Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Still Optimistic/Unsurprised Colts Fan Roll Call

thatonefan

I said in another thread this could be similar to going for it on 4th vs texans.

Not a good look for the team based on one game, but something that will be great for the team for the rest of the year and the future.

A tough lesson learned for this young team.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, thatonefan said:

Maybe "full of ourselves" wasn't the right adjective. Lackadaisical? Trap-game candidate? I dunno

We got punched in the mouth , and the coach didn't make the right calls. It happens. 

If the Jags had a respectable QB , they'd have a much better record.

• Like 1

No way to sugarcoat it.  This was a horrible loss.  Losing to, being shut out by a demoralized team that had lost seven straight, a team QBed by Cody Kessler... losing this game in a playoff race?  You couldn't put together one drive to make the playoffs?

One of the worst losses of the Luck era.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, coltsfansince65 said:

Couldn't watch the game today. I have to think that by the final score that the defense played well. Can anyone confirm that? What upsets me is being shut out with a healthy Andrew Luck. I would like to think that should never happen no matter who we are facing.

They did their job. Still gave up some bad 3rd downs.

Bad offense showed up today

• Thanks 1

I really thought at the outset that we could 8-8 ish this year, and it looks like we will be in that neighborhood. Today aside, this has been a very entertaining team to watch, and I am not disappointed at all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rlweaver63 said:

I was at the game today so disappointing. The Jags have shut out the colts 6 straight quarters.

Reich should have kicked the field goals. this loss is on him. You think he would have learned from the Texans game.

My thoughts exactly!!!!!!!!!!

6 hours ago, #12. said:

No way to sugarcoat it.  This was a horrible loss.  Losing to, being shut out by a demoralized team that had lost seven straight, a team QBed by Cody Kessler... losing this game in a playoff race?  You couldn't put together one drive to make the playoffs?

Very reminiscent of the late Grigs era when they finished 8-8. They had a shot at the playoffs but couldn't win win big games. 

This game wasn't must-win...but it was huge. So hopefully, it's just a blip and they can finish out strong. 

20 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We will finish 9-7 IMO but probably miss the Playoffs, I am ok with it. Future is bright, kids are learning and playing Good, Luck is healthy and Great. Luck just had an unusual bad day. Peyton lost 41-0 to a Jets D that wasn't as good as the Jags D so crap happens.

I agree.  If they can pull off the upset at Houston next week, I do think they can win out.  9-7 may get a playoff spot pending how Tenn and Balt finish.  Tenn has a pretty weak schedule minus week 17.  The Ravens are at the Chiefs and at the Chargers and finish there home games against TB and Cle.  They could go 2-2 but it's possible that TB or Cle could upset them at home, they've been upset teams this year.  It'd sure be nice to win out.  Next year should be a lot of fun though.  A bunch of draft picks, a lot of free agency money and the team should build on the success they had this year. 

• Like 1

I'm still encouraged for the future, no matter how this season ends up.  I didn't expect playoffs this year though, so maybe it's more disappointing for those that did.  During this win streak, I saw a team playing well, but playing well against mostly bad teams, and most of those being at home.  It's tough to win on the road in the NFL.  Even Tom Brady is under .500 on the road in the playoffs.

But next year?  They will have another draft and a ton of money if they choose to spend it.  They can improve quickly.  Oh.....and Sunday's debacle notwithstanding, Luck is definitely back.

17 hours ago, BOTT said:

Guess I'm in the minority, but I didn't have a problem with any of Reich's 4th down calls.

If it works even one of those times, we would've likely won. It's a boom or bust philosophy. Sunday was a big-time bust, but there will be games it helps us greatly. Plus, the players seem to like it.

It will be interesting to see how a young Colts team responds to such a craptastic showing against a division rival.  

Will the coaching staff be able to rally the team together and get them focused on the Texans game?  A game that will really show their place in the AFC South?

Or will the team and coaching staff continue to deflate (One could argue this started in the 2nd half of the first JAX game.)

We shall see on Sunday.

On ‎12‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 6:16 PM, #12. said:

It was dreadful I am annoyed by that loss cause Luck destroyed that defense less than a month ago in one half and this game they didn't even try one field goal just to say they put some points on the board. Also i'm on record to say losing any game to Kessler is nothing short of pathetic I hate to burst peoples bubble on this forum but when you lose game to teams like that and a garbage QB to boot your not a playoff team and they probably screwed themselves out of any shot at catch Texans to take this division let alone get a wildcard.

I’m still very optimistic about this team, perhaps not for this year but I was on board with this teams direction even when they were 1-5 because of what we have seen in the make up of the team compared to what we watched in the pagans Era. This team has overcome some talent void areas and overachieved into a potential playoff team at least 1 season early, much like the 2012 team. With an offseason of talent infusion and scheme refinement, I can’t imagine how good this team can become. If we manage to play without getting our starters, especially the high impact players, injured, then add in some new stars into the defense, we should clean the table and look to be in the drivers seat for another 4-6 years or more. Imagine a Jacksonville type of defense on this team with one more top flight wr added to the mix. Wow.