Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

With the 13th pick in 2020 NFL Draft (merge)

So we have the 13th the 34th and the 44th pick in next year's draft. No way Ballard screws that up the press conference today was really ponderous because all Reich said was one play here one play there. Brissette has horrible field vision and he holds the ball way too long could I get a feeling in his head that it's time to get a new quarterback in here

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Chill man, this place loves every move he makes

we need a pass rush and a qb and we should not get them from the draft. we should get the best fa dt or de and qb because the best qb's will be gone. we should keep our draft picks to pick the best player on the board. im not sure if hooker is not a bust or they or not playing him correctly.

3 minutes ago, reidaj1812 said:

we need a pass rush and a qb and we should not get them from the draft. we should get the best fa dt or de and qb because the best qb's will be gone. we should keep our draft picks to pick the best player on the board. im not sure if hooker is not a bust or they or not playing him correctly.

You can’t expect to get a QB in Free Agency. You have to draft them. 

• Like 1

If Ballard stays put at 13 I'm hoping for either WR CeeDee Lamb or DT Derrick Brown. 

No QB available will be worth the 13th overall pick in my opinion since the only surefire top QB to me is Joe Burrow, who will be long gone. Tua has injury concerns, Herbert comes from an Oregon system that hasn't translated to the NFL well, and Eason and Love are 2nd round grade QBs. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Luck 4 president said:

You can’t expect to get a QB in Free Agency. You have to draft them. 

no you don't. I would rather have nick foles or carr if they are available. maybe we could draft a 2nd rounder if there is someone that may be a good qb in the future.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

If Ballard stays put at 13 I'm hoping for either WR CeeDee Lamb or DT Derrick Brown. 

No QB available will be worth the 13th overall pick in my opinion since the only surefire top QB to me is Joe Burrow, who will be long gone. Tua has injury concerns, Herbert comes from an Oregon system that hasn't translated to the NFL well, and Eason and Love are 2nd round grade QBs. 

I doubt Eason and love last to the second round. If you think they are the guy you have to take them. Otherwise Jacoby is still the guy with no future for us.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Orioles22 said:

Brown or Kinlaw.

Reaching for a second-tier quarterback would set the organization back for years.

I don't disagree.

While I think that it's clear JB is not the long-term answer at QB that doesn't mean that the Colts should draft whichever QB they feel is the best of the bunch. I want the Colts to draft a good player and not try to fill a need even if they don't really believe in the guy.

BUT I also think these QBs could cement themselves into the first round where the Colts have to trade UP to draft the QB they want. It sort of reminds me of Josh Allen in 2018. He showed flashes of All-Pro but also flashes of an UDFA and I think the QBs in this draft (except Burrow) are similar in that regard. Allen still went within the top 10 that year.

We'll see how things play out over the next few months. As uneasy as the QBs make me I'm not going to be shocked if a trade is made to move up to get one if the Colts are sold on him. 

26 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

You might end up be disappointed come draft day. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ColtJax said:

With the 1st rounder we'll most likely move up a spot or two and get a QB, or stay and grab a OT. With the Redskins 2nd I'm eying Marvin Wilson, DT from FSU. Dude is a freaking monster.

Depends on what a few teams do before the Colts pick.  There are three QBs that could probably go in the top 13.  The Bengals are almost a lock to take one at number one.  From there it depends on what Miami, the Chargers, Panthers, and maybe but not likely the Jags do before the Colts pick.  If the Colts want a QB early they could end waiting until 13 or having to go up as early as number 4 to make sure they get one.

1 hour ago, ColtJax said:

With the 1st rounder we'll most likely move up a spot or two and get a QB, or stay and grab a OT. With the Redskins 2nd I'm eying Marvin Wilson, DT from FSU. Dude is a freaking monster.

Agreed on Marvin Wilson. My preferred first 3 picks for the Colts are first round- WR Ceedee Lamb, 34th overall pick- DT Marvin Wilson, and original 2nd round pick- QB Jordan Love. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

It doesn’t hurt. Ballard needed to concentrate on defense last year. Now it’s the offense turn. We will get one this draft. We have no clue what Parris might of done had he stayed healthy.

18 for 127 and 1 TD, tells me he wasn’t a factor even when he did play 

24 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Depends on what a few teams do before the Colts pick.  There are three QBs that could probably go in the top 13.  The Bengals are almost a lock to take one at number one.  From there it depends on what Miami, the Chargers, Panthers, and maybe but not likely the Jags do before the Colts pick.  If the Colts want a QB early they could end waiting until 13 or having to go up as early as number 4 to make sure they get one.

CIN will take one.  After WASH, DET, and NYG,   Then comes MIA, LAC, and CAR in a row.  MIA will probably take one. Three teams for sure.  Maybe 4.

I could see the JAGS roll with Minshew and build a team around him.  What guarantee is there that any college QB will be better than Minshew?  And they have Foles.

We pick at 13, and that's a long ways up to picks 2 through 4, outbidding other teams that may move up a couple of slots to be sure to get the QB they want.

Burrow, Herbert, and Eason are probably the top 3 QBs and will be after the combine. 

Is Love, Tua, or Fromm worth pick 13?