Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Carson Wentz Cleared for Eagles vs Colts

RollerColt

2 minutes ago, AZColt11 said:

Could Reich be the X-factor for this game?  Not only does he know how to attack the Eagles' defense, he can likely provide Eberflus with some ammo on how to slow down the Eagles offense.  Sure, they have likely changed a few things since Reich left, but I highly doubt the offensive philosophy is that different.  I would bet the Colts know more about the Eagles than the other way around.

Coming into this week's game against Washington, I thought that it would help having Eberflus as the DC, because he had experience facing Washington regularly, while he was with Dallas. I think the same applies this week, too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dodsworth said:

The Eagles aren't the same team that won it all last year. They are ranked 24th in ypg

and our defense is ranked 9th in ypg. Our defense is currently in the top 33 percentile

in the league. 

you realize that is with Foles at QB not Wentz Entirely different offense. 

8 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Foles won the Super bowl last season. The Eagles struggling early tells me

that they aren't the same team as last year. Wentz will be rusty and make

mistakes in his first game back.

7 minutes ago, dodsworth said:

Foles won the Super bowl last season. The Eagles struggling early tells me

that they aren't the same team as last year. Wentz will be rusty and make

mistakes in his first game back.

Foles miracle playoff run is just that, a miracle. Everyone can see the obvious flaws of Foles which is why no team was willing to trade for him

32 minutes ago, AZColt11 said:

Could Reich be the X-factor for this game?  Not only does he know how to attack the Eagles' defense, he can likely provide Eberflus with some ammo on how to slow down the Eagles offense.  Sure, they have likely changed a few things since Reich left, but I highly doubt the offensive philosophy is that different.  I would bet the Colts know more about the Eagles than the other way around.

Definitely. It's too early to say such things, but after watching the 2 games that Philly played, and watching the 2 Colts games, my impression is that maybe Reich's (and DeFilippos) influence on last year's Philly offense was larger than most people assumed.  Imo, it isn't just Foles being his old meh himself again. I think the the game planning, playcalling & adjustments were all kinda suspect so far for the Eagles.

However, that Eagles team is still LOADED. Especially at the trenches. Elite oline, elite dline, elite passrush, and decent quality and depth everywhere else. And Wentz is LEGIT. No matter how great Watson looked last year and how great Mahomes looks now, I think Wentz is the closest thing to the healthy, 100% Luck at the moment out of these young QB-s.

So, we will see. I personally, put an "L" on this game, because that is the realistic outcome. But if the Colts can somehow pull this off, it will be even more exciting.

51 minutes ago, CamMo said:

It takes one W and our fanbase gets all the way gassed up haha  

Hoping for a good game. I haven’t really watched Wentz play. 

It wasn't necessarily the W, but more of how we came into the W. No one gave this young defense a shot this year, and they looked dang good yesterday. If they can build on that confidence, and keep fixing their mistakes... they are going to be a better defense than us Indy fans are accustomed to watching week in and out. 

4 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

They didn't try to trade him.  I'm sure teams inquired about him

Inquired sure, but the eagles weren't gonna accept anything less then a first and that was never gonna happen. They even turned down a second round pick.

29 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Foles miracle playoff run is just that, a miracle. Everyone can see the obvious flaws of Foles which is why no team was willing to trade for him

According to NFL sources, more than 5 teams offered a trade for Foles during the offseason. But Philly wanted to keep him, because the Wentz injury.

30 minutes ago, CR91 said:

the Browns tried to trade for Foles, but Foles didn't want to be traded to Cleveland so Philly turned down the offer.

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/the700level/eagles-wise-reject-nick-foles-trade-offer-now

50 minutes ago, CR91 said:

I agree but it’s also Wentz first game back from a torn ACL while missing a lot of his top targets. If our D plays like it did yesterday then we have a chance. Luck was pretty bad yesterday and we still dominated that game. Get the defense playing like it did yesterday and get Luck going and we have a chance. I’m also probably higher on this Colts team than most, FWIW.

