Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Miami hopefuly is not a trap game.

horseshoecrabs

6 hours ago, Superman said:

That's interesting. I never liked that line, to be honest. The Colts are beatable, we lost to the Jets earlier this season. And we have a documented history of making Osweiler look like a quality starter. I know the Dolphins are a mess, but having the Colts -10 against anyone this season seems out of whack. I believe the Patriots were -10 against us earlier this season, when we were 1-4 and missing our best receiver and best defensive player. 

It's kind of predictable that the line would move, and I'm not sure that's entirely due to Tannehill being named the starter. I wonder if it will come down another point over the next couple days.

Looks like the vegas books are now using 8 and the online sites 7.5. So a little stronger than yesterday as there were more 7.5 yesterday. But yeah .. 10 is high as you say. I think they are thinking the Colts are scoring a lot of points lately and maybe that "bloats" the line a bit.

On ‎11‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 9:59 PM, horseshoecrabs said:

This is a game we should not over look as a sure win because of Miami's woes. At this point, the games we should be able to win are the most that worry me. I just hope that the guys are motivated to play them 60 minutes at their best At this point and on the roll we are own, every game is almost a playoff game. It will be another measuring point in our progress this season as a young team to persevere. This will speak volumes of our mind set as a young team, as a core group.

I dont see any chance we overlook Miami,. a team we need the tie-breaker against to make the post-season..

I don't know who we would be looking ahead to

• Like 1

J E T S, JETS!JETS!JETS!  The last time I thought Victory was Imenent, we lost to the lowly JETS so yes this game scares me.  How will this team respond to having some success & national media jumping on our bandwagon?  Let’s hope they play with what got them here, All heart from being the underdog & a desire to be great!  We shall see!

Just now, horseshoecrabs said:

For you Einstein's,  Trap game  should be a figure of speech not drowning in semantics like some egg head  Spock  inspired  perspicacity. It just means stay  the course and don't let up! And if you read anymore into it, may I suggest  curb your suggestions to the  ancient aliens channel on a cable channel   

For me , it's unwise to look past any team at this stage of our development. I'm cautiously optimistic as always , but not supremely confident. 

I don't think we're good enough to act supremely confident. Luckily, it doesn't really matter how we think as fans , and being overly confident doesn't really have any consequences. 

For me, the Colts have no right to be acting as if the Dolphins are merely a road block - and they won't- so that's the important thing. The team needs to remain measured and humble , and fans can do whatever they want.

• Like 1

On 11/22/2018 at 5:10 AM, braveheartcolt said:

No such thing as a trap game. Nonsense really. It's like your wife having a 'trap' birthday. Like, it's her 37th and you don't bother with a present. Wooooosh. Doghouse here I come. Etc.

On 11/22/2018 at 5:22 PM, rockywoj said:

I think that the whole concept of “trap” games is a fallacy at the pro level in a league with only 16 games.  Especially so, though, when you are playing a team with a record that is equal to yours and also in knowing that any loss may very well eliminate you from the playoffs, especially when against a conference foe.  Ergo, I think the very question is silly.  

Happy U.S. Thanksgiving.  :)

While I do not discount the psychological factor affecting players/games at times in the NFL, I agree with the above.  I remember seeing a study on 'trap' games and 'letdown' games ... where is it ...  oh, here-

https://harvardsportsanalysis.wordpress.com/2012/11/22/debunking-the-trap-game-and-letdown-game-myths/

Basically says trap and letdown games aren't real.  But I think we create them because sometimes good teams do lose to teams they should have defeated.  Which begs the question, was the Jets game earlier this year a 'trap' game for the Colts?  ;-)

Every week is  a meeting for game plan install for the upcoming opponent, then practice what was installed.  The focus is to learn that weeks sets of plays (designed to attack the opponents based upon scouting reports), and practice them for game day.  No time to think about the game more than a week away.

This is not a trap game.  It is yet another contest of who had the better plan and could focus and execute it better.

• Thanks 1

Just now, ColtsBlueFL said:

While I do not discount the psychological factor affecting players/games at times in the NFL, I agree with the above.  I remember seeing a study on 'trap' games and 'letdown' games ... where is it ...  oh, here-

https://harvardsportsanalysis.wordpress.com/2012/11/22/debunking-the-trap-game-and-letdown-game-myths/

Basically says trap and letdown games aren't real.  But I think we create them because sometimes good teams do lose to teams they should have defeated.  Which begs the question, was the Jets game earlier this year a 'trap' game for the Colts?  ;-)

Every week is  a meeting for game plan install for the upcoming opponent, then practice what was installed.  The focus is to learn that weeks sets of plays (designed to attack the opponents based upon scouting reports), and practice them for game day.  No time to think about the game more than a week away.

This is not a trap game.  It is yet another contest of who had the better plan and could focus and execute it better.

the jets were actually favored over the colts in vegas though most people here thought we would win

2 minutes ago, VaAllDay757 said:

Nobody calls it a tied record what dont you get? Lol

Literally nobody agrees with you lol. Its called an even record. Are wins more than losses? No, so it’s not a winning record. Are losses more than wins? No, so it’s not a losing record. Therefore it’s an “even record” look it up lol.

39 minutes ago, Luck 4 president said:

Literally nobody agrees with you lol. Its called an even record. Are wins more than losses? No, so it’s not a winning record. Are losses more than wins? No, so it’s not a losing record. Therefore it’s an “even record” look it up lol.

They don't have to agree with me I know what I'm talking about....when they talk about team records they don't call it tied records it's a winning record anything below 500 is losing it's that simple

5 minutes ago, VaAllDay757 said:

They don't have to agree with me I know what I'm talking about....when they talk about team records they don't call it tied records it's a winning record anything below 500 is losing it's that simple

...those who dance are considered insane by those that can't hear the music. Or something like that. 

Whatever is going up there in that head of yours is no one else's business.

31 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

...those who dance are considered insane by those that can't hear the music. Or something like that. 

Whatever is going up there in that head of yours is no one else's business.

Nothing going on but brain work....stop trying sound smart and maybe you'll know what you trying to say

I don’t be think this was a trap game.  Miami was in the same spot as the Colts coming into this game so not surprising to see a close game.  

Colts did not play well for most of the game but in the fourth quarter they were the better team.  Refreshing to see after the last year and half.

Now on to Jacksonville to play a reeling jags team before a huge game in Houston.  The Jags game could be a trap game.

I said it would be easy and was wrong...

But I also said I was highly confident in the way this team is playing, and they clawed their way back to win tonight. All streaks either come to an end (like the sack streak did tonight) or find ugly ways to continue (like Andrew's 3 TD's and these boys' 5 game winning streak)... KEEP IT ROLLIN.