Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Miami hopefuly is not a trap game.

horseshoecrabs

This is a game we should not over look as a sure win because of Miami's woes. At this point, the games we should be able to win are the most that worry me. I just hope that the guys are motivated to play them 60 minutes at their best At this point and on the roll we are own, every game is almost a playoff game. It will be another measuring point in our progress this season as a young team to persevere. This will speak volumes of our mind set as a young team, as a core group.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, horseshoecrabs said:

This is a game we should not over look as a sure win because of Miami's woes. At this point, the games we should be able to win are the most that worry me. I just hope that the guys are motivated to play them 60 minutes at their best At this point and on the roll we are own, every game is almost a playoff game. It will be another measuring point in our progress this season as a young team to persevere. This will speak volumes of our mind set as a young team, as a core group.

They lose to the dolphins their playoff chances are history

• Like 1

I have a hard time seeing this as a trap game.  First off the Colts are capable of losing regardless as they have their flaws and are not some juggernaut.  They can be beat without overlooking Miami.

Plus they just spent the last month getting back into contention.  It is hard for me to believe they * that away by somehow overlooking the Fins, who by the way share the same record and are in the same playoff chase. This is an opportunity to continue their momentum and put a team they are competing with in their rear view mirror.

10 point favorites and for good reason. I believe the Dolphins are rushing Tannehill back in for this game just to keep it respectable. They have to be crapping their pants coming into Indy this week knowing we could embarrass them and blow their playoff hopes to pieces. 

35-14 Colts. Tannehill is going to wish he never stepped on the field much like Mariota on Sunday. Eberflus is going to keep dialing up the pressure. Turay, Lewis, Sheard and Leonard are going to have a heyday this Sunday... and the league is going to be put on notice. I am THAT confident in the way this team is playing. 

Put that DJ back in the tunnel and let this guys run through a damn wall as they come out like they did Sunday. 

I think that the whole concept of “trap” games is a fallacy at the pro level in a league with only 16 games.  Especially so, though, when you are playing a team with a record that is equal to yours and also in knowing that any loss may very well eliminate you from the playoffs, especially when against a conference foe.  Ergo, I think the very question is silly.  

Happy U.S. Thanksgiving.  :)

• Like 3

Had this game not been flexed, the roof might have been open.  Almost 60.  Doubt they do it for a 4:25 game.  Most of the game will be played in darkness anyway, and once the sun goes down the temperature will drop.  Chance of a shower, too.

7 hours ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

10 point favorites and for good reason. I believe the Dolphins are rushing Tannehill back in for this game just to keep it respectable. They have to be crapping their pants coming into Indy this week knowing we could embarrass them and blow their playoff hopes to pieces. 

35-14 Colts. Tannehill is going to wish he never stepped on the field much like Mariota on Sunday. Eberflus is going to keep dialing up the pressure. Turay, Lewis, Sheard and Leonard are going to have a heyday this Sunday... and the league is going to be put on notice. I am THAT confident in the way this team is playing. 

Put that DJ back in the tunnel and let this guys run through a damn wall as they come out like they did Sunday. 

Line is down to 7.5 with a few 8's. 

http://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/las-vegas/

5 hours ago, braveheartcolt said:

You are definitely winning this debate, and I'm 49% sure of that.

.500 is even and that's not on the negative side soooooo if it's not negative then it's positive

5 hours ago, Luck 4 president said:

It’s actually not. Subtract the losses from the wins. Is the number positive or negative? Positive = winning. Negative = losing.  (Zero isn’t positive or negative) 

.500 is not negative....so again we're on the plus side

2 hours ago, aaron11 said:

dont think i can agree with that.  6-4 would be a winning record, 5-5 is even 

What will be 6-5 after this week? haha No way we lose this game. Sooner or later even the doubters and non believers will need to admit we were much better than some thought lmao. Colts will blow Miami out and I usually pick close games, this game will be over by halftime. 

13 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

What will be 6-5 after this week? haha No way we lose this game. Sooner or later even the doubters and non believers will need to admit we were much better than some thought lmao. Colts will blow Miami out and I usually pick close games, this game will be over by halftime. 

yeah its been a weird year, i do think low rankings were justified when they were 1-5, but that turned around quickly once the team was healthy 

any team with a healthy andrew luck cant really be 32nd though 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, aaron11 said:

yeah its been a weird year, i do think low rankings were justified when they were 1-5, but that turned around quickly once the team was healthy 

any team with a healthy andrew luck cant really be 32nd though 

Yeah when we were 1-5 I was even doubting us a bit but now it's winning time my friend. I still say 9-7, just sticking with from what I said from day 1. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dw49 said:

I figured it would go down after they named Tannehill the starter. Again, they are grasping at staws to try to keep this game competitive. We were what, 2 point favorites last week?? I like our odds of covering and hitting the over. 

1 hour ago, VaAllDay757 said:

.500 is even and that's not on the negative side soooooo if it's not negative then it's positive

It’s not positive haha. Do you win if the score ends 30-30? No it’s a draw. And a 5-5 record is neither a winning or losing record. It’s neutral. 

8 hours ago, VaAllDay757 said:

Jethrow  Bodine gozinta-type accounting...   5 gozinta 5 once., huh?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, dw49 said:

That's interesting. I never liked that line, to be honest. The Colts are beatable, we lost to the Jets earlier this season. And we have a documented history of making Osweiler look like a quality starter. I know the Dolphins are a mess, but having the Colts -10 against anyone this season seems out of whack. I believe the Patriots were -10 against us earlier this season, when we were 1-4 and missing our best receiver and best defensive player. 

It's kind of predictable that the line would move, and I'm not sure that's entirely due to Tannehill being named the starter. I wonder if it will come down another point over the next couple days.

• Like 1