (Christian guy who doesn't cuss and usually has good character). He's looked bad this year, but part of that is his lack of weapons and O-Line. I would be hoping that Reich knew enough about him from their time in Philly together to be able to fix him. The potential is obviously there. I admit it's based on those two things though that I would trade for him. He might be able to compete with Eason and it'd be a good QB battle like @Myles said.

24 minutes ago, AZColt11 said:

I think he's likely looking at it from a "familiarity with Reich" standpoint.  However, we all know which QB won them the Superbowl.  So if anything, Foles would be that guy, not Wentz.

Pass.

If Foles started all 16 regular season games that season, that Eagles team doesnt make it to the superbowl. No way.

Wentz was having an MVP type season that year, behind a great offensive line and he had weapons.... This year his OL is not recognisable, his weapons are all gone or hurt and his coaching has seemingly regressed since that superbowl.

It is at least POSSIBLE that he could return to that form he was in with a team like the Colts that have a great OL, good weapons and competent coaching.... If the Jets completely tank and get Lawrence, I wouldnt be opposed to snagging Darnold for a 3rd and seeing what he can ACTUALLY do with a competent team and coaching staff.

16 hours ago, stitches said:

Another thing to mention is that he had his best stretch of his career while Reich was his offensive coordinator. 

He's been pretty bad so far this year, but I would trust the long-term history and projection rather than a 3 game sample. I think he's very much salvageable and one of the most realistic franchise QB projects we can take on after the season is over. 

Nooooo thank you  lol

Given injury and inconsistency, there's just no a lot to like IMO.

I'd much rather go after Carr than Foles if we're looking for a mid range guy. 

Honestly, I'd rather just roll with Eason for a year than Foles. If he steps up, great, if not, early pick.

14 hours ago, jmac_48 said:

So if he has been such a terrible QB and carries such an awful contract...

why the heck would our FO be interested in giving up valuable assets and assuming questionable debit. 

The team is not that desperate at QB for now...

We could very well be next season if Rivers isn't retained or retired. Brissett will be gone, thank God lol, so are we going to rely on Eason?

Our current QB situation is strictly temporary. And we will need to secure the best qb we can going forward.  I have no idea if that should be Wentz or not.

Archived