Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

With the 13th pick in 2020 NFL Draft (merge)

Just now, Shive said:

Des Bryant says he likes his attitude, with no specifics about what he likes (maybe he likes his leadership style or how he holds himself) and somehow that alone makes Love undraftable in your eyes?

If he has a bad attitude, it'll come out in the predraft process. Just stop the dramatic nonsense.

If you don't like Love as a prospect, you just don't like him, but don't act like some off-hand comment by a player you perceive as bad news suddenly shatters your perception of Love. If you like him, you like him and if you don't, you don't.

LOL.  It was a fun comment about attitude.  At least I thought so.  My comment was more a shot on Dez than anything really to do with Love.

Dez comparing Love to Mahomes is not a problem. I get it.

However, not sure how Dez has a bead on Love's attitude.  I haven't read anything about his attitude.  Well, very little.....

Just wondering, I wonder if Dez likes Jake Fromm's attitude, since there seems to be plenty of material talking about it, or would go out of his way to say nice things about it.  

59 minutes ago, DougDew said:

LOL.  It was a fun comment about attitude.  At least I thought so.  My comment was more a shot on Dez than anything really to do with Love.

Dez comparing Love to Mahomes is not a problem. I get it.

However, not sure how Dez has a bead on Love's attitude.  I haven't read anything about his attitude.  Well, very little.....

Just wondering, I wonder if Dez likes Jake Fromm's attitude, since there seems to be plenty of material talking about it, or would go out of his way to say nice things about it.  

I think he is just talking about Love playing with swag. 

Just now, Chloe6124 said:

I think he is just talking about Love playing with swag. 

IK.  

I think it would be in Love's favor if it was somebody other than Dez.  Dez was known as one of those players who was great, but the attitude also allowed people to root for his failure. 

Even Cowboy fans.

I'm hoping Dez doesn't see the same kind of swag in Love's attitude

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

No people need to learn to read. You can support a player and defend him from over the top stuff but still realize we need a change. 

umm you need to remember what you said like 500 times you didnt want some young guy cause they would waste our talent lol

but I would expect nothing less from you you have flipped on stuff you say every single week so this isn't a surprise

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Not once did I say he was the guy.

what the hell are you even talking about? you said like 500 times you didnt want a rookie QB they weren't good enough and they would waste our talented young players yet all the sudden you want a young guy so bad lmao

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

what the hell are you even talking about? you said like 500 times you didnt want a rookie QB they weren't good enough and they would waste our talented young players yet all the sudden you want a young guy so bad lmao

dean winchester GIF

9 hours ago, aaron11 said:

Tua is expected to make a full recovery. i know a lot of people are worried about the hip, but i would not be with that prognosis 

hes going to declare and is the best QB imo that we have a shot at imo

According to a DR being interviewed the other day they wont know for sure until after draft ... right now its not a prognosis its a guess.

I just saw a crazy tweet. It said Lions want to draft their next QB. Then it went on to say jerry Jones meant with the lions about getting stafford. So that would mean they wouldn’t sign Dak. That seems really far fetched. But if your the lions and the lack of success you have had and Stafford being injured you have to wonder if their is some truth to it. At 3 they can have their choice of QB except Burrow.

On 1/5/2020 at 12:30 AM, ColtsRule08 said:

What about a compensatory pick for Andrew Luck leaving? Will we get a pick for that ?

Nope. He retired. Compensatory picks are for players that have contracts run out and sign elsewhere. The more they sign for (and play, and produce... there's a specific formula but I don't know what it is) the higher the pick, maxing out after the standard 3rd round ends.

Retired players do not count towards compensatory picks.

The defense struggled in both run and pass defense this year so with the 13th pick Colt's select the unblockable force in DT Derrick Brown (Auburn).  Another option would be a young lockdown corner CJ Henderson (Florida) to play opposite Kenny Moore II.

Everyone keeps talking about needing to replace our QB but I say give it two years and bring Luck out of retirement while building up the team.  So Round 2 am looking to continue to add  young players where a QB can step in and the team can still be playoff competitive.  With that being said here are my Round 2 picks:

2a) OT Josh Jones (Houston) / TE Hunter Bryant (Washington)

2b) TE Jacob Breeland (Oregon) / OT Prince Tega Wanogho (Auburn)

As for the 2020 Free Agency have one wish and that is to secure SDE Arik Armstead.  Armstead, Brown and Houston would immediately improve our run defense.  If Brown is not available in Round 1 than we have to pair Henderson with Moore who when healthy played some of the best football of his career because Desir was not the answer in 2019.

"Bringing Luck out of retirement" is not a legitimate plan a front office can run with. They have zero control over that. It's not their choice.  Ignoring the QB need this year just means we have the same need next year. As nice a thought as it is, there is no way you can actually build your team around the premise that you'll be able to pull someone out of retirement.

38 minutes ago, CheezyColt said:

"Bringing Luck out of retirement" is not a legitimate plan a front office can run with. They have zero control over that. It's not their choice.  Ignoring the QB need this year just means we have the same need next year. As nice a thought as it is, there is no way you can actually build your team around the premise that you'll be able to pull someone out of retirement.

Lucks dad had two interviews. He said he does not feel Luck has any hankering to come back. It seems he is very happy with his life.

9 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Lucks dad had two interviews. He said he does not feel Luck has any hankering to come back. It seems he is very happy with his life.

Thought it is a bit ironic how Luck's dad comes out with interviews soon after my posting but going back to the Round 1 & 2 draft I stand by my picks.  Luck is a new proud father and living his dream of parenthood.  Good for him but Luck is still young 30 something and has a legitimate chance to come back and play for another 10 years if so desired.  I just don't see a need for a splashy QB to replace Jacoby this season.  A solid shutdown defense will keep your team in games even with mediocre QB play (think Bills).   Build the team up with players and a future QB can step in help advance a team already making playoff runs.

43 minutes ago, OhioColt said:

Thought it is a bit ironic how Luck's dad comes out with interviews soon after my posting but going back to the Round 1 & 2 draft I stand by my picks.  Luck is a new proud father and living his dream of parenthood.  Good for him but Luck is still young 30 something and has a legitimate chance to come back and play for another 10 years if so desired.  I just don't see a need for a splashy QB to replace Jacoby this season.  A solid shutdown defense will keep your team in games even with mediocre QB play (think Bills).   Build the team up with players and a future QB can step in help advance a team already making playoff runs.

With all the close games a good QB would of turned the close losses into wins and the wins into bigger wins. A good QB you can probably count a couple more TD a game. Why put all that stress on your defense.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/4/2020 at 5:15 PM, stitches said:

Preach! The church of Jordan Love is in session! 

Knowing we’re still a couple of years away from being a SB contender (expect us to be a division contender end of this year), I’ll enjoy the ride of the draft, free agency and starting 0-0 like everyone when the season starts.

I’ll be excited for every draft pick we make. :) 

• Like 1