Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

RUMOR: Possible Important Luck Health Update....

NewColtsFan

I feel like Luck played a ton of games in 2016 he shouldn't have been playing in. The Colts did a very poor job with how they handled this entire situation. I blame Grigson for not pulling the plug on Luck in 2016, so he could get the surgery he should have had over a year ago.

Ryan Grigson doesn't care about anyone but himself. If he forced Luck to play on an injured shoulder, he quite possibly is the reason Andrew Luck's career could be over.

Grigson knew he couldn't win without Luck. When I watched Luck playback in 2016, I could tell something quite wasn't right with him. His velocity wasn't anywhere near where it should be. You could tell the kid was hurting. Shame on people like Grigson for even having him out there on the field.

I love how Chris Ballard approached this situation. I feel like Chris Ballard cares about this organization and every player inside of it. He evaluated Luck and the second something didn't go right he pulled the plug. Something Grigson failed to do.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

41 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Look in the thread...   the poster whose post I cut and pasted said NOTHING about Luck being done.    You're taking all the other posts and throwing them in with this new one.   

And the poster has already chimed in and says he's a longtime Colts fan and says he hopes his info us wrong.   That doesn't sound like a troll to me.

And I've already stated repeatedly in multiple posts that I think the post has INCOMPLETE information.   But I think there is likely some truth in there.   I just don't know what it is.   So I'm not falling for anything hook, line and sinker.   I just think there is likely some truth on the post and we should be aware of it.

Really...   that's all.   Nothing more to read into than that.

I can see it going either way with Luck. 

As far as the "Nagy blood flow rumor"... I can see how it easily could have been distorted. 

Blood Flow Restriction (BFR) Therapy is also a newer sports medicine training/and recovery method. If Luck is currently (or previously) undergoing this therapy it could have easily been changed to the "Luck has restricted blood flow in his shoulder" rumor. 

http://www.elitepttc.com/tag/shoulder-physical-therapy/

I am sure there are better resources/explanations of therapy than the one I linked to (wasn't up for lengthy searches on phone). 

4 hours ago, Iron Colt said:

I've never seen a team screw up an injury like the Colts screwed this up. Unbelievable.

How did the Colts screw up this injury? Sometimes stuff isn't straight forward. It's unfortunate that things haven't worked out the way everyone hoped, but that's life. 

I have had labrum repair shoulder op on both of my shoulders (twice on my left shoulder, once on my right). Blood flow issues were never once mentioned as part of the recovery. The main things are the surrounding muscles knitting together while maintaining strength, shoulder security and range of motion.

My thing is this. The poster information could be correct. Who knows anymore! But by the look of Luck's arms in the press conference you could see muscle mass returning. If there is a blood flow problem, that would be virtually impossible.  He has obviously been working his arms and shoulders. 

38 minutes ago, AntonMcG said:

I have had labrum repair shoulder op on both of my shoulders (twice on my left shoulder, once on my right). Blood flow issues were never once mentioned as part of the recovery. The main things are the surrounding muscles knitting together while maintaining strength, shoulder security and range of motion.

Can you play QB?

With that terrible attempt at humor out of the way, thanks for taking the time to share that info.  Pretty impressive that you were able to tough it out through all of those rehabs.  One is hard enough.  But 3?  Well done man.

Tore my labrum (partial) my FR year playing college baseball.  It's not fun to throw after that.

2 minutes ago, zibby43 said:

Can you play QB?

With that terrible attempt at humor out of the way, thanks for taking the time to share that info.  Pretty impressive that you were able to tough it out through all of those rehabs.  One is hard enough.  But 3?  Well done man.

Tore my labrum (partial) my FR year playing college baseball.  It's not fun to throw after that.

No, not fun. I never got the security nor range of motion back in either shoulder. Luck's rehab will be much more comprehensive of course.

5 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

As you know, when you're a new member,  you can't start a thread for five days.     Well,   there's a new member here, and he posted some possible interesting news on Luck,  but it's inside a thread,  and no one has responded to it.     I'm guessing because the poster is new and so no one knows what to make of it.

The news is NOT good and I thought it important enough to be worthy of starting it's own thread.      If the Mods disagree,  so be it.     But I wanted to put this out there for as many people to see as possible.       You decide what you think it's worth.

I'm cutting and pasting the post....

