Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Eric Ebron

MarquisJ

Andrew Luck was no doubt a very good QB, if not in the great category. Rivers is in that category actually if you go by his career. Hey Ebron don't let the door knob hit you in the butt on your way out of Indy. You don't scare anyone, you come off like you were being a great guy then when things get tough you just quit on the horseshoe. True facts. I like Jack Doyle better anyway and hey Ebron you couldn't carry Dallas Clark's jockstrap when it comes to TE's. I have been around a long time.

42 minutes ago, Introspect said:

Wow...  Was this a shot at Ballard or TY?

Must have been a mess in that locker room:omg:

I would take it more as a shot at Jacoby.

Not sure the locker room was a 'mess' as among TY, Darius Leonard, Quenton Nelson, Houston, Doyle, etc. we have a group of solid leaders with positive attitudes.  Reich seems like a very well respected coach.  Ballard seems like he has a lot of respect from the team.

Ebron is a selfish player.  He bashed the Lions when he left Detroit after having a terrible time with dropped passes, etc. while he was there.  He'll bash Pittsburgh, too, when they decide to move on from him.

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2019/02/04/detroit-lions-eric-ebron-indianapolis-colts/2768331002/

Some clips from that article (maybe if he didn't struggle so much with drops, he would've been used in the red zone - an area where the coach and  QB both have to trust you to call your number and deliver the ball):  

Told it was a chance catch up on his good season and what led to that, he said, “All I had to do was get away from Detroit, that’s it.”

He said he doesn’t know why he wasn’t used more prominently in the red zone as a Lion.

“I used to beg for it,” he said. “I begged everybody. Everybody. A lot of people knew it, but it is what it is.”

“They’re both really smart. They’re both like really, really great football minds. Andrew’s just like — and I’m not going to take anything away from Stafford — but Andrew’s a general, man,” Ebron said.

“I’m not going to downplay the organization, but there’s a lot of things they can do for their players better, and that’s coming from someone that’s been there four years,” Ebron said. “And build. Just build. Build upon your players, listen to your players and hear what they want because we’re the ones playing the game and we need a little bit more help over there, or they need a little bit more help over there.”

Asked to clarify, Ebron said, “Just listen to their players. They’ll understand exactly what I mean, at least the players will understand what I mean. Just listen to the players, man. The players play, and if there’s some things that can help their game, do it.”

20 minutes ago, BigQandTheManiac said:

IDK who started it. But, he has every right to defend himself if people are still harassing him on Twitter. Regardless how you feel about him, he doesn't deserve to be harrassed. He's not a Colt anymore so leave him alone. 

Then the same applies to JB, he doesn't deserve to be "harrassed" when his #1 WR was injured half the year and his #1 TE quit on the team but yet 75% of this forum craps on JB. I could care less about Ebron at this point because he isn't a Colt but he if he is spouting off about the Colts, then us as fans will respond. As Karl Malone used to say, stay out of the kitchen if you can't take the heat. Once you get on Twitter and spew nonsense than the door is open.

13 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

TY, healthy or not, wasn't relevant with Brissett either. In fact, we didn't have a receiver with over 600 yards last year. That's just a bad QB.

If TY was healthy we beat Houston in game #2 and win the division. That would've gave us a 2 game lead. You could tell he was 50% at best and even dropped a big pass late he normally catches in his sleep that would've put the game away.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If TY was healthy we beat Houston in game #2 and win the division. That would've gave us a 2 game lead. You could tell he was 50% at best and even dropped a big pass late he normally catches in his sleep that would've put the game away.

I agree. I think TY is an above-average receiver. However, it would take someone elite like Hopkins, Julio, or Thomas to have a 1,000 yard season with Brissett. That's why I agree with Ebron. Despite his crybaby attitude, he's right.

3 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I agree. I think TY is an above-average receiver. However, it would take someone elite like Hopkins, Julio, or Thomas to have a 1,000 yard season with Brissett. That's why I agree with Ebron. Despite his crybaby attitude, he's right.

Ebron's only good point is that JB isn't a franchise QB like Luck was. So yeah he is right there. Still he quit on us. I have TY as Good on my scale on the Above Average, Good, Very Good, Great scale. He was just too injured last season to pull off his normal clutch big games. Of course Hopkins is Great as is Julio. 

22 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Then the same applies to JB, he doesn't deserve to be "harrassed" when his #1 WR was injured half the year and his #1 TE quit on the team but yet 75% of this forum craps on JB. I could care less about Ebron at this point because he isn't a Colt but he if he is spouting off about the Colts, then us as fans will respond. As Karl Malone used to say, stay out of the kitchen if you can't take the heat. Once you get on Twitter and spew nonsense than the door is open.

