Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pathetic!

indyagent17

15 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I dont think it’s just the scheme. It’s more of not changing things after the snap and the QB knows exactly what your doing. Just switch it up after the snap to confuse the QB.

Rivers ball flutters and looks horrible. If we can’t go deep we are in for a long season. Reichs comments says it all. Mention Hines was in there because we are passing more. What did you draft Taylor for then. Pound the dang ball.

It was kind of obvious the Jags were taking the deep ball away.  Think we should have ran more instead of putting up 46 attempts.  We said in the offseason we weren't going to work Rivers like he was worked in SD but we did it anyway for some strange reason. 

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, dgambill said:

Hmm....you think Brady over Rivers... After Rivers stinker Brady says hold my beer! 

He looks incredibly old...I don’t think either are the answer...especially if you lose the battle at the LOS.

Losing the battle at the LOS is the only thing that matters right now, IMO.

It's always been that way, but the media and casual fans find it more fun to put everything on the QB.

1 minute ago, krunk said:

It was kind of obvious the Jags were taking the deep ball away.  Think we should have ran more instead of putting up 46 attempts.  We said in the offseason we weren't going to work Rivers like he was worked in SD but we did it anyway for some strange reason. 

Times like this I wish Indy had a media with an East Coast mentality to ask the coaching staff some tough questions instead of lobbing up the usual softballs. 

Is Frank calling the plays? I dont know. Is that Nick? No one really seems to know... no one knows who is calling the plays for the Colts. But the balance needs to be readjusted. 

I dont like that Frank has the Colts entirity playing bad, at least once or twice a year as he has shown so far. 

Maybe they got it out of the way in week one. Also, no games have been played up until now. Everyone is absolutely rusty. 

I feel bad for Mack. I was excited for the run game. He may not ever play the same again. Reminds me of a certain untouched injury not unlike a certain Edge. 

It is clearly too soon to call Taylor anything but inexperienced. 

Im a bit worried that Q. Nelson's back injury may have contributed to the olines lack of penetration today. 

Eason doesn't need to start. Rivers was never supposed to be the engine that made this offense go. Stop playing JB. 

Wilkins needs to be 2nd behind JT. This running game needs to trusted in by this coaching staff. Stop getting pretty. Stop over thinking it. This team is ground and pound first, pass second. Let Rivers be who he is now. A guy who can get rid of the ball quick. 

Run the damn ball! 

The defense sucked. Plain and simple. 

Side note: Brady has 1TD today and 2 INTs. 

1 hour ago, a06cc said:

I don’t think the oline played well at all today. Jags got into the backfield way too much today. D Line got gashed for huge runs. 

You must mean against the run.  Rivers wasn't sacked at all today and had plenty of time to find his receivers for the most part.   I don't like where we ran Hines in certain spots. 

2 hours ago, colts89 said:

if they were going to go with a short year vetran contract, Brady easily was the best out there. Rivers is going to give you what he has given his whole NFL career, and this game was a perfect example of what that was.

watching Brady vs Brees... Brady has 1 ran for a TD(goalLine) 1 TD passing...2 int that lead to 2 TD... Id say him and Rivers are playing very similar...they are both on new teams and little to NO  pre season... 1 st game... Rusty... they will both be better...

2 minutes ago, DontEverGiveUp said:

Losing the battle at the LOS is the only thing that matters right now, IMO.

It's always been that way, but the media and casual fans find it more fun to put everything on the QB.

Yep....we have a lot of casual fans on here. They only watch the skill positions and think the game is won and lost there. Anyone can see that we lost the battle at the point of attack and it had us on our heels all day...our game plan on both sides went right out the window.

This is on Frank Reich. He is literally no better than Pagano as a Coach. Bad decision after bad decision. Couldn't get the running game going in game 1 of the season, went for it on 4th down when we were ahead 7-0 and could of taken a 10-0 lead early. The "prized" kicker in Blakenship that Ballard and Reich foolishly thought is better than McGlaughlin missed a 30 yard FG. After Mack gets injured, we completely abandon the run.

Once Mack got hurt, this game was over. I like throwing to the RBs to an extent, but Rivers did nothing but that. The WR's weren't utilized well, and the run game was non-existent. Rivers managed to do nothing while throwing for almost 400 yards. That's not even mentioning the defense, who couldn't stop a cold. Minshew completed all but one pass Vs the Colts. Absolutely pathetic. I literally have zero faith we can beat any opponent now, especially with Mack done for the year. This team is cooked. Sorry, but it is.

