Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

With the 13th pick in 2020 NFL Draft (merge)


Recommended Posts

Tua is expected to make a full recovery. i know a lot of people are worried about the hip, but i would not be with that prognosis 

 

hes going to declare and is the best QB imo that we have a shot at imo

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Shive said:

Des Bryant says he likes his attitude, with no specifics about what he likes (maybe he likes his leadership style or how he holds himself) and somehow that alone makes Love undraftable in your eyes?

 

 If he has a bad attitude, it'll come out in the predraft process. Just stop the dramatic nonsense.

 

If you don't like Love as a prospect, you just don't like him, but don't act like some off-hand comment by a player you perceive as bad news suddenly shatters your perception of Love. If you like him, you like him and if you don't, you don't.

LOL.  It was a fun comment about attitude.  At least I thought so.  My comment was more a shot on Dez than anything really to do with Love.

 

Dez comparing Love to Mahomes is not a problem. I get it.

 

However, not sure how Dez has a bead on Love's attitude.  I haven't read anything about his attitude.  Well, very little.....

 

Just wondering, I wonder if Dez likes Jake Fromm's attitude, since there seems to be plenty of material talking about it, or would go out of his way to say nice things about it.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

There is still a lot of chatter that TUA might be going back to school. If that happens Miami could be a trade partner. If he goes back there could be three QB next year that will be high picks. Maybe they trade that 5th pick to accumulate more picks to move up next year for a QB.

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, DougDew said:

LOL.  It was a fun comment about attitude.  At least I thought so.  My comment was more a shot on Dez than anything really to do with Love.

 

Dez comparing Love to Mahomes is not a problem. I get it.

 

However, not sure how Dez has a bead on Love's attitude.  I haven't read anything about his attitude.  Well, very little.....

 

Just wondering, I wonder if Dez likes Jake Fromm's attitude, since there seems to be plenty of material talking about it, or would go out of his way to say nice things about it.  

I think he is just talking about Love playing with swag. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Chloe6124 said:

I think he is just talking about Love playing with swag. 

IK.  

 

I think it would be in Love's favor if it was somebody other than Dez.  Dez was known as one of those players who was great, but the attitude also allowed people to root for his failure. 

 

Even Cowboy fans.

 

I'm hoping Dez doesn't see the same kind of swag in Love's attitude

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/1/2020 at 5:24 PM, zibby43 said:

Herbert just seems like a really solid pick. 

 

Yes, it would be. Let us see how things shape up before the draft.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I read a story today on Love. His family hired a QB coach to personally work with him as a teen. I also didn’t realize the same guy that worked with Luck at Stanford has worked with Love.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t get why anyone wants a washed up old QB. Watching the game right now how exciting and fun to have a young QB. All the QB in the playoffs are young except Brady and Tannehill. I want to have fun again with “LOVE”.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

this post is hilarious considering your tune during the season lmao

No people need to learn to read. You can support a player and defend him from over the top stuff but still realize we need a change. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

No people need to learn to read. You can support a player and defend him from over the top stuff but still realize we need a change. 

umm you need to remember what you said like 500 times you didnt want some young guy cause they would waste our talent lol

 

but I would expect nothing less from you you have flipped on stuff you say every single week so this isn't a surprise

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

umm you need to remember what you said like 500 times you didnt want some young guy cause they would waste our talent lol

 

but I would expect nothing less from you you have flipped on stuff you say every single week so this isn't a surprise

Not once did I say he was the guy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Not once did I say he was the guy.

what the hell are you even talking about? you said like 500 times you didnt want a rookie QB they weren't good enough and they would waste our talented young players yet all the sudden you want a young guy so bad lmao

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

what the hell are you even talking about? you said like 500 times you didnt want a rookie QB they weren't good enough and they would waste our talented young players yet all the sudden you want a young guy so bad lmao

dean winchester GIF

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, aaron11 said:

Tua is expected to make a full recovery. i know a lot of people are worried about the hip, but i would not be with that prognosis 

 

hes going to declare and is the best QB imo that we have a shot at imo

 

 

 

According to a DR being interviewed the other day they wont know for sure until after draft ... right now its not a prognosis its a guess.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I just saw a crazy tweet. It said Lions want to draft their next QB. Then it went on to say jerry Jones meant with the lions about getting stafford. So that would mean they wouldn’t sign Dak. That seems really far fetched. But if your the lions and the lack of success you have had and Stafford being injured you have to wonder if their is some truth to it. At 3 they can have their choice of QB except Burrow.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/5/2020 at 12:30 AM, ColtsRule08 said:

What about a compensatory pick for Andrew Luck leaving? Will we get a pick for that ?

Nope. He retired. Compensatory picks are for players that have contracts run out and sign elsewhere. The more they sign for (and play, and produce... there's a specific formula but I don't know what it is) the higher the pick, maxing out after the standard 3rd round ends.

 

Retired players do not count towards compensatory picks.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The defense struggled in both run and pass defense this year so with the 13th pick Colt's select the unblockable force in DT Derrick Brown (Auburn).  Another option would be a young lockdown corner CJ Henderson (Florida) to play opposite Kenny Moore II.

