Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Buccaneers Game Day thread

Nadine

15 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Kicking it was the correct play.   Completely different than going for it on 4th down.    There were only 3 seconds on the clock

I definitely agree the FG was the right choice. My issue was that if you go for it on 4th down to convert, your risking getting no points. He should have taken the 3 and not risked the 4th down conversion imho IF he was just going to kick if he made it but didn’t score 6. Going to take that risk, may as well risk it again and try for the 6 to end the half. Just a questionable decision made initially. 

• Nadine locked this topic
This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• These are strange times.  Are they really going to listen to Saturday, knowing he probably won't be the head coach next month?  And let's be honest, Jeff's credibility took a big hit Monday night.   Let's get 2022 over with.
    • That’s a great post overall and very well thought out. I agree that the issue is that Ballard is micro managing the team. He has a little too much say on team identity and schemes when he should really just be drafting players that fit his coaches needs.   To the quoted, a new HC will basically need to be able to do what Daboll has done and maximize their effort until they start to get their own players in.  Yup. “Ballard’s vision” which includes: -Tall WR’s who can block, but aren’t great route runners -Traitsy DEs with limited play strength who can set an edge better than they can get to the QB -Uber athletic players with high RAS -Corners with 32” arms  -4-3 cover-2 defense   Add in his philosophies on not using FA, over paying any guy the team drafts, and the lack of success of hitting on the skill positions, and you can see why it wasn’t all on the coach.
    • Sounds about right. This sounds like the team we’ve been seeing since the season finale against Jacksonville last season. Some of that is straight up on the players. I think there’s some ego there. A lot of them were handed huge contracts that they didn’t deserve and let getting pro bowl accolades go to their head. That’s my opinion at least.   The other you have to put on the organization for what they put them through. This is QB number 7, offensive playcalling has been horrendous since last year, one of the lockeroom guys was traded, and the HC was fired mid-season. You also have to wonder what the incentive is for them to perform when it seems like everyone will get a big new contract and be handed starting spots without any real competition.    This team is checked out so whatever effect everyone in the media was saying he had on the locker room must’ve worn off. The team essentially has looked the same in the Saturday era.
    • It will be difficult for some players to maintain focus and effort when the season is already done but that's why I don't really see this as an issue. A player that quits is not a player you want on your football team so let them identify themselves during the coming weeks. That way, we know who we need to move on from and who deserves to stick around.  
  • Members

• #12.

#12. 2,186

• NFLfan

NFLfan 11,974

Moderators
    • shakedownstreet

shakedownstreet 2,460

• Superman

Superman 13,406

Moderators
    • Defjamz26