Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Chiefs Sunday Night Football Game Thread

LucasOilStadium

Welcome for NFL Game Night Colts Fans!  :default_20smile:   Our 2-2 Indianapolis Colts are back in the Kansas City, Missouri, to play a regular season road game at Arrowhead Stadium with the undefeated, 4-0, and AFC West leading  Kansas City Chiefs in six seasons.   

Indianapolis will also try to avenge their season ending, 31-13, postseason loss to the Chiefs during the 2019 AFC Divisional Playoff Game last January 12.   Colts are are also playing the first of three prime time games during their 16-game, 2019 NFL regular season. Colts will play at the Houston Texans later for Thursday Night Football on November 21, for The NFL On FOX, NFL Network, and Amazon Prime. and at the New Orleans Saints for ESPN's Monday Night Football on December 16.

Ball control to keep the Chiefs defense on the field as long as possible  in each  offensive series by the Colts is key by  the leadership and responsibility of QB Jacoby Brissett, so Chiefs QB and NFL MVP Patrick Mahomes, and Chiefs Head Coach Andy Reid, do not stifle the Colts defense during the course of tonight's game.  Mahomes and Andrew Luck through the most touchdown passes during the 2018 NFL regular season, Mahomes with 50, and Luck with 49.

Indianapolis was  at Arrowhead Stadium nine months earlier, at the site where the Chiefs defeated our Colts by the score of 31-13 in the 2018 AFC Divisional Playoff Game on January 12, and eventual 2018 NFL Comeback Player Of The Year Andrew Luck played his last NFL game.

Indianapolis though defeated Kansas City in the Colts last regular season visit to Arrowhead Stadium back on December 22, 2013.  Chiefs RB Jamaal Charles scored the only touchdown for KC with his 31-yard run, followed by a Ryan Succop to help KC lead.  But the Colts scored their 23 points in the second and third quarters.   Colts RB Donald Brown scored two TD's a pass play from Andrew Luck from 33 yards, and his 51 TD run, along with Adam Vinatieri's two PAT's, and three field goals from 46, 45, and 30 yards to make the final score 23-7.

Indianapolis also leads the all-time series, including 21 regular season and 5 postseason games, at 16-10-0.  Colts won four straight playoffs games over the Chiefs before their playoff loss last January,  4-1 postseason, 12-9 regular season.

Al Michaels and former Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver Cris Collinsworth are announcing the live TV game commentary, along with sideline reporter and interviewer Michele Tafoya, for NBC Sports live coverage of Sunday Night Football.

SNF on NBC's network pregame coverage begins with the 'Football Night In America' pregame studio show at 7:00 PM Eastern Standard Time.  Game Coverage begins at 8:20 PM EST, and is simulcast nationally throughout the USA including locally on WTHR NBC Channel 13 in Indianapolis, around the world to our US military personnel on The Armed Forces Broadcast Network, and in your personal computer devices and computer through your local cable provider, all media seen live on HD.

Mostly cloudy skies at 61 degrees is the local gamecast inside Arrowhead Stadium at the Harry S. Truman Sports Complex in Independence, Missouri, for the 8:20 PM Eastern Standard Time kickoff, along with  0% precipitation, 54% humidity, and mild northern winds at 4 miles per hour.

Lead referee Craig Wrolstad leads his NFL officiating crew to supervise the live game action on the playing field field between the Colts and Chiefs.

Chiefs are dressing in their all-red uniforms while the visiting Colts are wearing their traditional all-white road uniforms in tonight's Sunday Night Football game from Kansas City.

The National Football League continues their annual 'A Crucial Catch' campaign to support Breast Cancer Awareness Month, so both the Colts and Chiefs players, their coaching and team support staffs,and the rest of the NFL teams may voluntarily wear authorized pink colored NFL equipment and apparel both on the playing field and in the sidelines during their games played in October.

NO injuries,  and defeat the Chiefs in primetime Blue Horseshoe!  LET'S GO COLTS!!!!!  :rock: :coltslogo:   :1colts:  :colts:  :coltshelmet: . :coltslogo:    :D

2019 Colts @ Chiefs Game Day Preview,  Team Injury Reports, Live NFL Game Centers, NBC's Sports Live Stream Sunday Night Football,and The NFL's 'A Crucial Catch'  Links:

https://www.colts.com/news/kansas-city-chiefs-preview-2019-week-5

https://www.colts.com/team/injury-report/

https://www.chiefs.com/team/injury-report/

https://www.colts.com/game-day/2019/reg-week5/colts-at-chiefs/

https://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2019100612/2019/REG5/colts@chiefs

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/watch-sunday-night-football

https://www.nfl.com/crucialcatch

• Like 3

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Thanks LOS, any given Sunday. Go Colts!

Awww man you stole my line. I fully intended to just come to this thread to post just those 3 little words and you already did it, not cool man not cool! Lol!

Well I’m with this guy on this one, enough said!

Happy Sunday everyone! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17-0 Raiders at Half over Bears. Falcons who some were calling a bad team lead at Half over the Texans 17-16. Matt Ryan has 150 yards passing, 2 TD's, no INT's so far. Falcons may be 1-3 but they aren't a bad team and are always a tough out. Have been for years. Buffalo 7-0 over Titans at Half too haha. Interesting games. 

I have been watching the ticker on the Texans game. Looks like Atlanta has killed themselves with penalties against . They have had a lot of 3rd and really longs.

15 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We need to beat Houston, that will be a huge game. They should win today, don't they play KC next week though? lmao 

That game might define the season. Either 3-3- or 2-4 and it’s over.

22 minutes ago, DraftMaster said:

Lol Falcons are trash

Houston 3-2

Colts 2-2

Jags 2-3

Titans 2-3

Yep and Houston plays at KC next week. So like a lot on this thread picking KC over us by 3 TD's, I predict KC will win that by 3 TD's sexy homer simpson GIF

Houston is 3-2

Colts 2-2

Jags 2-3

Titans 2-3

-I will take it even we go to 2-3 and lose at KC. After today our schedule gets favorable. Houston at KC next week lmao . Steelers also lost to drop to 1-4 which is great to see them suck, couldn't of happened to better a bunch of guys :funny:

Jags lose. That Texan game in two weeks is going to be huge. They will either take a good hold on the south or we can stay in it. The chiefs need to beat them next week.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yep and Houston plays at KC next week. So like a lot on this thread picking KC over us by 3 TD's, I predict KC will win that by 3 TD's sexy homer simpson GIF

Houston is 3-2

Colts 2-2

Jags 2-3

Titans 2-3

-I will take it even we go to 2-3 and lose at KC. After today our schedule gets favorable. Houston at KC next week lmao . Steelers also lost to drop to 1-4 which is great to see them suck, couldn't of happened to better a bunch of guys :funny:

Did you see the hit Rudolph took. He was knocked out cold.

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

Jags lose. That Texan game in two weeks is going to be huge. They will either take a good hold on the south or we can stay in it. The chiefs need to beat them next week.

Did you see the hit Rudolph took. He was knocked out cold.

I did not see that. I hate the Steelers but don't wish injury on anyone. Was it bad? I noticed he wasn't in the game at the end.