Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rock and a hard place...? Rock Ya-Sin (merge)

Chucklez

5 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

Two of those calls were actually bad though. One of the holds you could see on the replay that Rock literally didn't even touch the WR lol. The last DPI that was called on him the WR (Sutton I think it was) was pushing Rock and Rock got flagged for it somehow.

The other 3 calls were legit as he was very grabby. Those 2 I stated above were bad calls. We are probably lucky the last one didn't cost us the game as it certainly could have.

I'm not defending Rock as he clearly has work to do. But not all 5 of those penalties on him were good calls.

Rock . . . bottom.

Ya-Sin's PFF grade for the season is down to 48.4, which is headed toward worst in the league territory. 

2 minutes ago, krunk said:

This Steelers game is where you get back to Desir and Quincy Wilson while letting Rock , Shakial Taylor/Marvel Tell and Kenny more take on some of the other receivers.  We should be fine with this grouping.

Mason to ju ju and he drops it, but wait it's  a flag the 10th one on rock today lol

52 minutes ago, HectorRoberts said:

How many times did tell get flagged for holding or pass interference? Because rock was called 6 times... I like ya-sin a lot but he has a very bad day on Sunday 

Ok,  5 times,  one was total nonsense.  And tell never lined up 1 on 1 with sutton

32 minutes ago, krunk said:

This Steelers game is where you get back to Desir and Quincy Wilson while letting Rock , Shakial Taylor/Marvel Tell and Kenny more take on some of the other receivers.  We should be fine with this grouping.

Why would Quincy be active against the Steelers and not the Broncos?

11 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Why would Quincy be active against the Steelers and not the Broncos?

What are you going to do?  Sit him for the rest of the year?

The Broncos had virtually no passing game outside of Sutton and they

probably wouldn't have even had that if Quincy played.  Right now he's still a better cover corner than Rock. Rock will get better, but  I think Quincy would have played that matchup better than Rock did. 

The Broncos is a good game to let rookie  players play because their passing offense or lack there of.  Heinz field has always been a tough out for us so I think you go with your veteran players in this one.   I don't think you sit Desir and Wilson for the Steelers game, I think you have both of them active.

On 10/27/2019 at 5:29 PM, Chucklez said:

Not an excuse for the game he had today...

Besides, I’m not saying cut him or bench him entirely... I just don’t see the hype and I’d rather see Wilson start over him, at least until he gets some more experience under his belt.

Yeah, he needs a lot of coaching

On 10/27/2019 at 5:19 PM, Chucklez said:

Even before today’s game, I have not been convinced by Ya Sin’s play in the secondary. I know Sutton is having a breakout year of sorts, but Rock was pure and simple picked on today. 

I just don’t understand the hype he was getting in camp and there was even a thread earlier on this week about how good he had been... but I just don’t see it.

Am I missing something? Quincy has been better than Ya Sin...

It seems to me he's losing at the line of scrimmage and since he doesn't have great make up speed he's doing a lot of reaching in man coverage which is an easy PI call.  He needs to leverage his strength at the line  which will allow him to keep his leverage.  He also needs to learn to be disciplined with his hands.  It may be that he's used to being able to clean up poor point of contact in college but in the NFL these guys are too good, too fast.  Hopefully he learns, tough day for sure, makes you appreciate Desir a little more...

9 hours ago, MacDee1975 said:

So how many Ballard second rounders is it now that that have completely underwhelmed?  I’ve lost count.

I know.....Darius Leonard, Braden Smith....blah blah blah.  How about the half dozen busts though?

Good lord,   the nonsense around here is something.   

• Like 3

10 hours ago, MacDee1975 said:

So how many Ballard second rounders is it now that that have completely underwhelmed?  I’ve lost count.

I know.....Darius Leonard, Braden Smith....blah blah blah.  How about the half dozen busts though?

Half-dozen? Lol, not sure where you’re getting that number from. His only real busts so far are Wilson (2nd round), Basham (3rd round), and Lewis (2nd round who has appeared in 10/24 games).