Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Sign FB Roosevelt Nix

Caleb3502

10 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

LOL, how many one year deals are we gonna do?  It's like the ENTIRE ROSTER will be without a contract in 2021.  :D

As it should be.  Make them prove their worth before giving them big money.

More info about Nix in this article.

"Nix, the 2017 Pro Bowler, will have to pass a physical to make the transaction official, and the current state of Nix’s knee could have a lot to do with the approval of the acquisition. Nix missed a significant portion of the season with a knee injury, and after trying to return in 2019 he re-injured the knee and was placed on the Injured Reserve list."

I like watching lead blockers when you need a yard or two.
 They can pound the hole including making the D commit to them, while adding a level of deception that can be exploited also.
 Doyle started making his mark as a lead blocker from the FB position, and i have wanted that back.
 So here we go.

Further indication that we intend to make the running game even more effective this year.  It strengthens my thinking that we will add a RB in the draft.  Wilkens and Mack have had durability issues so if our main focus is to run the ball it makes sense to add one early in the draft when we have a chance to add one of the top backs in the class. 

10 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Further indication that we intend to make the running game even more effective this year.  It strengthens my thinking that we will add a RB in the draft.  Wilkens and Mack have had durability issues so if our main focus is to run the ball it makes sense to add one early in the draft when we have a chance to add one of the top backs in the class. 

That is possible, however, if you listen to what CB says, he said he failed to put enough depth on this team.  So for my money,  I think  that’s what he does in this draft. Drafting a RB high would mean a starter and he has mentioned several times our RB squad is already a strength on this team. 

2 hours ago, LockeDown said:

That is possible, however, if you listen to what CB says, he said he failed to put enough depth on this team.  So for my money,  I think  that’s what he does in this draft. Drafting a RB high would mean a starter and he has mentioned several times our RB squad is already a strength on this team. 

I don't think drafting a RB high means finding a starter.  Just more competition and depth.  Mack and Wilkens have trouble being available.  I can see them adding one of the top RBs if they are somehow there when we pick.  That's how you make sure we keep that position group a strength. 

1 hour ago, richard pallo said:

I don't think drafting a RB high means finding a starter.  Just more competition and depth.  Mack and Wilkens have trouble being available.  I can see them adding one of the top RBs if they are somehow there when we pick.  That's how you make sure we keep that position group a strength. 

Maybe depends on how the FO feel sabout that other back we brought in last year that they were high on.

Archived