Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

RUMOR: Possible Important Luck Health Update....

NewColtsFan

12 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

If I have to explain it,  it's not worth the trouble.

The dots really aren't that hard to connect.    And I've already done so throughout this thread.

You chose not to give it any credibility.     That's your right.

There might just be some truth to what the poster had to say.    Might.

But our favorite team has a QB who is not currently healthy and it's now been one full year.     I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss things out of hand considering nothnig has gone as expected or predicted.    There's nothing for any Colts fan to feel good or confident about.     But plenty of them believe Luck simply because he said so.

Of course,  he said so throughout 2017 and he was wrong every time.      You chose to believe what you want.

For the umpteenth time,  I think we got, at best,  incomplete information from the poster.    But I'm not ready to dismiss it all because I don't have all the info I'd like.    If it's wrong -- great.     But if it's right --- that's not good.

I'm not fully dismissing it. I'm just saying I can't find anything remotely to attempt to give it any credence. Trust me, I've tried. Not even a tweet about it 

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, csmopar said:

I'm not fully dismissing it. I'm just saying I can't find anything remotely to attempt to give it any credence. Trust me, I've tried. Not even a tweet about it 

I think the rumor is nonsense as well, if it wasn't Holder and Mike Wells would be all over that. Doyel would be grinning ready to rip everyone in the organization as well.

7 hours ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

He's not willing to say it with any certainty until he sees it personally, but Holder says that from all the info that he has, he believes that Luck has begun his throwing regimen.

Either he’s throwing or not. How could his sources be so vague?

1 minute ago, deedub75 said:

Either he’s throwing or not. How could his sources be so vague?

Luck is throwing from my understanding. We got the information that he would start at the beginning of this week if I’m correct. The severity of it is in question. Could he be throwing a tennis ball or an actual football remains in question. 

Two things about that post....and while I am at it welcome to the newby whoever you are.....wherever you are...:)

Two things which make me feel a bit better about the Luck situation in general

The Bo Jackson blood flow retirement thing (well that was a long time ago), I would like to think medicine has progressed in dealing with this just like how medicine has progressed with ACL repair/recovery.

The second point, I was encouraged by seeing Andrew Luck at the end of the season, he was looking more like his old self musculature wise in his upper body, I would think blood flow would preclude or at the very least making building muscle mass difficult if not impossible.

It might be a bit true that maybe that WAS an issue and why he took a trip across the pond to "overcome" that impediment in Europe.

18 hours ago, a06cc said:

Luck is throwing from my understanding. We got the information that he would start at the beginning of this week if I’m correct. The severity of it is in question. Could he be throwing a tennis ball or an actual football remains in question. 

If he is, I will expect he will start from phase 1 of an interval throwing program, possibly like one below...

https://www.visittoc.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/CANTRELL_Interval_Throwing_Football.pdf

and will be developed slowly and monitored closely.  How much information regardinig such can be sent to the team once the off season begins... I haven't looked into (CBA items?) it.

5 hours ago, crunked said:

Two things about that post....and while I am at it welcome to the newby whoever you are.....wherever you are...:)

Two things which make me feel a bit better about the Luck situation in general

The Bo Jackson blood flow retirement thing (well that was a long time ago), I would like to think medicine has progressed in dealing with this just like how medicine has progressed with ACL repair/recovery.

The second point, I was encouraged by seeing Andrew Luck at the end of the season, he was looking more like his old self musculature wise in his upper body, I would think blood flow would preclude or at the very least making building muscle mass difficult if not impossible.

It might be a bit true that maybe that WAS an issue and why he took a trip across the pond to "overcome" that impediment in Europe.

Folks here can help themselves if they sowish.  This is a long term item issue and is not cut and dried, as evidenced by circumstances this past year.

Granted, these articles I have picked out are certainly not going to be for everyone, but for those that want to learn all about the malady of Andrew Luck's shoulder (if you can find some time) can read any/all of these articles below, rather than rely solely on the relayed information from non-medical football / personnel, media, and the blogging rumor mill.

(warning, intense)
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3811737/

another article is below-
https://journals.humankinetics.com/journal/jsr

an easier read (but I avoid the 'commercials for product inseerts') is below
http://www.aidmyrotatorcuff.com/shoulder-glenohumeral-joint-injury/slap-tear-superior-labrum-anterior-to-posterior-tear.php

and a recent study of blood supply to the shoulder (glenoid) labrum is here-
http://journals.sagepub.com/eprint/DDRxrDyZdfzbIBdWCJgD/full

Now I took this as in comparison to other fibrocartilaginous structures, not muscles and other tissues.

It was previously demonstrated that the labrum is only vascular in its outer third and appears to obtain its blood supply from the periphery rather than the underlying bone.  The superior (top) and anterosuperior (upper frontal) regions being less vascular than the inferior(bottom) and posterior (behind) regions.  The suprascapular artery, circumflex scapular branch of the subscapular artery and the posterior circumflex humeral artery all contribute to the blood supply of the labrum (**Cooper et al. 1992).    

These are just a few articles and looking through some/all of them may give the inquisitive folks visiting here a somewhat better insight on deciphering what rumors may hold a higher degree of feasibility to those that are lower on the possibility chart.  In addition, demonstrate some therapy treatments that are commonly utilized in the recovery/rehab phases.

I personally am awaiting any information concerning (any of) -

his progress in a throwing program
reports of/from a Magnetic Resonance Arthrogram
any potential reports of an Arthroscopy being performed.

Until then, or something even more definitive, I'm not getting worked up about it.