Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Buccaneers Game Day thread

Nadine

1 minute ago, CamMo said:

For anyone who didn’t catch the reasoning...

jacoby was trying to call timeout. You can’t take 2 timeouts in a row. Therefore the play had to be run. Thank God we got the 1st.

If it was intentionally run as a ruse - it was brilliant!

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Another bomb by JB, yeah he can't throw deep at all lmao That one was 50 yards. 

He is definitely throwing it downfield much better today than all year. Not sure if our guys are winning battles or the Tampa guys are bad. 

2 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

wth was that 

Great question. Don’t kick it, try for it on 4th and 1 then kick it after converting. It feels like this staff coaches using the black magic 8 ball, I’ve used this reference many times this year and it seems true. Taking the 3 and getting the ball after the half would have been the right call. JB doesn’t know your team can’t call 2 time outs in a row by now? Dear lord 

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Riverboat Frank haha . I am glad we took the 3 actually. 27-21 at the half. 

What would the thinking be if we didn’t convert? That imho was a horrible coaching decision to not take the 3, convert and then take the 3 after all because it was the proper call. Had they not scored when in that spot, the media and fans would have roasted him. I wonder if Reich is just being too unsure on several calls he makes as a head coach that it’s showing. Needs more confidence in making a call and sticking to it. 

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This is the most fun I have had watching a game since we beat Houston earlier in the year. We opened up the playbook that day as well.

The mixing it up has been great to watch. Also like seeing JB continue to respond to the criticism about holding onto the ball.  I don’t think it’s a horrible thing to have weaknesses, but it’s how you respond that matters. Go Colts! :rock:

• Like 1

Just now, Jdubu said:

What would the thinking be if we didn’t convert? That imho was a horrible coaching decision to not take the 3, convert and then take the 3 after all because it was the proper call. Had they not scored when in that spot, the media and fans would have roasted him. I wonder if Reich is just being too unsure on several calls he makes as a head coach that it’s showing. Needs more confidence in making a call and sticking to it. 

Kicking it was the correct play.   Completely different than going for it on 4th down.    There were only 3 seconds on the clock

• Like 1