Well that game pretty much summed up 2020 right there.....briefly started off with a glimmer of a new dawn and quickly descended into a shambles of an epic scale! Not gonna lie, after the first drive I was convinced we were winning that in style......then it became apparent that the secondary had taken the whole social distancing thing seriously and belived it applied in game!!! No need to test them after the game they never got near enough to the Jags to catch the ball let alone coivd19! Ironically enough with Pagano in charge we were crying out for him to not be so conservative on play calls...now I wish Reich would rain the aggressive play calls in a bit.....I mean just take the 3 points and go 10 up! I thought the offensive moved better with Rivers than JB last year but I guess the bonehead interceptions are here to stay....pick your poison there I guess....JB with his conservative game managing or Rivers with his aggressive interception prone approach. And just when you think you've seen it all....TY drops two consecutive times to end it! 

Not be that guy, because I do think our defense looked bad, but I think a lot of you are underating the potential of the Jags offense. They have a lot of talent at skill positions. Chark and Cole are both great, as are their TEs. Minshew looked confident and accurate, and their rooke RB looked good too.

I don't have any faith in their defense though, we definitely should have put up more points. Make that field goal and convert on that 4 and 1 and we probably won that game.

36 minutes ago, DontEverGiveUp said:

Meanwhile, Brady is stinking it up in his Bucs debut.

Should the Colts have taken him over Rivers?  Or maybe people are overreacting and ignoring the real reasons the Colts lost today.

Big difference being beat by New Orleans than the toothless minshew lead jags.. besides, Brady is bringing them back, only 7 down now.

11 minutes ago, TheBlueAndWhite said:

Big difference being beat by New Orleans than the toothless minshew lead jags.. besides, Brady is bringing them back, only 7 down now.

The Bucs defense has given up 17 points so far to the Saints.  The Colts defense gave up 27 to the "toothless minshew lead jags".

Not sure how that helps your argument.

I do think we have to be careful not to over react to one game when there are no preseason games. Especially defense. You can’t expect  them to be great when they barely tackle in practice. Reich though seems to have a issue getting players ready to play. Things need to tighten up in practice. Seems like they didn’t even do anything with how they think defensive. Bur rivers ball just looked bad.

2 hours ago, AllLivesMatter said:

Don’t know why fans are in panic mode “yet.” First month of the season is always full of surprises. Colts historically start slow, and having no preseason didn’t help.

If the Colts start off 1-4, that’s when I start worrying about this team and start doubting Ballard as this elite GM everyone says he is. 

“Full of disappointments...”. There, fixed it for ya.

1 hour ago, krunk said:

Yeah, seems like the Mack injury and the early success with the screens were reasons (not good ones) for going away from the run.

Also, we really went away from our runs out of shotgun which even Hines produced with early. Just went with obvious run formations after that.

3 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Oh puh-leeze.

First of all, "making money betting on football", watching more games, and you "played at a higher level" are all completely irrelevant.  Quit tooting your own horn.  Intellectual, my left foot... :lol:

Second of all, Rivers looked sharp on that first drive.  There were only a few balls that "fluttered", and it was because he was throwing off balance when he was under pressure.  When he had time and a clean pocket, his throws were on point and with velocity.

It was just an overall ugly game from the coaching to the offense to the defense to the special teams.  It was a TEAM loss.  Let's not act like Rivers is "cooked" after one game where he made a few ill-advised throws under pressure...  :facepalm:

Someone’s credentials are irrelevant? He’s fired off of his back foot for a majority of his career. Going to be a long year for Old Man Rivers. Ill advised throws are the norm for him, peep his INT’s from last year.

3 minutes ago, Thunderbolt said:

If you can't beat the worst team in the league, you need to fire the Head Coach immediately 

How are they the worst team in the league?  According to the standings their one of the 16 best teams.  :D

They have talented young players on both sides of the ball.  They had a solid gameplan, and played mistake-free football to get a win today.

Are you basing it on "talent"?  Because the Browns are supposed to be one of the most talented teams in the league and they got absolutely spanked by the Ravens.  Should the Browns coach be fired immediately?

