Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Fumble?

1959Colts

Seems the fumble should have been reviewed. 

Late fumble should have triggered a formal replay review|

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/11/22/late-fumble-should-have-triggered-a-formal-replay-review/#comments

Here is a direct link, to the same video, explaining how we got robbed by officiating. 

https://www.nbcsports.com/video/texans-saved-replay-controversy-against-colts-thursday-night-football

• Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, LuckyHorseShoe§ said:

We got robbed there, but would we really have scored if we had gotten the ball? I kinda doubt it. I guess we’ll never know. There should be a 33 ranking in power rankings though, and the zebras should be there every week

All we needed was a kick to tie. Im thinking we would have needed 35 yards from the spot. I dont know for sure if we could have got the yards. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, braveheartcolt said:

Was there a clear recovery by a Colt?

From my understanding, that would be part of the criteria for overturning the call on the field, but the fumble in itself should have been reviewed to help determine if there was a clear recovery.

In this instance, the refs are essentially refuting the existence of the fumble.

Edit: I don't necessarily blame the on -field refs, because it's on the booth to see the replay and decide that at the very least there was a fumble that should have been reviewed.

I thought the same thing. However, all it probably would have done was extend the game by a half an hour. The Colts went away from the run with under 3 min in the game. Brissett would have thrown 3 or 4 low percentage incomplete passes. Game over. Manning spoiled us. todays Colts waste so much time when they can't afford to. When getting a great play, after all the celebration, they have to call time out? Why can't Brissett throw to a runnig back with out the poor guy having to leave his feet or change direction and get no YAC?

• Like 1

It should have been reviewed.  There was a clear fumble in the replay.

Another issue with that, is the refs kept the clock running as they were sorting it out but they did not start the play clock, if they were going to keep the clokc running the play clock should have started as well.  It would have saved 15 seconds.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

The officials should have at least looked... and did a normal TV review.

For the sake of the games own credibility.

Yes, especially after the Texans called timeout. But I guess by then they said there was no clear recovery so they wouldn’t have overturned it.  

However, there were so many other opportunities that were missed that I’m not dwelling on this one.  But it does seem officiating gets worse every year. 

10 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Yes, especially after the Texans called timeout. But I guess by then they said there was no clear recovery so they wouldn’t have overturned it.  

However, there were so many other opportunities that were missed that I’m not dwelling on this one.  But it does seem officiating gets worse every year. 

They just want the texans to make the playoffs  so that the ravens can destroy  them again 

• Like 2

Twas a fumble.

Ruled recovered by Texans.

Refs already said it should have been reviewed.

TY is the reason we lost. CATCH the ball dud....dang!

Then Reich lets Brissett throw 3 times for nothing when we had the running game clicking!

Then he calls a pass play that Brissett runs for the first down, and fails. Why not give it to a RUNNING BACK?

Some of them early calls for holding against us were horrible! The def line texan was falling down ON HIS OWN and they called holding....then in the forth quarter the texans did the EXACT same thing to a falling down colt lineman and NO CALL.

Felt like a setup cause texans cant win on their own.

Cant wait for when we whuppin em in the playoffs....if the texans can make it.

We will !!!

Edited by RabidVet
spelling
  • Like 1

It’s already been said all over Twitter and ESPN that should have been reviewed. And the fact that the refs didn’t even act like there was a fumble is beyond incorrect. 

I’m sure we’ll be awarded another “upon further evidence, we have deemed this was incorrect and warranted a review.” 

I * hate that the refs being so bad and dumb cost us, let alone any team a game. Also the fact that guys who have NEVER been a ref are on tv and radio reviewing the rules and saying why it should be, but the guys in the field aren’t doing it should be accounted for. If I mess up my job, I’m fired. Why are these refs allowed every week to just be so stupid and clueless and not be consistent? 

There was heeps of time left for the Colts to get into FG range from the spot of the recovery. The refs did everything they could to get the Texans to snap another play. The ref was pretty much ignoring Reich and you could tell by his reaction when  he walked away. The refs were really bad last night and it was clearly calls made for the texans. I didnt see any penalties against them that was questionable. 

Having said that. The colts are still capable of overcoming bad officiating. And they didnt do it. That fumble was just another game changing call the refs make against a lot of teams the last couple years. 

I've said this before. If you want the refs to be held accountable you're going to need to stop buying into NFL content. Stop watching. But no one is willing to do what it really takes to make a statement. You want to watch games and EXPECT the league to just be of high moral, and hold these guys accountable. Guys. They're all making bookoo regardless of the bad officiating because everyone is still partaking of their product. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GoColts00 said:

Yes. Darius Leonard had the ball. Replay showed the ball coming out before Watson went down. Leonard raised his left arm stating he had the ball

The ball clearly came out but I have not seen any angle showing Leonard possessed the ball. Him raising his hand means nothing. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CR91 said:

Any more proof you need that the NFL wants the Texans more then the colts? Mike perriera also acting like it would have been tough to overturn. There was clear footage of the ball being loose and Leonard recovered. Total nonsense

Dear God....

please be smarter than that

8 minutes ago, KB said:

I feel that the refs should see who has the ball at the bottom of a pile then see if the fumble needs reviewed. No fumble no problem. If there is a fumble there is a clear way to see whos possession it is.

That’s what I’m saying.  Leonard has the ball and the review showed it was a fumble. That’s pretty easy.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

process failure to be sure. Part of a larger conspiracy?  That dog don’t hunt. 

It's no secret the media loves the Texans more. Their the more flashy toy. Ratings are better with Watson at the helm then Brissett

Is it possible it was looked at in the booth/remotely like they do the touchdowns? I just assumed someone looked at it and said the recovery could not be determined. I know the refs don't go under the hood every scoring play that is reviewed so I assumed this was treated the same way last night.

18 minutes ago, CR91 said:

It's no secret the media loves the Texans more. Their the more flashy toy. Ratings are better with Watson at the helm then Brissett

stop compounding a bad take with more bad takes. 

even accepting that as true, it does mean the call on the field comes close to being a league or tv directed issue. It was bad execution but nothing more sinister. 

9 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

stop compounding a bad take with more bad takes. 

even accepting that as true, it does mean the call on the field comes close to being a league or tv directed issue. It was bad execution but nothing more sinister. 

Obviously not, but you can't deny something stinks that the game wasn't stop just to review it especially in a close game.

Even had it been reviewed the REFS would've gave it to the Texans even though Leonard clearly had the ball in one arm and was pointing down field with the other lmao . Even if I hated the Colts, that should've been Colts ball after looking at the replays. ESPN even talked about this play a lot today which is rare for them to talk about Indy. HFA and star power with Watson wins out haha 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, C0lts088 said:

I was at the game... vinny was hitting 55 yarders pretty easily at halftime...

how this hasn’t even been showed on ESPN or discussed, blows my mind 

They did say he was hitting them.  I think they said he was matching his personal long.