Take this for what its worth.  Was hoping to making this a topic on the forum.  I have a buddy that knows someone that works in the chiefs organization.  He has heard that Nagy said that he went to chicago because he was told that lucks shoulder still has no blood flow.  I guess bo jackson never got his blood flow back which obviously lead to retirement.   Hope this is false but my buddy is a pretty honest dude.  And he def has a friend that works in the chiefs organization.  I am also not saying that nagy was offered the position.  

My read of this is as follows.....     Even if true,  this is very likely only part of the story.    That there's far more to this story than is here.     I'm trying not to get too worked up about it.     When the new coach is hired there will be ample opportunity for the media to pepper Ballard with questions about Luck and whether this rumor is indeed true.

•  

While I believe this is completely and utterly false.  I’d like to point out that the “report” Nagy was our guy has been said to be false by everyone but the Chicago media so their fans can feel better about their up.  No offer was ever made and he was a candidate.

6 hours ago, Superman said:

Why is everyone so insistent on blaming the Colts for the way Luck's recovery has gone? 

I wouldn't blame the team for Luck's failure to recover.

But I do hold them accountable for things like....having him play hurt, not saying anything about it when he was, not investing in better OL protection and letting him get even more beat up, and giving fans false hope by repeatedly saying "He'll be back shortly...maybe even Week 1" when the reality is far more uncertain.

I'll take this opportunity to repeat again that an experienced orthopedic surgeon I know said before the season started that Luck probably wouldn't play this year and, if he didn't, his chances of ever returning at all were slim.

So far, he's been right.

1 hour ago, Coltsfanforlife12 said:

I’d also like to point out that while everyone believes we were lied to about Luck shoulder that was mainly Irsay.  Ballard strikes me a s a straight shooter and has said multiple times that he’s never heard career ending with this injury.

You say "that was mainly Irsay" as if you're talking about an assistant equipment manager...not the team's owner.

I think there is a very real possibility that the Bears said this “rumor” to Nagy in an effort to influence him to choose them over us.  Could very well be a “come coach Mitch because we’re hearing rumors that Luck has no blood flow in his shoulder and is likely to retire.”  Nagy takes that info & repeats it to a friend in KC as the reason he chose the Bears over us.

Let’s say this rumor is true, I can very easily see McDaniels hearing this info & getting the assurance that the Colts will be using a pick to get the QB of his choosing and it doesn’t have to be a top pick.  Brady nor Jimmy G were top 10 picks.  I can easily see us trading down & still getting a Mayfield or Josh Allen or another diamond in the rough.  Plus he’s got Brissett to bridge the gap while the youngster learns the system...  

Plus it helps to have a vet that’s not “too great” that you can build confidence by beating out for the job.  I hope it’s not true but there’s light at the end of the tunnel for us regardless. As long as we still get McDaniels. No Luck or McDaniels could be a problem. 

6 hours ago, Nesjan3 said:

I honestly think Ballard knows something about it that we don't..the way he kept saying "we will keep everything in house" during the press conference was suspicious to me. I think we will come to know draft day, i fully believe that if Ballard is not sure Luck is his guy come September that he will draft a QB high to compete with Brissett.

Other than Luck actually throwing well, I’m waiting on the draft for indications of what is going on with Luck. 

No troll here stitches.  I decided to finally become apart of this board because of the info i got.   I guess the no blood flow might be over exaggerated, to where it was probably said, if said, as restricted blood flow.  The little research i have done on bo jacksons hip was there was restrictive blood flow.  Now with all the medical terms used my brain started to hurt...lol.  im sure there was a lot more to jacksons injury then what i decided to research and wasnt the only reason why he couldnt comeback.  It seems that if jackson had his injury nowadays the chances of him being able to continue his career was greatly increased.   im curious on what this rehab guy has overseas that he doesnt have here.  

Look forward to proving im not a troll and really looking forward to discussing the future of this team.  Hoping mcdaniels can bring nate solder with him and us make a run at the panthers guard.  Move costonzo to right tackle and possibly having person go to guard and then having a healthy kelly at center.  I think if everyone stays healthy that could be a solid line.  Opens us up for being able to take barkely.  I love the way mcdaniels gets his running backs in open space.  Can really see a lethal combo of mack and barkley in his offense.  Add a HEALTHY luck and we are winning this division!