1 minute ago, CR91 said:

1 minute ago, CR91 said:

Inquired sure, but the eagles weren't gonna accept anything less then a first and that was never gonna happen. They even turned down a second round pick.

So, is he bad that no team is was willing to trade for him, or was he worth a more than a 2nd round pick which Philly turned down?

6 minutes ago, Peterk2011 said:

So, is he bad that no team is was willing to trade for him, or was he worth a more than a 2nd round pick which Philly turned down?

I honestly think its just the browns being the browns. Foles is not worth a 2nd and for sure not worth a first. If the eagles truly believed Wentz would be ready for the opener, they would have taken that deal in a heartbeat because its highway robbery

2 hours ago, DiogoZ said:

He'll probably be a little rusty, and if out defense plays like they did vs Redskins, I can see us winning.

Of course, our offense needs to play well too. Here's hoping that Luck makes less mistakes as the season goes on

I'm not convinced Luck will ever reduce his INTs. Like his coaches and players say he is super competitive and does not understand getting rid of the ball or going down as much as he should.  Ironically, just now on the NFL Network it was said Wentz's response to doing the same was the same as Lucks, "I'm just not that type of player."  Funny until they get hurt.

8 minutes ago, King Colt said:
2 hours ago, DiogoZ said:

goes on

I'm not convinced Luck will ever reduce his INTs

I disagree with that.  He's never had any kind of real team around him.  If you play quality team football, he will be effecient.

The first two games of 2018?  I'm not going to read much into the INTs he's thrown through two games.  Remember, he missed a season.  After sitting out a season, who would have predicted him playing as well as he has?  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CR91 said:

I think we're getting ahead of ourselves. They beat an aging Alex Smith led offense with a 33 year old RB and no weapons on the outside who were over their heads confident after beating a bad cardinals team that just got shut out. Dont get me wrong, I thought our defense played great, but their not a finished product by any means

I was at the game yesterday and saw a pretty good performance against what was supposed to be two superior opposing lines. The Colts handled them both, especially in run defense. 

The Eagles have lost depth on the Dline and Jason Peters may be hurt. They are depleted at WR and I think they lost some creativity on offense when Reich left. 

Darby is fast but has trouble with big receivers. And Jalen Mills bites on double moves and has trouble against small, quick receivers.

I agree the Colts have to play well but this game is going to be closer than most national pundits and fans would have thought when the schedules came out. Winning is infectious and builds confidence.

Our biggest concern (after Lucks health), the Oline, has heald their own against two pretty good Dlines.

I like the Colts chances this week. Things have changed since Summer.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, coltsfeva said:

I was at the game yesterday and saw a pretty good performance against what was supposed to be two superior opposing lines. The Colts handled them both, especially in run defense. 

The Eagles have lost depth on the Dline and Jason Peters may be hurt. They are depleted at WR and I think they lost some creativity on offense when Reich left. 

Darby is fast but has trouble with big receivers. And Jalen Mills bites on double moves and has trouble against small, quick receivers.

I agree the Colts have to play well but this game is going to be closer than most national pundits and fans would have thought when the schedules came out. Winning is infectious and builds confidence.

Our biggest concern (after Lucks health), the Oline, has heald their own against two pretty good Dlines.

I like the Colts chances this week. Things have changed since Summer.

This was more referring to rather I should start Wentz in fantasy. I do think the colts can win

I think it's great that Wentz has made it back(says a lot about his rehab and dedication), but I am a bit nervous for him.  Torn LCL and ACL in week 16 of last year and back already?  That's roughly only 9 months.  I am no doctor but I figured he'd practice at least a week or two before being completely cleared to play in a game.  I read an article a few weeks ago stating that if he comes back to early there is more of a chance for him to re-rupture his LCL or ACL.  I hope he'll end up being fine.  I hope the Colts can go in there and get a win Sunday!  It'll be tough but not impossible. 

