Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Fumble?

1959Colts

1 hour ago, jskinnz said:

process failure to be sure. Part of a larger conspiracy?  That dog don’t hunt. 

This dog is sick of the REFS jobbing the Colts a lot angry dog GIF, it isn't just this game but against the Chargers and Steelers the REFS screwed us too. Get some glasses if you disagree. I would love to watch a game with you and we can check mark every time we get a bogus call and the other team does. I think you will find why people complain.

1 hour ago, midwest said:

Is it possible it was looked at in the booth/remotely like they do the touchdowns? I just assumed someone looked at it and said the recovery could not be determined. I know the refs don't go under the hood every scoring play that is reviewed so I assumed this was treated the same way last night.

I think the folks in NY looked at it but didn't see enough to buzz the refs to stop the game for a full review.  Even with Houston call a timeout they still didn't do a full review.  

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This dog is sick of the REFS jobbing the Colts a lot angry dog GIF, it isn't just this game but against the Chargers and Steelers the REFS screwed us too. Get some glasses if you disagree. I would love to watch a game with you and we can check mark every time we get a bogus call and the other team does. I think you will find why people complain.

1) never said it should not have been reviewed but that it was a process failure. The result of the play would not have changed anyway

2) we are in no danger of watching a game together. 

3) do you count the questionable calls that go Indy’s way?

1 hour ago, jskinnz said:

3) do you count the questionable calls that go Indy’s way?

Some of us do. I have been since the Pittsburgh game.

By "egregious" in the following, I mean calls were clearly wrong based on replay and not calls that are questionable, and there was a direct impact on a drive by said call.

Egregious officiating mistakes against the Colts last night: 4 plays

1. Helmet to helmet hit on Brissett

2. Holding call which negated Brisset's 17 yard run and killed a drive

3. Non-holding call which should have negated Texan's first TD

4. Fumble at the end of the game

I counted exactly 0 egregious officiating mistakes which went against the Texans, but feel free to add them.

In the previous game, I observed two egregious calls against the Colts and one against the Jaguars.

In the Dolphins game, I observed four egregious calls against the Colts and one against the Dolphins.

In the Pittsburgh game, I observed 5 egregious calls against the Colts and zero against the Steelers.

It's hard to not be outraged at this point, no matter if it's a conspiracy or just incompetence.  Either way, it is totally unacceptable.

• Like 1

Another play I thought was very bad officiating, Brissett was sliding in the 1st or 2nd qtr and was really nailed in the head, helmet to helmet and I even thought Brissett looked whoosey while getting up. But I don't know, atleast 3 refs would have been looking right at it with a better view of it than what I had watching it on tv and we know the refs don't miss obvious calls.

If there was a World Championship for petty excuses, a lot of our posters would be standing atop the podium singing their hearts out as the flag zips up the flagpole faster than Jacoby Brissett leads his team downfield.

if we did get that fumble, we would probably have given up a safety. I would prefer a thread on TY's crucial drops than this feeble moan fest. The refs were probably just being kind.

4 minutes ago, braveheartcolt said:

If there was a World Championship for petty excuses, a lot of our posters would be standing atop the podium singing their heart out as the flag zips up the flagpole faster than Jacoby Brissett leads his team downfield.

if we did get that fumble, we would probably given up a safety. I would prefer a thread on TY's crucial drops than this feeble moan fest. The refs were probably just being kind.

Holton wasn't  ready to come back, but that doesn't  explain  the other wrs poor performance 

The whole years officiating has been bad.  Enough complaining about it from players to warrant the league to say cease and desist. This fumble issue was so bad that I don’t think Aikman and company really knew what to say.  It was almost like the producers were telling them to move on. I’m joking......but not really. 

2 hours ago, 1959Colts said:

This was my issue.  

The Colts deserved to lose, but the NFL is a joke. The refs are ridiculously terrible.  

I'm done watching.  

I'll follow the Colts on my score app, but this has become unwatchable and it isn't the Colts' fault.

10 hours ago, braveheartcolt said:

A dodgy calf does not affect his hand to eye coordination. Stop with the excuses please. We were not good enough to beat a very average team when the chips were down....

It can if you are thinking  about calf pain when trying to catch. The one play was tipped and the other catch Joseph  knocked  out of his hand.

16 hours ago, braveheartcolt said:

If there was a World Championship for petty excuses, a lot of our posters would be standing atop the podium singing their hearts out as the flag zips up the flagpole faster than Jacoby Brissett leads his team downfield.

if we did get that fumble, we would probably have given up a safety. I would prefer a thread on TY's crucial drops than this feeble moan fest. The refs were probably just being kind.

So no ones allowed to complain about the non-review?

Also are you saying, the ball having been fumbles at the IND 41, we would’ve gone 41 yards backwards?

We can complain about multiple things you know. We can complain about Hilton as well as the non-review.

This is a message board. This is pretty much the venue for such things. Be more tolerant.

17 hours ago, braveheartcolt said:

This guy gets it

8 hours ago, bluebombers87 said:

So no ones allowed to complain about the non-review?

Also are you saying, the ball having been fumbles at the IND 41, we would’ve gone 41 yards backwards?

We can complain about multiple things you know. We can complain about Hilton as well as the non-review.

This is a message board. This is pretty much the venue for such things. Be more tolerant.

I was not complaining. Just offering my opinion. This is a message board after all. Deuce.

18 hours ago, Stephen said:

It can if you are thinking  about calf pain when trying to catch. The one play was tipped and the other catch Joseph  knocked  out of his hand.

The first pass was tipped. I’ve watched multiple replays of the second one, and I have yet to see where Joseph hit it. Looked like a clear drop.