Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Eric Ebron to visit Colts Sunday

1959Colts

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At least 500 yards the last 3 seasons. Still young at 24. Not the star everyone thought he'd be, but lets not act like he isn't a good player. As a number 2 TE behind Doyle, he could be productive. Also, Swoope hasn't played football in a year. If he's automatically our 2TE, that'd be pretty risky. 

7 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Under the current system at least 3 are needed

Doyle, Travis and Swoope..... Not too expensive and have amazing potential!  

Ballard says keep your own.. so lets do it. (at least with this position)

Only so much of the ball to go around... Doyle and Travis can be workhorses out there in the redzone:rock:

9 hours ago, Mr.Debonair said:

I watched Him single handily destroy my Hurricanes when he was at UNC. He still talented! I wouldn't him. 

Yea, but Al Bundy torched people when he was young, so you never know once they get to the NFL.

There’s a thread slating Ballard for not making moves and a thread slating him for for trying to bring in a 24 year old former 1st round pick. 

He has the 5th most catches for a TE aged 24 in NFL history. Averaged 4.9 yards after the catch last year, Gronk had 5.0 for comparison. Definitely better than Swope and Travis and worth kicking the tyres on.

10 hours ago, P'Son said:

We don't need this guy.  We have Swoope and others in the pipeline.

And your point? No one other than Doyle has shown us enough to believe we don't need another TE. What's wrong with bringing in another guy? Depth and competition is a beautiful thing in the NFL world. The Colts will likely keep three TE's on the 53 man roster anyway and to have Doyle, Ebron, and Swoope contributing on Sundays.

13 hours ago, P'Son said:

We don't need this guy.  We have Swoope and others in the pipeline.

Come on really?  I like the Swoope story as well and he is a hard worker and I hope he sticks with the Colts but since 2015:

Swoope - 15 catches 297 yards 1 TD  and Swoope is not much of a blocker.

Ebron  161 catches 1,822 yards 10 TDs.

And both players will be 25 when then the season starts.

I can understand not wanting Ebron because he has not lived up to his draft hype or because he's over priced for a TE but to not want someone of Ebron's caliber because of Swoope or others that are even less accomplished, that makes no sense.

12 minutes ago, Imrryr said:

There was very little above average talent in this FA from what I saw imo

thats why it hurt so much to miss on norwell and hitchens.  i would have been fine with giving both of them what they got or more 

1 minute ago, aaron11 said:

thats why it hurt so much to miss on norwell and hitchens.  i would have been fine with giving both of them what they got or more 

I understand that but fans are critiquing Ballard for not getting them when we have no idea what he did or did not do. 

6 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Come on really?  I like the Swoope story as well and he is a hard worker and I hope he sticks with the Colts but since 2015:

Swoope - 15 catches 297 yards 1 TD  and Swoope is not much of a blocker.

Ebron  161 catches 1,822 yards 10 TDs.

And both players will be 25 when then the season starts.

I can understand not wanting Ebron because he has not lived up to his draft hype or because he's over priced for a TE but to not want someone of Ebron's caliber because of Swoope or others that are even less accomplished, that makes no sense.

Exactly. Swoope had done nothing to warrant being our #2 te.

We have seen the NFL kinda change over from these blocking tight ends to pass catching TEs...Tony Gonzalez, Jimmy Graham, Jordan Reed etc. Teams don't even bother using them on the line. They just put them in the slot or on the outside against man to man and burn lbs and smaller safeties all day with their size and speed. A play maker is a play maker..I don't care what the abbreviation of his position is. Ebron has been a disappointment but he has a couple things going for him. 1. Reich has had a ton of success utilizing TEs at his last couple stops. 2. Ebron is 24/25 very young and athletic. 3. Ebron was cut and thus does not factor into compensatory pick compensation. Which I think is obvious that Ballard is taking into consideration considering the level tier of guys he has been mostly interested in and the fact we lost Gore, Mewhort, Melvin, and Moncrief we could see maybe a middle round pick after its all said and done.

9 hours ago, DarkSuperman said:

And your point? No one other than Doyle has shown us enough to believe we don't need another TE. What's wrong with bringing in another guy? Depth and competition is a beautiful thing in the NFL world. The Colts will likely keep three TE's on the 53 man roster anyway and to have Doyle, Ebron, and Swoope contributing on Sundays.

We have plenty of TEs.  No need to pay for more.

image.png.9b017864d142d4faa44a192ead2c4318.png