Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Chiefs Sunday Night Football Game Thread

LucasOilStadium

3 minutes ago, mahagga73 said:

Wouldn't you think with the no overload on onside kicks they would try something more elaborate than that? 

The rule changes and the no run up pretty much makes it almost impossible. Too bad that rule wasn’t in effect for our SB against the Saints. 

• Thanks 1

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics

• Ability to cover one on one which is what happened... We haven't seen any cornerback play yet this year, so I'll reserve judgment until so. Otherwise we are predicting what is going to happen based on two rookies playing last season. I am more concerned about the depth, as I can't imagine they aren't as well. I was hopeful for Scott bringing serious competition and elevating the secondary. I hope Flowers does that at cornerback. Can always improve though, and there is still plenty of time. I hope Cross becomes our permanent guy and elevates. We have a lot of youth on the backend of this roster. It's obvious the plan is for them to grow. Hopefully we see it out of the gate and consistent growth throughout the season.  I don't see any way the pass rush is not more effective. I don't see the secondary getting worse, far from it. That will help to begin. We added the best pass rusher in the draft. We now have a deep d-line that is going to be rotated heavily, which will lead to fresh bodies bringing pressure, all the way up until the big gal sings her final tune each game.    I may be crazy, but I'm not concerned as much as other's are about the defense. I'm concerned about #5, 11, and 28's health, as I think they drive the offense, which is going to be the difference in the W/L column. If they can stay healthy, and our defense can grow throughout the year, I think we'll be positioned well. Our depth in the trenches is going to be a major advantage over the course of a long season. I believe in Shane Steichen, more than anyone.
    • I saw the media tried to make it out that the Celtics had an easy path to the finals. They went 64-18 during the season and 16-3 in the postseason. That is absolute domination from start to finish. Awesome to see Indiana native Brad Stevens get his first ring!!  I hope the Pacers close the gap and look forward to battling the Celtics the next few years. 
    • I do agree about the great OL and play caller.    The DL will come down whether Latu is a legit stud pass rusher right away. JT has been a great RB, but not the past two years. The receivers are solid, but seems like most teams have good-great WR groups anymore.    This feels like a "if everything goes right" kind of thing. But it's the offseason.  
    • Sure. It's possible that teams could have had boards that included many WRs as R1 grades, including Mitchell, and they just chose one over him. I worded that weirdly, but what I meant was that teams that didn't have him as a R1 player, it was for reasons beyond the rumors in this article.   But the "surefire first rounder until he was done dirty by rumors" doesn't track.    We know that AD ranked poorly in some advanced metrics (like yards per route run) that typically operate as requisites for successful NFL WRs (outliers are rare). We know what some team scouts had concerns from his Combine drills. And we know what happened at the draft.    And those comments that McGinn published weren't even his thoughts...they too were from NFL scouts.   Seems like the easiest and logical explanation is that teams had legit concerns (for multiple reasons) about AD and that, not rumors, is what pushed him down in the draft. But Destin seems to be spinning a couple of those concerns (that Ballard had addressed) to drive his narrative.
    • Thanks @TheNewGuy   You’re right, nothing new to us in the article.  But it’s nice to read anything from the national media about the Colts.     I for one love it that most of the talking heads rarely mention the Colts.  But I’m guessing that media coverage will increase exponentially as the season goes on!   (However, I was also very excited when we got Matt Ryan.  So I may not be the best prognosticator…)
  • Members

• ADnum1

ADnum1 3,223

• stitches

stitches 19,977

• colts89

colts89 1,051

• DEColtsLover36

DEColtsLover36 2,116

• Nadine

Nadine 8,162

Administrators