Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Desir

Flash7

13 minutes ago, Flash7 said:

Got to give some love to Desir. He's quietly been playing at a very high level. He has shut down some of the league's top receivers (Hopkins, Amari Cooper) and was matched up against Hopkins again today.

Before the game, Hopkins promised that he would not be shut down like last time. He emphatically stated that it would not happen again. Desir (and Deshaun Watson) held Hopkins to 5 receptions for 37 yards, again.

He did play great and has been doing so!  

• Like 1

Does this game impact Desir’s value this offseason?! I could see a team like the Jets/Bucs giving him $9 million per year after watching him play the way he has the last 5 weeks. 

Would you be okay with paying him $8-$9 million? R. Melvin got paid, and he was not nearly the same player as Desir has been for us the second half of the year. 

3 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

Does this game impact Desir’s value this offseason?! I could see a team like the Jets/Bucs giving him $9 million per year after watching him play the way he has the last 5 weeks. 

Would you be okay with paying him $8-$9 million? R. Melvin got paid, and he was not nearly the same player as Desir has been for us the second half of the year. 

If Desir is gonna put Hopkins on lock like these last 2 games, there’s no way Ballard doesn’t bring him back. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I salute Mr. Desir. He should have had that pick to put the exclamation point, IMO. What a breath of fresh air - him and Kenny Moore.

Pats fans are wondering why they did not hold on to Kenny Moore. 

Are either of those two CB’s making 13+ million dollars a year because apparently, that’s what cb’s who cover number 1’s are making that kind of money. (Tampa bay cb quote). Our cb’s have been pretty good overall. Had some cracks here and there but for the money they are making, what steals. 

19 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

If he keeps playing this way, and after he had a pretty good season going last year before getting hurt, absolutely I bring him back at 9 mil, I’d be willing to go higher too.

6 minutes ago, csmopar said:

If he keeps playing this way, and after he had a pretty good season going last year before getting hurt, absolutely I bring him back at 9 mil, I’d be willing to go higher too.

I would say 8-10 million a year would be tops on him for me I wouldn't go any higher than that.

Hopkins may have been a little nicked but regardless, he did a very good job on this All-Pro WR.  Would have been nice if he had an int, I seen 2 opportunities, I know one bounced of the front of his shoulder pads so that made it difficult.  Still, good job.

I thought Desir earned his starting spot by his play last year, which was pretty good.  I didn't understand why he wasn't thought more highly of going into and during the season. I think a high draft choice on a corner is warranted, to pair with Desir, since Moore and Hairston are more suited to nickels and dimes.

48 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I thought Desir earned his starting spot by his play last year, which was pretty good.  I didn't understand why he wasn't thought more highly of going into and during the season. I think a high draft choice on a corner is warranted, to pair with Desir, since Moore and Hairston are more suited to nickels and dimes.

Hairston? When was the last time he took a defensive snap? He may not be around next year.

with our zone tampa 2 defense its hard to know how good he is its like sherman in seatle or any of their  corners look horrible away from seattle we do not play a lot of man coverage and our corners always have safety help our safeties play deep so our corners can always jump the route with the money we have i would guess we would take cheaper players