Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Carson Wentz Cleared for Eagles vs Colts

RollerColt

5 minutes ago, Alex22 said:

I don't think Luck is going to be carrying the team as much anymore. He could have easily won that Cincy game but looks like he is holding back big time. I don't want Luck to take another hit like the Shawn Williams one.....

That Williams hit was scary, you could hear it. How Luck wasn't concussed on that is a miracle. 

13 hours ago, coltsfeva said:

I have a good feeling about this game for several reasons:

Wentz’s first game back

Wallace out. Jeffery is week to week.

Frank’s familiarity with Eagles

Ajayi tweeked his ankle

Jason Peters sore quad

Eagles are going to rely on run game and short passes to TEs and RBs. They are probably more limited than they have been in a while.

The Colts are playing better and building confidence.

Their Oline and Dline played great.

Hopefully getting Castonzo and/or Good back.

I would not be surprised if the Colts win this game.

I agree.

my only real concern is that Washington is worse than people think and it scewed our last game (in our minds).

they beat up on an obviously bad Arizona team.

we performed well against a tough Bengals team too.

However, my eyes tell me there is reason to be excited about this defense.

I cant wait to see this team fly around about week 10 or 12.

Hopefully OL has developed along with this D.

The playcalling and overall game management has improved dramatically.  Especially our 3rd down improvement.

17 hours ago, King Colt said:

I'm not convinced Luck will ever reduce his INTs. Like his coaches and players say he is super competitive and does not understand getting rid of the ball or going down as much as he should.  Ironically, just now on the NFL Network it was said Wentz's response to doing the same was the same as Lucks, "I'm just not that type of player."  Funny until they get hurt.

Actually I think that at some point he'll understand that he needs to get rid of the football. When, well, that's another story  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, King Colt said:

I'm not convinced Luck will ever reduce his INTs. Like his coaches and players say he is super competitive and does not understand getting rid of the ball or going down as much as he should.  Ironically, just now on the NFL Network it was said Wentz's response to doing the same was the same as Lucks, "I'm just not that type of player."  Funny until they get hurt.

Actually I think that at some point he'll understand that he needs to get rid of the football. When, well, that's another story  

11 minutes ago, DiogoZ said:

But he is not a rookie and so if it is a matter of time how much time will it take? Remember Luck is known for being very intelligent. I'm convinced the devil lies in his obsession for winning and who would want to remove that? He has openly admitted to this issue so hopefully he is working on it. 

• Like 1

I'm ready for the challenge! Earlier I predicted us to lose to Philly but this game could turn out similar to the Philly game we played years ago in 2002 when McNabb and company were heavily favored to beat a young Colts team. We went up there and kicked their behinds the whole afternoon. Their offense and defense was loaded then too. Can't wait till sunday!

3 minutes ago, Mitch Connors said:

It's way too early to call Wentz great...unless Nick Foles is great too (and/or greater than Wentz). 

Those are year 2 stats for both. Which one is better? Which one is Wentz?

image.png.f0bf2c574783d50c52caaa30df3ac378.png

Player 1; 13 games, 64% completion, 222 yards per game, 27 TDs, 2 INT, 119 rating

Player 2; 13 games, 60% completion, 253 yards per game, 33 TDs, 7 INT, 101 rating.

(image is super small for some reason)

4 hours ago, King Colt said:

But he is not a rookie and so if it is a matter of time how much time will it take? Remember Luck is known for being very intelligent. I'm convinced the devil lies in his obsession for winning and who would want to remove that? He has openly admitted to this issue so hopefully he is working on it. 

This is a fair point...however, remember that this is the first year Luck has not been in an Air Coryell offense (in the NFL).  Arians, Pep and Chud all ran versions of Air Coryell which emphasizes plays downfield.  Reich is running a very, very different type of offense so this may be the first real time that a HC or OC has really started to emphasize to Luck the importance of shorter completions.  

5 hours ago, Mitch Connors said:

Player 1; 13 games, 64% completion, 222 yards per game, 27 TDs, 2 INT, 119 rating

Player 2; 13 games, 60% completion, 253 yards per game, 33 TDs, 7 INT, 101 rating.

(image is super small for some reason)

Player 1 Foles, player 2 Wentz.  Just a guess though?  Your right, not much different regardless.  It did seem like their offense was really rolling with a healthy Wentz last year.  Foles did a great job filling in. 

• Like 1