Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Max Kellerman Odd Trade Idea

danlhart87

If Eagles trade Wentz this year they have a $77.9m dead cap.

If they trade Wentz next year they have a $59m dead cap.

Wentz is there at least 2 more years.

Dead Cap of $24m in 2022 so would save $7m.

Contract would look like this though, if the Colts made the move:

2020-$1.4m

2021-$25.4m

2022-$22m

2023-$26m

2024-$26m

So if he was to come here and return to form he would be a bargain, when others are making 30-40m.

Saying that I'm not too interested in it. And no way Eagles are taking those dead cap hits anyway. 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/philadelphia-eagles/carson-wentz-18950/

On 9/30/2020 at 11:30 PM, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

What I want to know is when did max kellerman take a break from talking about Lebron and the Cowboys to propose a eagles/colts trade? haha

Perfect response LJ!

I stopped watching ESPN entirely once they brought that tool (Kellerman) in. It was hard enough before he got there. Moved to Foxsports but now Disney owns them too and parted with Whitlock who was the only reason I watched that network. Now I watch Outkick on Youtube where Whitlock landed which leans right and That's Good Sports which is funny and leans left but neither are brainless like the MSM sports shows have become.  I used to listen to Cowherds podcast but he too is in love with the Cowboys and Lebron and since his favorite Luck retired, there's not much left to enjoy.  

I know Dallas is by far the largest media market, but damn, it's a relief to hear them talk about ANY other teams/players now and then. 

On 10/2/2020 at 7:37 AM, Imgrandojji said:

No interest in anythin Max Kellerman has to say.  He's not a knowledgeable commentator he's a provocateur, half the forum could do his job better than he does it

That's far too kind. I can only think of a couple people who wouldn't be more interesting. Just someone willing to actually talk about sports, even if they are clueless, would be better. 

I think a change of scenery might do Wentz some good. My biggest concern with him is his penchant for getting hurt and missing games.  I do believe with better talent around him and our coaching there is enough to be intrigued about for the right price. That contract is bad though. Just because the Colts could eat it doesn’t mean that they should.  Maybe wait to see if he is eventually released at some point and sign him to compete with or back up Eason down the road.  

On 10/2/2020 at 2:29 AM, EastStreet said:

Nooooo thank you  lol

Given injury and inconsistency, there's just no a lot to like IMO.

The injuries should be a legit consideration. I don't think his play and high end potential are a huge question. But yeah... if they don't trust his health, then obviously they don't make such a move. 

I'd much rather go after Carr than Foles if we're looking for a mid range guy. 

I'd rather give up a 1st for Wentz than get Carr or Foles for free(or for late round pick). And it's not particularly close for me.  

Honestly, I'd rather just roll with Eason for a year than Foles. If he steps up, great, if not, early pick.

I have no idea about Eason. I haven't seen him play a single snap with us... or even play a single snap in practice. I don't know how to even begin to evaluate whether he deserves such a shot or not and whether he's ready or not. If Ballard and Reich make that decision I will trust them with it ... and honestly... I'd be kind of excited about it, because it shows a lot of trust in his ability without him ever stepping foot on NFL field. 

When it comes to Kellerman he gets too political, he is there to do a sports show debate not be a politician. Disney has ruined ESPN as well IMO. ESPN has been going down hill since around 2013 when you could no longer chat on game threads. You can't chat at all now over there. They have also gotten rid of some of their best employees since 2013.

5 hours ago, stitches said:

The injuries should be a legit consideration. I don't think his play and high end potential are a huge question. But yeah... if they don't trust his health, then obviously they don't make such a move. 

I'd rather give up a 1st for Wentz than get Carr or Foles for free(or for late round pick). And it's not particularly close for me.  

I have no idea about Eason. I haven't seen him play a single snap with us... or even play a single snap in practice. I don't know how to even begin to evaluate whether he deserves such a shot or not and whether he's ready or not. If Ballard and Reich make that decision I will trust them with it ... and honestly... I'd be kind of excited about it, because it shows a lot of trust in his ability without him ever stepping foot on NFL field. 

I haven't really compared them this year, but I know last year, Carr's stats across the board were pretty darn good. Wentz this year is playing poorly, and near the bottom QBR wise. Wentz has had one of the best OLs while Carr's has been meh over the years. Carr, until this season, really hasn't had weapons either.

I'd be very surprised at this point if Rivers isn't back next year.

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I haven't really compared them this year, but I know last year, Carr's stats across the board were pretty darn good. Wentz this year is playing poorly, and near the bottom QBR wise. Wentz has had one of the best OLs while Carr's has been meh over the years. Carr, until this season, really hasn't had weapons either.

I'd be very surprised at this point if Rivers isn't back next year.

My 1st 2 choices were Carr and Rivers coming into the season. I like Carr because of his age but Rivers is better but may have only 1 or 2 years left.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

When it comes to Kellerman he gets too political, he is there to do a sports show debate not be a politician. Disney has ruined ESPN as well. ESPN has been going down hill since around 2013 when you could no longer chat on game threads. You can't chat at all now over there. They have also gotten rid of some of their best employees since 2013.

ESPN is horrible. The only shows I could stomach were Golic and Wingo and NFL Live. They got rid of Golic, and NFL Live has been garbage this year. I tuned in last month, and they literally had only 5 minutes of actual sports talk. The rest was politics. Besides games, I don't even turn it on now except for Game Day. And even it's weak this year.

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

ESPN is horrible. The only shows I could stomach were Golic and Wingo and NFL Live. They got rid of Golic, and NFL Live has been garbage this year. I tuned in last month, and they literally had only 5 minutes of actual sports talk. The rest was politics. Besides games, I don't even turn it on now except for Game Day. And even it's weak this year.

Yeah they had the balls to get rid of daddy Golic and it has turned into a political circus I agree. 

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah they had the balls to get rid of daddy Golic and it has turned into a political circus I agree. 

They booted a lot of the older folks. NFL Live booted Nix and Kolber who rotated. I was a bit surprised about that. I at least liked Russini, but I don't think she's there either. 

Their ratings have dropped continually since 2011. They've basically abandoned sports, and chosen one side of the political spectrum.

And, I hate Finebaum, but I'll tune into him any day over ESPN lol. 

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

They booted a lot of the older folks. NFL Live booted Nix and Kolber who rotated. I was a bit surprised about that. I at least liked Russini, but I don't think she's there either. 

Their ratings have dropped continually since 2011. They've basically abandoned sports, and chosen one side of the political spectrum.

And, I hate Finebaum, but I'll tune into him any day over ESPN lol. 

I started to see it go down hill since 2013 so we are not too far off, you say 2011. Mike and Mike was the best show and they got rid of that? I thought Suzy and Wendy Nix were perfect on NFL Live but what do I know lmao 

30 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I started to see it go down hill since 2013 so we are not too far off, you say 2011. Mike and Mike was the best show and they got rid of that? I thought Suzy and Wendy Nix were perfect on NFL Live but what do I know lmao 

It's all about in-your-face and politics. There's a reason why their market share of homes is going down. If they didn't have game contracts, many more would dump them. With more and more CFB games on different networks like the Fox, FXS, SECN and ACCN, there's plenty to watch. And I'm an ND fan, and most of their games are on NBC.

Archived