Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pathetic!

indyagent17

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, a06cc said:

There is nothing wrong with Rivers arm. O-Line and D-Line have a lot of self reflecting to do. That’s where it starts. 

The o-Line and D-Line did decently today. The oline protected Rivers but Reich didn't run it enough to establish the run game like we should have.

The Dline wasn't great at applying pressure, but their run game was just okay and Minshew mostly just threw quick passes. Our DBs, QB, and coaches were the worst part this week by far

2 minutes ago, colts89 said:

The o-Line and D-Line did decently today. The oline protected Rivers but Reich didn't run it enough to establish the run game like we should have.

The Dline wasn't great at applying pressure, but their run game was just okay and Minshew mostly just threw quick passes. Our DBs, QB, and coaches were the worst part this week by far

I don’t think the oline played well at all today. Jags got into the backfield way too much today. D Line got gashed for huge runs. 

Could of been 3 INT's, got lucky on the one play. On the late one, the second official INT, Rivers got good protection and absolutely froze and looked like a statue back there, he stared down the receiver from the beginning of the play to the end. He had a guy wide open on the shallow cross i cant remember the number. It was just a really bad play by Phil and a little concerning to see.

The offensive line sucks the defensive line sucks so this team suuuuucks .Reich is maybe the most overrated play caller ever guy is flat out a joke .Unwatchable game Paethetic Is what I calling the shell of TY Hilton guy is trash .TY had to make a play and he CHOKED plain and simple guy needed to be upgraded in offseason Annnnnnnnd NOTHING done but retreads .Team is not prepared and this is on REICH .Watch they blame this train wreck on Rivers what a clown show this coaching staff has become .

What happened, we came out looking good. Mack so underrated, think it showed when he left. Defence didn’t look to get penetration like I thought they would.

god a long off season with too much talk leads to far too high expectations for our first game, lol.

oh to be a colts fan.

ah well we had a bloody football game... amazing!

“You my boy blue”

I am looking forward to a top 5 pick SEASON OVER D was horrible might as well start Eason. Play calling was Hines, Hines Hines, How do yo let Minshew go 19-20 same old Colts D brings back memories of PAGANO :facepalm:. Love my Colts expected more its only 1 game but the JAGS come on Reich.

You have a guy like Taylor sitting on your bench when Mack goes down and you quit running the ball. Frank Reich seems to be a confused playcaller. We still should of won despite the defense. The big run Taylor had was with Heinz on the field with him.  What happened to being a physical running team. You can’t have rivers throwing that much.

Don’t know why fans are in panic mode “yet.” First month of the season is always full of surprises. Colts historically start slow, and having no preseason didn’t help.

If the Colts start off 1-4, that’s when I start worrying about this team and start doubting Ballard as this elite GM everyone says he is. 

For me it was the defense.  Expected a LOT more from them today.  They looked slow, confused, and besides a few sacks let Minshew have his way.  ONE incompletion.  This wasn't Drew Brees and the Saints.  This was the Fu-manchu and the front office that is tanking for Lawrence.  I cannot imagine the pain a guy like Rodgers would have inflicted on them today.  

There is time to get things together but this is not at all what I would have expected from this unit today.  Very disappointed.

As for the offense, our first drive when Mack was in we looked unstoppable.  He goes down and it changed everything for some reason.  I thought we relied on the pass WAY too much.  Expecting Rivers to throw for 40+ times is a recipe for disaster.  You're putting too much on a guy that has had his better days behind him.  Also, in the first half we were killing them with screens.  10_ yards a pop.  Second half?  Almost none.  Why go away from what is working?

8 minutes ago, AllLivesMatter said:

Don’t know why fans are in panic mode “yet.” First month of the season is always full of surprises. Colts historically start slow, and having no preseason didn’t help.

If the Colts start off 1-4, that’s when I start worrying about this team and start doubting Ballard as this elite GM everyone says he is. 

I don't believe he is and have never thought he is.  I think he is slightly above average. but I don't see anything on this team that screams 'outstanding' to me.  I see a lot of average players, and after being here 4-5 years, that should not be happening.  I am guessing a lot of that has to do with coaching and general overall team infrastructure.  I don't think it is that good tbh. 