12 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

I think it's great that Wentz has made it back(says a lot about his rehab and dedication), but I am a bit nervous for him.  Torn LCL and ACL in week 16 of last year and back already?  That's roughly only 9 months.  I am no doctor but I figured he'd practice at least a week or two before being completely cleared to play in a game.  I read an article a few weeks ago stating that if he comes back to early there is more of a chance for him to re-rupture his LCL or ACL.  I hope he'll end up being fine.  I hope the Colts can go in there and get a win Sunday!  It'll be tough but not impossible. 

Quincy Wilson had a similar rehab timing - he torn his ACL in october, and was cleared to play in mid august -, and he is a safety. I think, no matter how important is winning for the Eagles, they wouldn't risk their QB-s future to rush him back.

It's still a risk though, but if he is ready indeed, there is no point to wait.

3 hours ago, Flash7 said:

Coming into this week's game against Washington, I thought that it would help having Eberflus as the DC, because he had experience facing Washington regularly, while he was with Dallas. I think the same applies this week, too.

Absolutely.  And Reich knew how to attack their D from his Philly days.  Good year to play the NCF East, no?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, coltsfeva said:

I have a good feeling about this game for several reasons:

Wentz’s first game back

Wallace out. Jeffery is week to week.

Frank’s familiarity with Eagles

Ajayi tweeked his ankle

Jason Peters sore quad

Eagles are going to rely on run game and short passes to TEs and RBs. They are probably more limited than they have been in a while.

The Colts are playing better and building confidence.

Their Oline and Dline played great.

Hopefully getting Castonzo and/or Good back.

I would not be surprised if the Colts win this game.

You forgot to add : They've looked pedestrian so far this year because we have their OC calling our shots now.

Forget mahomes 6 Td yesterday, Wentz is back.. you know... Messias, the new next Goat... the ginger kid with the machine gun arm.

We need a miracle to win this game, because Wents is the best QB in the NFL... oh my... we are doomed.

R

E

L

A

X

We god a better QB than the Eagles ever had... okay, they have a Super Bowl MVP QB, but Foles isn't better than his last game. And hes an avarage NFL QB

Their defence is not the same as last seasons super bowl champs, as they topped back in January, not in the SB.

I assume its going to be a close game, but in the end, Luck will have the ball with 4 points down in the 4th quarter, with 1,59 left on the clock, and make another 4th quarter comeback.

and guess what... Doyle will catch and keep the ball this time, so Luck can sneak it in to the end zone or throw it to Ebron for the game winner.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lawrence Owen said:

You forgot to add : They've looked pedestrian so far this year because we have their OC calling our shots now.

True and a kind of forgotten conclusion so far this season. Colts offense has looked very creative and works with the pieces that it has available meanwhile Philly's offense has been very stagnant at times to start the year (granted with a number of injuries).

Luck is better than Wentz IMO no matter what happens Sunday. Wentz was great last year but should be rusty on Sunday. Off topic but Luck is better than Russell Wilson as well. Give Luck Philly's D or what Wilson had (Defense and Lynch) when he went to the SB in 2013 and 2014 and Luck would already have a ring, maybe 2. Wilson isn't doing jack now. Foles won the SB with Philly's surroundings LOL, Wentz has a great team around him. Ballard is working on getting us that Defense, Leonard looks like a huge hit! 

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Luck is better than Wentz IMO no matter what happens Sunday. Wentz was great last year but should be rusty on Sunday. Off topic but Luck is better than Russell Wilson as well. Give Luck Philly's D or what Wilson had (Defense and Lynch) when he went to the SB in 2013 and 2014 and Luck would already have a ring, maybe 2. Wilson isn't doing jack now. Foles won the SB with Philly's surroundings LOL, Wentz has a great team around him. Ballard is working on getting us that Defense, Leonard looks like a huge hit! 

I don't think Luck is going to be carrying the team as much anymore. He could have easily won that Cincy game but looks like he is holding back big time. I don't want Luck to take another hit like the Shawn Williams one.....

• Like 1