Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck looked like crap tonight

GusFring

I expected him to look rusty and be nervous, leading to poor play. That's what we got. It's alright, he's got to shake the rust off and get used to playing again. Growing pains....preseason...no biggy.

But he did look like crap, no other way around it. He'll get better.

• Like 2

Using B'more's defense as a reason for Luck's poor performance doesn't fly. This is the NFL.

He will be facing the Texan's defense with JJ Watt and Co. and he will face the Jaguars top rated D. 

Bottom line, he played poorly. It's the preseason and he hasn't played in forever. He's getting reacclimated and he'll get better.

Luck hasn't thrown a td in two preseason games, definitely concerning. I'm actually questioning Coach Reich a bit as I figured he'd be able to compensate on offense with Luck back and he's been unable to do so. Right now, the 1st team offense looks like garbage, and that's with Luck. It's time to sign Dez IMO. When Hilton comes back, those two would be respectable along with Luck, Doyle and Ebron.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Luck hasn't thrown a td in two preseason games, definitely concerning. I'm actually questioning Coach Reich a bit as I figured he'd be able to compensate on offense with Luck back and he's been unable to do so. Right now, the 1st team offense looks like garbage, and that's with Luck. It's time to sign Dez IMO. When Hilton comes back, those two would be respectable along with Luck, Doyle and Ebron.

All the experts keep pointing out how little talent the Colts have but we as fans dont want to believe it until we see it with our own eyes.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Not sure dez would help. A healthy Lt would. 

• Like 1

Crap? Not at all. I guess there hasn’t been much to write home about but there have been some positives. 

Sure, he hasn’t been dropping dimes 30 yards downfield but he has shown a willingness to extend the play and throw the ball into tight spaces. I do hope to see him go downfield at some point this preseason, but I also think the play calling has something to do with that. It’s clear that Reich is just trying to get him back into the swing of things.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This didn't long. That being creating a Thread like this. Guy is still rusty (hasn't played a meaningful game since Dec of 2016) and doesn't have his best WR but whatever. Have it at boys, I am staying out of this negativity Thread.

Not to mention Protection wasn't great. They have things to clean up , but way early to be starting this. OL was probably 3 brand new players two being rookies.

• Like 3

What a thread... 

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This didn't long. That being creating a Thread like this. Guy is still rusty (hasn't played a meaningful game since Dec of 2016) and doesn't have his best WR but whatever. Have it at boys, I am staying out of this negativity Thread.

Only a buffoon would start a negative thread abut Luck looking like crap. So don't let it bother you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, Flash7 said:

I expected him to look rusty and be nervous, leading to poor play. That's what we got. It's alright, he's got to shake the rust off and get used to playing again. Growing pains....preseason...no biggy.

But he did look like crap, no other way around it. He'll get better.

He said before that they had a lot of work to do to get to there finished product. 

He was holding the ball too long tonight.  To me this speaks about his WRs than it does about him because no one is open.  I mean have we even heard Grants name yet?  The one play I will put on him was the INT he should have thrown that away and not tried to force it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

He was holding the ball too long tonight.  To me this speaks about his WRs than it does about him because no one is open.  I mean have we even heard Grants name yet?  The one play I will put on him was the INT he should have thrown that away and not tried to force it.

Only time they mention Grant was on his dropped pass. He has been invisible the past two games. Maybe we have a new "Ghost" in our receiving core.

3 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Dez probably won’t happen, not with Ballard’s philosophy and his locker room issues. That’s a lot of distraction from one person. 

No denying what We saw tonight. He didn't look confident, and held the ball too long, which he's done a lot, and didn't do as good as we'd all hoped.

It's been a long while since he's played and I am hopeful that things will improve.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

It's the second preseason game.   My goodness,  the panic in this forum is hilarious.   Dez isn't coming here.   Luck is rusty.  It's a new offense and coaching staff.  Good Lord,   hold your mudd.   I hate to see what happens in your life when real adversity happens

People acting like Dez is the missing piece is so laughable... has everyone already forgotten about the Andre Johnson experiment?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

People acting like Dez is the missing piece is so laughable... has everyone already forgotten about the Andre Johnson experiment?

Oh yes, I forgot Dez and Andre were the same person, had the exact same DNA etc... Very poor argument.

• Like 1