One thing that really stood out to me last year was the last 2 games of the season and the Colts were out of the playoffs and Jacoby was struggling.  I think 99.9999% of most coaches and Gms would have gone with Kelly in that situation just to see what you have.  Especially when Kelly had never played a regular season game yet and the organization knew they were at least going to explore getting a new QB during the off season, either via FA or the draft or both.  I was mystified when they did not play Kelly and to me, since the fans were really wanting to see it?  It almost seemed to me like Ballard and FR were telling fans "you know nothing, we do, now hush".  It just really screamed arrogance to me and seemed to be they were putting themselves over the importance of the overall team.

I am not a Kelly fan by any means, but it was that moment that really took my faith in Ballard and FR away.

16 minutes ago, AllLivesMatter said:

Cmon now, sky's always falling here man. 

We've both been on this board more than 4 minutes.. Lol, it's par for the course.

I agree though, saw some things we can build on, definitely some sloppy stuff, but I'm about a month away from full panic mode on the season.

51 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

You have a guy like Taylor sitting on your bench when Mack goes down and you quit running the ball. Frank Reich seems to be a confused playcaller. We still should of won despite the defense. The big run Taylor had was with Heinz on the field with him.  What happened to being a physical running team. You can’t have rivers throwing that much.

Is Reich calling the plays or is it Scirianni?  

Yeah, if I’m allowed a few critical thoughts:

1. The talent on defense is overstated (especially in the backfield). Also, Ballard’s insistence with this scheme is grating. 

2. Reich makes funky play calls too often. 

3. River’s arm may not be shot but, like I thought from watching him last year, his deep passes hang for way too long. If teams start taking away the short/mid passing game, our offense is gonna struggle. Especially without Mack.

It was just an overall bad performance by all phases including coaching. 

Rivers had 2 bad turnovers (should have been 3)

TY 2 critical drops

Missed FG

Questionable 2nd half play calling

Below average oline play

Not enough consistent pressure

Bad secondary play. 

I really dont like the idea of Hines taking over as the starter. Yes he had a food game, but hes not a threat to run inbetween the tackles. The defense seemed to know this and knew when JT came in it was going to be a run inside. 

3 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

1. The talent on defense is overstated (especially in the backfield). Also, Ballard’s insistence with this scheme is grating. 

3. River’s arm may not be shot but, like I thought from watching him last year, his deep passes hang way too long. If teams start taking away the short/mid passing game, our offense is gonna struggle. Especially without Mack.

Are you sure about #3? A lot of people who post here that don't watch other teams play told me I was wrong. Please advise.

13 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

3. River’s arm may not be shot but, like I thought from watching him last year, his deep passes hang for way too long. If teams start taking away the short/mid passing game, our offense is gonna struggle. Especially without Mack.

I dont think it’s just the scheme. It’s more of not changing things after the snap and the QB knows exactly what your doing. Just switch it up after the snap to confuse the QB.

Rivers ball flutters and looks horrible. If we can’t go deep we are in for a long season. Reichs comments says it all. Mention Hines was in there because we are passing more. What did you draft Taylor for then. Pound the dang ball.

1 hour ago, colts89 said:

if they were going to go with a short year vetran contract, Brady easily was the best out there. Rivers is going to give you what he has given his whole NFL career, and this game was a perfect example of what that was.

yeh. The Colts rarely beat either one of these guys with peyton at the helm? Think back to last year with JB.

2 hours ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Defense getting gashed on the run all day. Then getting absolutely zero pressure on Minshew.

O-Line was okay but not great. Jacksonville stiffened up against the run.

Our secondary were ghosts!

Lots of issues for this team

Minshew was sacked 3 times.  If there was anybody who didn't get pressure it was the Jags.

Rivers stood back there all day long with plenty of time. 

2 hours ago, Stoney said:

This is what everyone wanted. Could’ve had Brady.. but no let’s get the INT machine because Brady has hurt our feelings in the past. What a joke. A really good roster that is going to be a picking in the top 10 because we have terrible QB play. 

Hmm....you think Brady over Rivers... After Rivers stinker Brady says hold my beer! 

He looks incredibly old...I don’t think either are the answer...especially if you lose the battle at the LOS.

Archived