A friend of a friend isn't a credible source, this isn't even worth discussing.  If this were true it would be all over NFL/ESPN.  I'm not going to get worked up over a new member who for all we know is a Bears fan trying to ruffle feathers. Good day

7 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

As you know, when you're a new member,  you can't start a thread for five days.     Well,   there's a new member here, and he posted some possible interesting news on Luck,  but it's inside a thread,  and no one has responded to it.     I'm guessing because the poster is new and so no one knows what to make of it.

The news is NOT good and I thought it important enough to be worthy of starting it's own thread.      If the Mods disagree,  so be it.     But I wanted to put this out there for as many people to see as possible.       You decide what you think it's worth.

Take this for what its worth.  Was hoping to making this a topic on the forum.  I have a buddy that knows someone that works in the chiefs organization.  He has heard that Nagy said that he went to chicago because he was told that lucks shoulder still has no blood flow.  I guess bo jackson never got his blood flow back which obviously lead to retirement.   Hope this is false but my buddy is a pretty honest dude.  And he def has a friend that works in the chiefs organization.  I am also not saying that nagy was offered the position.  

My read of this is as follows.....     Even if true,  this is very likely only part of the story.    That there's far more to this story than is here.     I'm trying not to get too worked up about it.     When the new coach is hired there will be ample opportunity for the media to pepper Ballard with questions about Luck and whether this rumor is indeed true.

•  

No offense to the poster but it's highly unlikely that none of the inside reporters wouldn't have this information and that it's not been leaked by now.  

8 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

•  

Depending on the exact part of the shoulder that was repaired, there's naturally no blood flow to begin with......

2 hours ago, Coltsfanforlife12 said:

I’d also like to point out that while everyone believes we were lied to about Luck shoulder that was mainly Irsay.  Ballard strikes me a s a straight shooter and has said multiple times that he’s never heard career ending with this injury.

I only go by what Ballard or Luck say on this matter.  I tune Irsay out with his wishful ramblings. From that we know that Luck has been rehabbing and it has been going pretty well in Europe and right now doesn’t feel like another surgery will be needed.  However until he gets back out and starts throwing again we won’t know for sure. I get the feeling Luck will do all in his power to get back on the field as soon as possible if able to.  In the meantime, Ballard is wisely taking a wait and see approach.  

6 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Ballard isn't going to say anything like that because for one he isn't a doctor and wouldn't even know and two that wouldn't even come up in an interview.

If I was auditioning for a head coaching job with a football team, the health of the starting quarterback coming off multiple surgeries and a complete missed year would come up in the interview.  Especially if I was considering multiple offers.

Looking into Bo Jackson, this is apparently true - avascular necrosis.  Bo was of the belief it was the result of him popping his hip back into place himself.  I don't know, could it be the result of Luck playing with the injury for a year plus?

Bo Jackson was diagnosed with it within a month of the injury, however.  If this were true with Luck, I'm sure it would be known to everyone by now.

IMO, the Colts have always had Josh McDaniels at the top of their list. 

Any rumors as Nagy taking the Bears job over the Colts, and any reasons why that happened, seem suspect to me since the Colts are not going to make any job offers until McDaniels says he's unavailable.

Of course, McDaniels has no plans to go to the Colts and wants them to struggle a few more years.  So what's happening is that BB will go to the Giants, Josh will take over NE, and he's leading-on the Colts in order to get them in a position to have to accept a left over candidate.  My friend told me this.

10 minutes ago, The Fish said:

It's not inconsistent with why he'd be feeling pain still.. 

Not the best news I've seen today.

Sure it is. Depending on which part of the labrum was repaired, there is no natural blood flow.... period. And the one part of the labrum that does have blood flow, is again by human nature, very limited in blood flow. Same thing with the ACL in the knee. No blood flow. 

7 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Sure it is. Depending on which part of the labrum was repaired, there is no natural blood flow.... period. And the one part of the labrum that does have blood flow, is again by human nature, very limited in blood flow. Same thing with the ACL in the knee. No blood flow. 

IDK why this hasn't been locked yet. This all based on an unsourced rumor from a new member, pure speculation.

8 minutes ago, csmopar said:

No expert, but shoulder avascular necrosis is apparently a thing.

2 minutes ago, Everyone said:

IDK why this hasn't been locked yet. This all based on an unsourced rumor from a new member, pure speculation.

I don't know either. At least need to add UNCONFIRMED RUMOR  to the title.

that said, there was a reason no one was commenting on it in the other thread cause it has no merit