Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pathetic!

indyagent17

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rivers was Rivers. Expected more against a Jags defense that has lost their playmakers.

But what was that defense? All that talent, and they let the lowly Jags do whatever they wanted? 

At some point you have to question Matt Eberflus.

A lot of bad stuff this game.

Bad decision to go for it on 4th and goal.

Bad INT setting up a short TD drive.

They stopped our running game right at Big Q.  What's up with that?  And we stopped running after that.

Another bad INT to lose the game.

And what was our Yards per Completion?  Checkdown after checkdown after checkdown.  Did we even throw beyond 10 yards in the second half?

Just now, a06cc said:

Come on because we knew Rivers was going to force throws. Are defense can’t stop the run. We then had to abandon the game plan. This forced us to have to throw. Our pass and 3rd down defense continues to be bad.

So basically our defense can’t stop the run or pass is what you’re saying

Just now, AwesomeAustin said:

Been saying this all off season.  This is an average team.  Rivers was the best option out there but he is probably on the decline.  Hopefully they get it together and stay competitive thru the year

Brady was the best option. 

2 minutes ago, AwesomeAustin said:

Been saying this all off season.  This is an average team.  Rivers was the best option out there but he is probably on the decline.  Hopefully they get it together and stay competitive thru the year

The best option is letting Eason play. Let the young QB take his lumps. At least he can throw it down field. Rivers clearly can’t. 

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

Rivers also can’t stretch the field. His arm is washed up.  If you can’t get big plays the same thing will happen as last year. Reich totally changes what was working in the first half on offense. Going to make a prediction Eason will be starting before the season is over. Rivers arm looks just bad.

His arm looked good to me. Again we can ask him to win us a football game like that. The defense is what you need to really look at closely. 

A few thoughts.

1.  The defense was and still is hot garbage.  Gardner Mishew had one incompletion all day.   Let that sink it for a bit.  BTW this is not something new (remember the Saints game last year)  Multiple quarterbacks are able to play pitch and catch with our coverage schemes.  Ballard preached all season about turnovers and guess what? We had none and, sadly, weren't even close to one all day.  That kind of opposition completion % is not going to cut it especially when there is a weak pass rush and no TOs.  

2.  Rivers 2 INTs may be the story, but here is the thing: the guy was not brought in to be some vintage Peyton Manning clone who is going to be able to bail everyone out when the D sucks and there was no running game for most of the day. I actually feel he played pretty well considering he had minimal help from those areas.  The last play was a drop by TY.  He put the ball where he could.  If we are going to ask Rivers to throw the ball 40+ times, that is what we will get more often than not.  

3.  Where was Buckner? Did he even make one play today?  To me, the game he played was far worse than anything Rivers did considering the price that was paid to trade for him and the importance of 3 tech DT supposedly for the scheme we run on defense.  

4.  I did not like Reich decision on 1st quarter 4th down call.  I am all for aggressiveness, but he should have waited to have a better feel of how his defense was handing Jax offense before that type of call.  Going up 10-0 would have kept momentum on our side at that stage of the game.  Poor, poor decision and actual play call was even more questionable. 

Top 10 most frustrating Colts games I've seen.  Three times inside the 10, 3 points?

It certainly wasn't just Rivers.  Defense was horrible.  Any efficient, West Coast-type offense eats up this defense. 

Stupid penalties. 

I hated Frank's play calling, situational and overall.  I thought we were going to play like the 2006 Chargers.  Instead we played chaotically like the Chargers of recent years.

5 minutes ago, Stoney said:

This is what everyone wanted. Could’ve had Brady.. but no let’s get the INT machine because Brady has hurt our feelings in the past. What a joke. A really good roster that is going to be a picking in the top 10 because we have terrible QB play. 

if they were going to go with a short year vetran contract, Brady easily was the best out there. Rivers is going to give you what he has given his whole NFL career, and this game was a perfect example of what that was.

Rivers had a pretty dang good game for the first time on the Colts roster in a real game. Offseason of hellish for all teams, no preseason games, and crazy protocols to go through to play the game. Yes he cost us two turnovers (3 in my opinion) and he made a few poor decisions, but the dude threw for 363 on 36/46. He isn’t why we lost this game. He cost us points sure.

It was the defense that cost us. Letting Minshew go 19/20 for 173 yards and 3 touchdowns is absolutely inexcusable. 

4th and 1.... give the ball in tight space to the smallest RB who can't break a tackle head on instead of Mack or Taylor

Up 7-0... pass the ball 3 times in a row and force it on 3rd and 10 acting like he was under crazy pressure and try to force it to TY easy pick spark the Jags offense

Miss a 30 yard FG by new kicker "Goggles"

Pass the ball 45 times.

Force another stare down throw on a 3rd and 4 that's picked by a nobody.... you seriously don't have a play to get 4 yards vs zone but Colts zones get shredded all day and they stay in the zones inside the 20 and give up 2 uncontested wide open TD throws.

Drop by TY.... force next throw on 3rd and 4 because Rivers nevers keeps in a RB to pick up the blitz. Another drop by TY... OK???

Colts pass on 2 4th down and 1's. get one and lucky to get the flag on the 2nd. But the last 4th and 1 is setup by our WR who can't get even 1 extra yard after the catch the ball when it is needed. Real tough Campbell. 

Some old cruddy zones gonna get shredded by competent QB's which will nullify Buckner and Houston.

Playing like losers.

REAL * off

Just now, FortheWin said:

Rivers can't throw anymore. Going to be a long season. Can't believe how bad the D was on top.

We’ll have to see what Eason has at some point and if he’s nothing special, we’ll have to start scouting the top 3 premier QBs in this next coming draft.

This season is dead, I agree bring Eason in, he can't do any worst than Rivers.....Also, I don't believe Reich is the right coach for this team, play calling sucks.  And what's Hines carrying most of the workload when you have a beast of a rookie running back waiting for his chances.  We're supposed to be a running team.

Archived