 

Everyone keeps talking about needing to replace our QB but I say give it two years and bring Luck out of retirement while building up the team.  So Round 2 am looking to continue to add  young players where a QB can step in and the team can still be playoff competitive.  With that being said here are my Round 2 picks:

 

2a) OT Josh Jones (Houston) / TE Hunter Bryant (Washington)

2b) TE Jacob Breeland (Oregon) / OT Prince Tega Wanogho (Auburn)

 

As for the 2020 Free Agency have one wish and that is to secure SDE Arik Armstead.  Armstead, Brown and Houston would immediately improve our run defense.  If Brown is not available in Round 1 than we have to pair Henderson with Moore who when healthy played some of the best football of his career because Desir was not the answer in 2019.

Link to post
Share on other sites

"Bringing Luck out of retirement" is not a legitimate plan a front office can run with. They have zero control over that. It's not their choice.  Ignoring the QB need this year just means we have the same need next year. As nice a thought as it is, there is no way you can actually build your team around the premise that you'll be able to pull someone out of retirement.

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, CheezyColt said:

"Bringing Luck out of retirement" is not a legitimate plan a front office can run with. They have zero control over that. It's not their choice.  Ignoring the QB need this year just means we have the same need next year. As nice a thought as it is, there is no way you can actually build your team around the premise that you'll be able to pull someone out of retirement.

Lucks dad had two interviews. He said he does not feel Luck has any hankering to come back. It seems he is very happy with his life.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Lucks dad had two interviews. He said he does not feel Luck has any hankering to come back. It seems he is very happy with his life.

Thought it is a bit ironic how Luck's dad comes out with interviews soon after my posting but going back to the Round 1 & 2 draft I stand by my picks.  Luck is a new proud father and living his dream of parenthood.  Good for him but Luck is still young 30 something and has a legitimate chance to come back and play for another 10 years if so desired.  I just don't see a need for a splashy QB to replace Jacoby this season.  A solid shutdown defense will keep your team in games even with mediocre QB play (think Bills).   Build the team up with players and a future QB can step in help advance a team already making playoff runs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, OhioColt said:

Thought it is a bit ironic how Luck's dad comes out with interviews soon after my posting but going back to the Round 1 & 2 draft I stand by my picks.  Luck is a new proud father and living his dream of parenthood.  Good for him but Luck is still young 30 something and has a legitimate chance to come back and play for another 10 years if so desired.  I just don't see a need for a splashy QB to replace Jacoby this season.  A solid shutdown defense will keep your team in games even with mediocre QB play (think Bills).   Build the team up with players and a future QB can step in help advance a team already making playoff runs.

With all the close games a good QB would of turned the close losses into wins and the wins into bigger wins. A good QB you can probably count a couple more TD a game. Why put all that stress on your defense.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...

I don't think we'll trade a #1 at all for Carr.  I don't see him as the future for this franchise.  They'll pick the BPA QB to sit behind one of those FA QBs, could be Rivers, could be Brady for at least a year.  Then, give JB and Hoyer their walking papers....

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/4/2020 at 5:15 PM, stitches said:

Preach! The church of Jordan Love is in session! 


Knowing we’re still a couple of years away from being a SB contender (expect us to be a division contender end of this year), I’ll enjoy the ride of the draft, free agency and starting 0-0 like everyone when the season starts.

 

I’ll be excited for every draft pick we make. :) 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • I was golfing on Saturday...and an older man in the group in front of us was teeing off and just went straight down after swinging. Like you said...very often a non-contact injury.
    • The guarantee would have triggered once he hit IR, I believe. It was $6.7m. It's possible that if he were cleared by all doctors prior to the start of the league year, the team could rescind that option; that's a grey area, but I think that would result in a grievance.   Speaking of, if a player's doctor said he's not recovered but the team says he is, and they tried to rescind his option, I'm certain it would result in a grievance. 
    • Reich confirmed today the second-year wide receiver suffered injuries to his MCL and PCL, and while Campbell is "going to miss some time," it's not yet known exactly how long he's expected to be out.   From an article 2 days ago at: https://www.colts.com/news/parris-campbell-malik-hooker-rock-ya-sin-injury-updates
    • Not sure I understand what you are saying. Rivers has one of the lowest TtTs, not the most. Rivers has 2 INTs that are on him. The 3rd was all on MAC. The first was his getting baited is a bit understandable. The second was in come from behind mode, which is what led to most of his INTs last year. Regardless, 2 are squarely on him.    The W1 one game plan was stone cold dumb vs Jax. Should have never started tossing all over the place and giving up on the run (which Reich owned up to). But yes, Rivers will throw up 50/50 balls. But that's something a QB is supposed to do. He just needs to have WRs and TEs on the same page that are capable of winning 50/50 balls.   Overall though, the overall majority of his W1 passes were pretty safe, His AGG% can be managed via game plan and play calling, but that doesn't mean a 40/25 run/pass ratio is required. We play the Jets this weekend, and they are good vs the run. We'll need to throw more than we did last week. Not saying we need to go crazy like we did vs Jax, but it won't be a mirror of the MN game either.
    • All I'm saying is, many people didn't want players named AB, or Newton (base salary approx $1 million) because of "character concerns" yes or no?   All I'm saying is, it's not "Colt like" for this vlogging going on. Especially if the player hasn't shown anything on the field.   Excuses starting in 5-4-3-2-1. 
  • Members

    • SSColts

      SSColts 5

      Rookie
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Shepman

      Shepman 265

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Dogg63

      Dogg63 901

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Indyfan4life

      Indyfan4life 1,468

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • w87r

      w87r 2,094

      Moderators
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • landrus13

      landrus13 116

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • KB

      KB 507

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • colts52761

      colts52761 109

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • shasta519

      shasta519 2,836

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • ThePowerslave

      ThePowerslave 27

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...