The biggest issue is the play calling on both sides of the ball, but mainly on the defensive side of the ball. We continue playing this vanilla zone that takes away nothing and just leaves every receiver wide open. We basically were destroyed by  a Colt McCoy type qb with limited physical tools because we do not adjust to the opponent defensively to take things away. There’s a reason a guy like Lovie Smith is no longer an NFL head coach. Any avg NFL Qb will shred a soft zone that requires the DBs and linebackers to play 8 yards off. 

4 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

How are they the worst team in the league?  According to the standings their one of the 16 best teams.  :D

13 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I don’t think the Jags are the worst team in the league.

Not that I needed to refer to the top 3 sites I clicked on a google search but let's not kid anyone here, the Jags are down there at the bottom of the league. Of course it is personal opinion though....

https://www.thelines.com/betting/nfl/power-rankings/

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2888788-nfl-power-rankings-where-does-every-team-stand-after-the-2020-nfl-draft

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-power-rankings-week-1-chiefs-49ers-on-top-at-kickoff

Also, we can say there was no preseason so we were rusty, but that's the same for the other 31 teams. 

10 minutes ago, ScotColt said:

Not that I needed to refer to the top 3 sites I clicked on a google search but let's not kid anyone here, the Jags are down there at the bottom of the league. Of course it is personal opinion though....

https://www.thelines.com/betting/nfl/power-rankings/

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2888788-nfl-power-rankings-where-does-every-team-stand-after-the-2020-nfl-draft

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-power-rankings-week-1-chiefs-49ers-on-top-at-kickoff

Also, we can say there was no preseason so we were rusty, but that's the same for the other 31 teams. 

Last year is last year.  Look I don’t think the Jags are going to the Super Bowl or even the playoffs but I do think they are going to surprise some teams this year like they did the Colts today.  

They are a young team and when things go well and they have something to give them momentum they can play well.  I think the play that did that today was the fourth down stop.  The Colts could have made it a two score game, even with the field goal, after their offense had a bad penalty that killed their previous drive.  Those are the things that make young teams go away.  However, they got a stop and it gave them confidence.  They went from just going through the motions on defense to believing they could win because they hadn’t even really been a speed bump up until that point.  

It was a costly mistake by Frank to go for it there.  You take the points on the road.  I know Frank is aggressive and it’s the same aggressiveness that lead to him to go for it on fourth later in the game when it worked, but still sometimes it’s okay to take the conservative approach.  

10 hours ago, funktacious2 said:

Not be that guy, because I do think our defense looked bad, but I think a lot of you are underating the potential of the Jags offense. They have a lot of talent at skill positions. Chark and Cole are both great, as are their TEs. Minshew looked confident and accurate, and their rooke RB looked good too.

I don't have any faith in their defense though, we definitely should have put up more points. Make that field goal and convert on that 4 and 1 and we probably won that game.

Didn’t jags D score 10 points off Phillips interceptions?

15 hours ago, a06cc said:

No it was the defense. We can’t put him in a position to try to play catch up. I expected him to play like that if that was the case. Defense let us down today. We need to find an answer at CB. 

Yeah, what happened to Buckner did he even have a tackle? I thought he was this unstoppable force he did nothing. 

6 hours ago, Qcolts said:

The biggest issue is the play calling on both sides of the ball, but mainly on the defensive side of the ball. We continue playing this vanilla zone that takes away nothing and just leaves every receiver wide open. We basically were destroyed by  a Colt McCoy type qb with limited physical tools because we do not adjust to the opponent defensively to take things away. There’s a reason a guy like Lovie Smith is no longer an NFL head coach. Any avg NFL Qb will shred a soft zone that requires the DBs and linebackers to play 8 yards off. 

Yeah, I agree what happened on the one TD where the receiver was wide open.  Broken coverage I guess and it was a terrible time for it. 

17 hours ago, IinD said:

I missed all the negativity during the off-season.... Our fans are back baby... Lol

And in this case, the negativity is deserved!  This was said to be the WORST TEAM in the NFL, by the broadcasters on all the pregames networks... so until proven otherwise, the Colts now assume that title, and earned it with the performance yesterday.  Now let's see if the can shed it vs the Vikings....

21 minutes ago, lollygagger8 said:

Is it just me or does Rivers look like he has to try really really hard to throw a 20 yard pass? 

Oh, and stop trying to be cute and put Brisket in there. There's zero threat of him running the ball, he's literally slower than Peyton Manning. 

The JB play was so dumb...easy to read and even easier to defend. 

Archived