Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Now the 34th and 44th loom large

indyagent17

Assuming we sign Rivers to a 2-3 year deal we still need to hit on our two second round picks

WR Mims, Aiyuk, Shenault  Our top 3 in 2020 Hilton, Campbell and Pascal

CB: Diggs, Gladney, Terrell  Our top 3 in 2020 Desir, Moore and Ya Sin

Or do you all see a different direction here?

6 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

Who’s to say we don’t trade back into the 1st? Not saying we will by any means. But I think the option is there. 

Have we even discussed such an option yet?

According to the value chart pick 34 is worth 560 points, and 44 is worth 460 points. This would give them a combined value of 1020, which would get us to the Falcons 16th pick, which is worth 1000 points. 

14 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

Who’s to say we don’t trade back into the 1st? Not saying we will by any means. But I think the option is there. 

IF Ballard is going to move up...like from #34...then I think future picks are used. That #44 pick is a primo spot for a playmaker.

Not sure who would be worth moving up into Round 1 for in exchange for these two picks in the second.  If any of the 4 QBs aren't drafted in the first 12 picks after all the QB shuffling that's going on, then they might just be there for us with that 34th pick.

1 hour ago, indyagent17 said:

Assuming we sign Rivers to a 2-3 year deal we still need to hit on our two second round picks

Unofficially, just a 1 year deal.

But if the Colts need another year, and he performed well enough, they can get him for a 2nd year.  PR won't go to a 3rd team under those circumstances.

17 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I like Kmet at 34 and Aiyuk at 44. If we get Anthony Gordon at 75 to sit a year as well, the start of the draft would be perfect.

You and I are thinking along the same lines - Denzel Mims at No.34 and Cole Kmet at No.44, draft Anthony Gordon at 75, and Day 3 can be used on drafting for defensive and offensive depth.

39 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I like Kmet at 34 and Aiyuk at 44. If we get Anthony Gordon at 75 to sit a year as well, the start of the draft would be perfect.

I would be happy with this .......

This offense needs a TE and a WR.... It early enough that both should be first year starters

We need a future QB.... I’m a HUGE fan of Gordon

I still think we need some real depth at OT..... maybe round 4,5,6

6 hours ago, BProland85 said:

Prospects I like for the 34th and 44th picks include WR Justin Jefferson, OT Austin Jackson, OT Josh Jones, WR Jalen Reagor, WR Tee Higgins, QB Jordan Love.  

Honestly, I think Jefferson and Love are FOR sure gone by end of first round. Jones and Jackson may be as well.  Reagor and Higgins could be there at 34.  

I'd be happy with Higgins, Mims or Reagor as far as WR in one of those slots and Jones or even Cleveland at 44.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have a feeling Hines will have a huge year with Rivers at QB so that will help too.

All pass catchers will be having better years. I was so looking forward to year 2 of Hines with Luck after almost setting rookie records... .... sniff sniff... could have been so good. 

Ebron probably wants to come back now. 

3 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

All pass catchers will be having better years. I was so looking forward to year 2 of Hines with Luck after almost setting rookie records... .... sniff sniff... could have been so good. 

I bet he regrets quitting. Rivers loves his TE too. He was crying on Twitter how much he missed his boys.

Just now, Chloe6124 said:

I bet he regrets quitting. Rivers loves his TE too.

Rivers only had one TE above 100 yards last year, and was 4th in total yards in the NFL... So he can do just fine with only one primary TE.

I'd take him (Ebron) back though if we don't draft a guy like Kmet or Okwu....

He probably burnt a bridge with Chris/Frank though... 

I also think Alie Cox could surprise many....

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

Rivers only had one TE above 100 yards last year, and was 4th in total yards in the NFL... So he can do just fine with only one primary TE.

I'd take him (Ebron) back though if we don't draft a guy like Kmet or Okwu....

He probably burnt a bridge with Chris/Frank though... 

I also think Alie Cox could surprise many....

I think we will see more Cox too. He had that broken thumb the second half after Ebron left. I think Doyle will have a good year. 

13 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Ebron be like Sad Anthony Anderson GIF when he found out Rivers got signed. Please bring me back lmao 

10 hours ago, Indyfan4life said:

I mentioned it in a recent thread. I don't know what to seriously think about it. After we had Buckner and Rivers I had a strong feeling we might be looking to package our 2s and a future 2 to move back into the 1st and maybe grab Love, Herbert, or Eason if they fall. But the more I think about these moves I'm now leaning towards thinking the opposite and that we want to use those picks on the best options to have impacts now. WR, TE, and CB make the most sense to me based on need and value. I'm thinking we target a QB in the 3rd or later if at all. If we choose to keep Brissett and eat his contract hit, we could just wait until 2021 to get a QB if no opportunities present themselves.

Archived