Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rock and a hard place...? Rock Ya-Sin (merge)

Chucklez

1 hour ago, Chucklez said:

Not an excuse for the game he had today...

Besides, I’m not saying cut him or bench him entirely... I just don’t see the hype and I’d rather see Wilson start over him, at least until he gets some more experience under his belt.

I would not get too used to the idea of Wilson starting. He was a healthy scratch on a day that Desir was out. 

• Like 1

I think that was the Bronco's best play today. Throw it in Sutton's general direction and wait for the flag. I'm surprised they didn't try it on the second to last possession when they needed one first down to end the game.

1 minute ago, FRW said:

I think that was the Bronco's best play today. Throw it in Sutton's general direction and wait for the flag. I'm surprised they didn't try it on the second to last possession when they needed one first down to end the game.

Agree! I was thinking the exact same thing at that moment. I guess the D stepped up at the end with just enough pressure to keep that from happening.

2 minutes ago, Stephen said:

The problem  was he has not been turning to look back. Once he starts looking  back more less flags will occur 

That is true I noticed that today.  I also heard several people who cover the Colts say Rock is a bit grabby and today he got caught.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jameszeigler834 said:

The last call on him was a joke I thought it was offensive before defensive PI.

Agreed, obvious offensive PI. 

Ya Sin is only 7 games into his rookie season and already playing at a very high level. Dubious officiating from one side judge doesn't change that.

Rock is going to be a damn good corner. This position takes time. If he were out of position consistently, I'd be concerned. He's not. He's just not making plays, and today especially, was penalty happy. He's out there working and getting great experience. In my opinion, he's better as a rookie than most of the dummies we've dished big money to over the last 7 years that couldn't cover for their lives. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

Rock is going to be a damn good corner. This position takes time. If he were out of position consistently, I'd be concerned. He's not. He's just not making plays, and today especially, was penalty happy. He's out there working and getting great experience. In my opinion, he's better as a rookie than most of the dummies we've dished big money to over the last 7 years that couldn't cover for their lives. 

Just curios who most of the dummies are. Sounds like there must be a lot of them.

To be fair, the coaching staff didn't put him in a great position leaving him in so many 1-on-1 scenarios when he had been getting beat all day.

Rock has potential and he is in the right spot most of the time, but he needs to be able to turn and find the ball if he's going to use his hands as much as he does.

Usually if you turn and make a play on the ball, the ref will forgive incidental contact. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

I think he's been very underwhelming all season, not just today's game

For such a highly selected rookie, especially considering who else was available when the pick was made (even at the position), I wholeheartedly agree.

Also, there are bad games, and then there are the types of games Ya-Sin had today.  He was roasted on a crossing route (I was shocked at his lack of speed in both covering the crosser and pursuing after the catch; he couldn't even catch up to make the tackle).

He was blown by a vertical and had to commit PI to save a TD.  I cannot say he played with bad technique today, because he didn't play with any. 

I don't put all of the blame on Ya-Sin.  The fact that the Colts continued to leave him on an island after he continued to have his confidence incinerated was mind-boggling to me.

Note: I'm not giving up on Ya-Sin, but he is nowhere near playing consistently good football.  Some of the rookies on defense are.  Willis is.  Okereke isn't at the level of Willis, but he has shown more good than bad.

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

He has played solid in that number two spot. He clearly isn’t ready for the number one spot. Desir would of been on Sutton if he had played.

Desir has been a warrior this year playing with the bad hammy.  Glad he was able to rest today.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

In the last five or so years the only Corner drafted high I have seen do well their first year is Marcus Peters.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

I think today showed why we should not trade Wilson. It kills our depth if Desir gets hurt.

Marvel Tell says hello.

Desir was out today and the Colts were apparently so worried about depth, they had Wilson as a healthy inactive.

8 hours ago, hoosierhawk said:

Just curios who most of the dummies are. Sounds like there must be a lot of them.

Greg Toler couldn't cover someone's jockstrap and pulled 14 mil over 3 years here.

Patrick Robinson came in on a 13.5 mil deal and didn't last a year. 

The amount of dummies we pulled off the street and started when injuries happened, because Grigson couldnt draft a competent corner (Djoun Smith, TJ Green), or put any kind of depth with guys that could man up, was unbelievable. 

Well if you are looking for some positive.  Rocks' pass interference calls happen when he was step to step with the WR and not 2-3 yards behind chasing him into the end zone.  That way the Broncos had to run additional plays giving our defense more opportunities.

Hopefully viewing game tape and some good coaching he can improve in the future.

I’m not sure why every time a Colts CB gets flagged for a PI people want to scream about how bad the calls were. There were no tacky calls. The league refs do not have it out for the Colts DB so let’s stop that nonsense.

Also, the problem with Rock is that like our other 2nd round CB, he’s handsy and doesn’t seem to be able to turn his head around and find the ball and that’s a HUGE problem. That type of flaw that is hard to fix in a corner. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, jskinnz said:

Desir was out today and the Colts were apparently so worried about depth, they had Wilson as a healthy inactive.

There will be plenty who dismiss this as “we have a trade for him lined up!”

Sure. If we have one lined up already why are we waiting to make it? Why not put him out there in a situation where he could increase his value?

Yeah yeah, I hear you. “So he doesn’t get hurt!” And I still call nonsense. Wilson has very little value as is. He’s a guy who couldn’t even stay in the good graces of a poor coaching staff, and has seemingly fallen out of favor with this one as well. The best thing they could have done yesterday was play him and hope he had a good game to maybe squeeze a little more value out of him. 

13 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

Sure. If we have one lined up already why are we waiting to make it? Why not put him out there in a situation where he could increase his value?

Yeah yeah, I hear you. “So he doesn’t get hurt!” And I still call nonsense. Wilson has very little value as is. He’s a guy who couldn’t even stay in the good graces of a poor coaching staff, and has seemingly fallen out of favor with this one as well. The best thing they could have done yesterday was play him and hope he had a good game to maybe squeeze a little more value out of him. 

FWIW the Dolphins left Kenyon Drake in Miami instead of traveling for tonights game.  His name has come up in trade talks as well.  that looks like they might have something in the works for him. Just because it doesn't happen right away doesn't mean it won't happen.  Especially if there is more than one team interested.  JMO.

42 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

If there is a trade in the works, the absolute last thing they would do is play him.  

1 hour ago, Defjamz26 said:

I’m not sure why every time a Colts CB gets flagged for a PI people want to scream about how bad the calls were. There were no tacky calls. The league refs do not have it out for the Colts DB so let’s stop that nonsense.

Two of those calls were actually bad though. One of the holds you could see on the replay that Rock literally didn't even touch the WR lol. The last DPI that was called on him the WR (Sutton I think it was) was pushing Rock and Rock got flagged for it somehow.

The other 3 calls were legit as he was very grabby. Those 2 I stated above were bad calls. We are probably lucky the last one didn't cost us the game as it certainly could have.

I'm not defending Rock as he clearly has work to do. But not all 5 of those penalties on him were good calls.