Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

With the 13th pick in 2020 NFL Draft (merge)

The Colts take_______

We should be in good discussion for getting one of the best quarterbacks. If we are the 11th pick it wouldn't take a whole lot to move to 8. The good news there will be a solid quarterback available at that time. I guess we'll see how it works out because this season was a complete wreck from the Pittsburgh game on

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

When it’s two teams they do a coin flip to see who picks first.  Not sure what happens with multiple.  Is it reverse strength of schedule?

In situations where teams finished the previous season with identical records, the determination of draft position is decided by strength of schedule — the aggregate winning percentage of a team’s opponents. The team that played the schedule with the lowest winning percentage will be awarded the higher pick.

If the teams have the same strength of schedule, division or conference tiebreakers are applied. If the divisional or conference tiebreakers are not applicable, or ties still exist between teams of different conferences, ties will be broken the following tie-breaking method:

1. Head-to-head, if applicable

2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games (minimum of four)

3. Strength of victory in all games

4. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed in all games

5. Best net points in all games

6. Best net touchdowns in all games

7. Coin toss

https://operations.nfl.com/the-players/the-nfl-draft/the-rules-of-the-draft/

• Thanks 1

I think it would be a mistake to go hell for leather for a QB in the first round.  None of the guys on the board in round 1 really impress me, and we have an even more pressing need at WR right now.  I'd rather go for a first round wideout and a second round QB, there's usually gonna be some decent talents that don't go in round 1.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Imgrandojji said:

I think it would be a mistake to go hell for leather for a QB in the first round.  None of the guys on the board in round 1 really impress me, and we have an even more pressing need at WR right now.  I'd rather go for a first round wideout and a second round QB, there's usually gonna be some decent talents that don't go in round 1.

Ok then. That is settled. LMAO 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MTC said:

I doubt we end up picking 13 in April...

Colts will trade up for a QB.

As long as they don't get robbed and mortgage the future I'd be ok with it.

If Ballard does that and that QB busts, bye bye Ballard.

4 minutes ago, Imgrandojji said:

We need to be rid of Jacoby, otherwise the fan base is going to get smaller...maybe much smaller. Ballard and Reich won't like to spend the time breaking in a new QB (it is easier to go with the mediocre veteran)...but they are going to have to do it or explain to Irsay why not.

• Like 5

Come back, Andrew, so we can draft whoever we want and compete for a title 8 months from now.

Doubtful, so trade up, if you have to.  If have no QB, you have nothing.  Can't go bargain shopping at the QB position.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Ballard will trade back to acquire more pics and take a 2nd rounder who either sucks or is hurt more often than they play

Man, is that ever his mode of operation...the clown thinks that more picks is better than top picks. Quantity over quality is a stupid losing strategy...it just gets you a lot of average+ players and no stars. You have an average team forever.

Just now, CanuckColt said:

Man, is that ever his mode of operation...the * thinks that more picks is better than top picks. Quantity over quality is a stupid losing strategy...it just gets you a lot of average+ players and no stars. You have an average team forever.

Chill man, this place loves every move he makes

6 minutes ago, MTC said:

Jim Irsay will pressure the Front Office to acquire a QB. Remember that we're in "win-now" mode. 

Irsay has also been spoiled the last two decades with Peyton and Andrew so anyone that doesnt play at a similar level is not gonna satisfy his expectations imo

11 minutes ago, #12. said:

Come back, Andrew, so we can draft whoever we want and compete for a title 8 months from now.

Doubtful, so trade up, if you have to.  If have no QB, you have nothing.  Can't go bargain shopping at the QB position.

As much of a concern as I have for the QB spot, I worry equally as much for the defensive crew, including do we have the right DC? 

15 minutes ago, WarGhost21 said:

Looking for Herbert, Tua, or (hopefully) Derrick Brown at the 13th slot, or even moving up slightly

Tua has been hinting on his Twitter about returning to school next year and waiting a year to come out for the draft.

3 minutes ago, Pelt said:

Am I the only one not that impressed with Herbert?

I watched about 3 or 4 Oregon games this year (can't remember which ones though - one was the PAC championship game) and I just didn't find him that impressive.

I have a coworker who went to Oregon, he’s a diehard CFB fan and he has said all season long that Herbert is overly hyped. Which means nothing coming from a fan of course but just saying is all

• Like 1