Being critique and being harrassed is two different things. I don't think anyone is blowing up JB's Twitter taking personal shots at him like they are with Ebron. And again, IDK if Ebron randomly starting spouting off about the Colts on his own. Or if he was being harrassed and decided to respond. In which, he has every right to. 

22 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

TY had 966 yards in 2017 with JB

13 minutes ago, csmopar said:

time out.  Where are they getting 67 games played with the Colts.  He was here for 2 years only, 1 with Luck, 1 without.

There saying every game he has played in his career w/o luck as his QB, including Detroit.

He had 1 more TD(14) in 67 career games than he had with Luck(13) in the 16 games they played together.

2 hours ago, dodsworth said:

Decker obviously missed on his player evaluation of Ebron.

I’m guessing that Decker has input to personnel decisions.... NOT veto power over them.

He may very well have sounded a note of caution on Ebron.... we don’t know.

2 hours ago, BigQandTheManiac said:

Being critique and being harrassed is two different things. I don't think anyone is blowing up JB's Twitter taking personal shots at him like they are with Ebron. And again, IDK if Ebron randomly starting spouting off about the Colts on his own. Or if he was being harrassed and decided to respond. In which, he has every right to. 

A colts fan called him out for liking several posts by Steelers fans bashing the Colts and calling them trash. I can see why he’s being trashed by Colts fans in return. Hey Ebron.....

NtH1OBT.gif

“Andrew Luck made the Colts relevant” says Eric Ebron who caught 13 TDs in 16 games with Luck and 14 TDs in 67 games without Luck...

cant really argue with that part, he went of the rails a bit after that though

ebron could have played better, but ultimately he was going to go to waste here with jacoby.  TY had his worst years with jb too, though he had a better attitude.  it did look like he was getting sick of it late in the year though especially in the jags game 

5 hours ago, Introspect said:

Wow...  Was this a shot at Ballard or TY?

Must have been a mess in that locker room:omg:

Why in the world would you assume it was a mess in the locker room?  Because one guy complained?   

He happens to be one of the few guys who wasn’t invited back to the franchise.   And it’s no secret that the front office and coaching staff didn’t like the way Ebron handled his personal business.   

So if you want to say a shot at Ballard — that’s fine.  But I think he’s responding to a fan(s) giving him grief on the Internet.  I don’t think it’s a % at Hilton.  Maybe a mild one at Brissett. 

I think it’s mostly Ballard and the coaching staff.    I wouldn’t give it a first thought, much less a second thought.

A big fat nothing burger for me.  A big yawn for me.   Nothing to see here for me.    We move on.....

Love Eric TDbron. Can’t stomach Eric Mebron.

Unfortunately they are one in the same. 

Colts fans aren’t doing themselves any favors by attacking him. They just look salty.  People were making fun of Lions fans for the same thing.

Twitter will be twitter though. Some people thrive on the negative.

I really don't care about Ebron one way or another, but I don't blame him for defending himself against a salty fan. And I do agree that without Luck (or a good QB), we're just not very relevant. I also don't judge him for shutting things down as we simply don't know the entire health situation, nor do we have insight to his contract situation (he was in a contract year, not extended after a great 1st year). Two sides to everything, and it's a business.

7 hours ago, BigQandTheManiac said:

IDK who started it. But, he has every right to defend himself if people are still harassing him on Twitter. Regardless how you feel about him, he doesn't deserve to be harrassed. He's not a Colt anymore so leave him alone. 

Sheeze....

I don’t know....

If you are a public figure, and you are even a little sensitive.... Twitter is NOT your friend....

He shouldn’t be taking swings back.... just shut up... and play football.... well

It will resolve itself...

Only drama queens care about what is said on Twitter. 

There are a lot of people who would be better off just staying away from social media period. 

I guess I am old school enough to believe if someone gossips and don't have the guts to say it to my face, then it means zero to me. 

All twitter is is a media rag mag. 

2 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

Sheeze....

I don’t know....

If you are a public figure, and you are even a little sensitive.... Twitter is NOT your friend....

He shouldn’t be taking swings back.... just shut up... and play football.... well

It will resolve itself...

why?

Ebron got his "lime light" thanks to Reich and Luck giving him the target passes in 2018. He still dropped alot of them. He is an average TE gifted with size and speed but no hands. He has a HUGE Ego and wants to be the life of the party. 

He is lucky to get signed onto the Steelers. I don't think he will last much longer in the NFL. 

Archived