Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rock and a hard place...? Rock Ya-Sin (merge)

Chucklez

Even before today’s game, I have not been convinced by Ya Sin’s play in the secondary. I know Sutton is having a breakout year of sorts, but Rock was pure and simple picked on today. 

I just don’t understand the hype he was getting in camp and there was even a thread earlier on this week about how good he had been... but I just don’t see it.

Am I missing something? Quincy has been better than Ya Sin...

6 minutes ago, Chucklez said:

Even before today’s game, I have not been convinced by Ya Sin’s play in the secondary. I know Sutton is having a breakout year of sorts, but Rock was pure and simple picked on today. 

I just don’t understand the hype he was getting in camp and there was even a thread earlier on this week about how good he had been... but I just don’t see it.

Hes a rookie!!!

• Thanks 4

2 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Hes a rookie!!!

Not an excuse for the game he had today...

Besides, I’m not saying cut him or bench him entirely... I just don’t see the hype and I’d rather see Wilson start over him, at least until he gets some more experience under his belt.

9 minutes ago, Chucklez said:

The last call on him was a joke I thought it was offensive before defensive PI.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MPStack said:

This was Rock’s worst game, but he has played well as a rookie throughout most of the season and will be fine. 

Not sure how much stock one puts into it, but PFF has him with a 60.1 rating on the season so far, which is nothing special.

1 minute ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Hes a rookie!!!

And? No one is saying he should be cut, but it's very reasonable to say he should be playing better than what he's shown so far this year

• Like 2

Did you see the calls.....a few of them were pretty ticky tack at best....

We WERE the least penalized team in the NFL for a reason.....this referee staff is know for throwing A LOT of laundry on the field.

I'm sure we'll get another apology letter from the NFL on Autry's penalty on the FG.

Banogu had a solid game, 2 sacks, Pass Defensed and plenty of pressure - stepping up in Turay's absence!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 21isSuperman said:

I think he's been very underwhelming all season, not just today's game

Agree, I know he’s a rookie and Corner is hard to plug in and play at a high level as a rook. I’m not saying he is trash or won’t be good, but I certainly don’t see the hype as it stands.

Just now, IinD said:

Nothing wrong with a guy flat out beating someone all day. We've seen many great CB's look like fools against Peyton/Andrew.

Rookie who had a bad day at the office. He'll learn from this.

I’m not saying just today’s game. I’m taking all season thus far. Nothing he has done has been particularly impressive. I am not seeing the hype.

• Like 2

Just now, Chucklez said:

I’m not saying just today’s game. I’m taking all season thus far. Nothing he has done has been particularly impressive. I am not seeing the hype.

He's a rookie and I don't think anyone has said he's all world.

He's been solid most of the season. 

• Like 2

It's not like he wasn't right there on most of those plays.  He just needs to clean up the holds or learn to disguise them a little bit better.  I'm confident he'll be fine, but you're being unrealistic if you don't think he's going to struggle some in year 1.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Chucklez said:

Well, let’s put it this way, Wilson has lost his spot to a rookie. Rock has his moments, but he’s 7 games into his career. Wilson, well, he’s proven time and time again, he’s not that good. I think he’s okay inside, but put him outside and he’s torched. Wilson May be on his way out the door with him being a healthy scratch today.

9 minutes ago, Chucklez said:

Not an excuse for the game he had today...

Besides, I’m not saying cut him or bench him entirely... I just don’t see the hype and I’d rather see Wilson start over him, at least until he gets some more experience under his belt.

So how does one get experience from riding the bench? He will learn more from this one game than riding the wood would get him all season 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, krunk said:

It's not like he wasn't right there on most of those plays.  He just needs to clean up the holds or learn to disguise them a little bit better.  I'm confident he'll be fine, but you're being unrealistic if you don't think he's going to struggle some in year 1.

I never said anything of the sort. I just think he has underwhelmed compared to how he has been viewed.

For now, he focuses too much on the receiver once they get behind him. As he gets more experience and learns to recognize patterns and routes hopefully he’ll trust his instincts and turn to look back at the QB. 

He’s definitely learning that NFL receivers are tough and physical. Hopefully Desir gets healthy soon...

Ironic that people are clamoring for Pierre, who toiled with different teams for three years before hitting his stride in his second year with the Colts.  Yet no patience with Rock who is light years ahead of where Desir was at the same point in his career.  What I’ve seen from Rock is very tight coverage, and who rarely loses any steps on his receiver, including today.  The penalties will get cleaned up.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2