Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

RUMOR: Possible Important Luck Health Update....

NewColtsFan

12 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

But... how could he have no blood flow in his throwing shoulder, yet be throwing at the same time? 

because my friend who is a chief's fan but is friends with a guy, who is friends with another guy who's wife is a waitress at St Elmo's who talked to the wife of a friend who is the neighbor to the doctor who went to school with the doctor who actually does shoulder surgeries says so

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, csmopar said:

because my friend who is a chief's fan but is friends with a guy, who is friends with another guy who's wife is a waitress at St Elmo's who talked to the wife of a friend who is the neighbor to the doctor who went to school with the doctor who actually does shoulder surgeries says so

Total & complete hearsay. There have been zero reports from local or national media alluding to a bloodflow issue, & Holder seems to get the impression that Luck has indeed begun his throwing regimen, something I’m certain he wouldn’t just fabricate. 

3 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Total & complete hearsay. There have been zero reports from local or national media alluding to a bloodflow issue, & Holder seems to get the impression that Luck has indeed begun his throwing regimen, something I’m certain he wouldn’t just fabricate. 

Dude, he was being sarcastic..

18 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

See below.... I'm mocking the post that said such.........

14 minutes ago, Restored said:

Dude, he was being sarcastic..

55 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Of course it's hearsay....

But it didn't come from Joe's Tavern on the local corner.

It came from INSIDE the Chiefs compound.      And we interviewed Matt Nagy.

The fact that there are zero reports means nothing.     Haven't we all seen the tweets with the local Indy media marveling that the Colts under Ballard DO NOT LEAK?!?     The media is impressed that they can't get any info out of the Colts HQ.

I don't think the info about zero blood flow is accurate.    But I think it's possible that Luck has a blood flow problem or issue.     I wouldn't rule that out.    Given how terrible Luck's return to form has gone I'm stunned at how many people in this thread so casucally dismiss and mock the initial report.    Denial is not just a river in Egypt.

And you're going to have to link whatever you saw ab out Holder and Luck already throwing.    That has not been posted anywhere that I've seen.     By the way,  today, the 18th,  I think is the one year anniversary of Luck's surgery.

4 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Of course it's hearsay....

But it didn't come from Joe's Tavern on the local corner.

It came from INSIDE the Chiefs compound.      And we interviewed Matt Nagy.

The fact that there are zero reports means nothing.     Haven't we all seen the tweets with the local Indy media marveling that the Colts under Ballard DO NOT LEAK?!?     The media is impressed that they can't get any info out of the Colts HQ.

I don't think the info about zero blood flow is accurate.    But I think it's possible that Luck has a blood flow problem or issue.     I wouldn't rule that out.    Given how terrible Luck's return to form has gone I'm stunned at how many people in this thread so casucally dismiss and mock the initial report.    Denial is not just a river in Egypt.

And you're going to have to link whatever you saw ab out Holder and Luck already throwing.    That has not been posted anywhere that I've seen.     By the way,  today, the 18th,  I think is the one year anniversary of Luck's surgery.

The guy said it was on KC radio which I pointed out in another thread. If true that would have been picked up immediately.

7 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

He's not willing to say it with any certainty until he sees it personally, but Holder says that from all the info that he has, he believes that Luck has begun his throwing regimen.

7 minutes ago, hoosierhawk said:

The guy said it was on KC radio which I pointed out in another thread. If true that would have been picked up immediately.

7 minutes ago, hoosierhawk said:

I don't know who "the guy" is?     The guy whose rumor I started this thread with?     He said it was on KC radio?

Or are we talking about someone else?

Also.....    not all local radio chatter gets picked up nationally.

4 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I don't know who "the guy" is?     The guy whose rumor I started this thread with?     He said it was on KC radio?

"Take this for what its worth.  Was hoping to making this a topic on the forum.  I have a buddy that knows someone that works in the chiefs organization.  He has heard that Nagy said that he went to chicago because he was told that lucks shoulder still has no blood flow.  I guess bo jackson never got his blood flow back which obviously lead to retirement.   Hope this is false but my buddy is a pretty honest dude.  And he def has a friend that works in the chiefs organization.  I am also not saying that nagy was offered the position.  "

:scorebad:

34 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I'm dismissive of it because it's pretty much entirely unsubstantiated. I don't deny that Luck has had setbacks that have not been sufficiently explained, and I think we'll all continue to be skeptical until he takes the field -- maybe longer -- but I don't think we can go chasing around every rumor that hits the Internet. Especially those of the "I know a guy" variety.

I still remember the exercise we did in the second or third grade where the teacher told a secret to a student in the back corner of the room, and told them to quietly whisper it to the student in front of them. They in turn passed it on, going row by row, until the last person at the opposite end of the room then stood up and said what they heard. It was funny how far off from the original it was once the first person shared what they had first spoke.  People hear what they want to hear....they concentrate on what they like, and abbreviate. 

It could literally have been an original statement that was something like, "His shoulder will get better once his blood flow improves". Which becomes, "Andrew's blood flow is not right", and then, "Luck has no blood flow to his shoulder". 

I expected to get some blowback on this topic.   Thats why i said take it for what its worth.  Look, i dont believe the rumor but thought i should put it out there.  Just because luck is throwing now doesnt mean he is back.  Look what happened when he started throwing a few months ago.  Hopefully luck comes back healthier than ever and i look more like an * for posting that info...lol.  ready for this offseason.  Gonna be wild i think.  From luck, new coach, free agents and draft.  

47 minutes ago, Superman said:

I'm dismissive of it because it's pretty much entirely unsubstantiated. I don't deny that Luck has had setbacks that have not been sufficiently explained, and I think we'll all continue to be skeptical until he takes the field -- maybe longer -- but I don't think we can go chasing around every rumor that hits the Internet. Especially those of the "I know a guy" variety.

I don't put this in the "I know a guy" variety" because this got connected to the KC Chiefs, the organization that employed Matt Nagy.    

I think that raises the credibility beyond the "I know a guy" level.   I appreciate that not everyone will agree with that.

But I'd say this...   if the same poster had said Luck was in great shape and zinging the ball around in practice, and feeling great,  do you think people here would be dismissing it?   I don't.   I think they'd be buying what the poster was selling because they liked the news.   The news was bad, so they trash the info and the poster.

7 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I don't put this in the "I know a guy" variety" because this got connected to the KC Chiefs, the organization that employed Matt Nagy.    

I think that raises the credibility beyond the "I know a guy" level.   I appreciate that not everyone will agree with that.

But I'd say this...   if the same poster had said Luck was in great shape and zinging the ball around in practice, and feeling great,  do you think people here would be dismissing it?   I don't.   I think they'd be buying what the poster was selling because they liked the news.   The news was bad, so they trash the info and the poster.

I don't think the poster has taken too much heat. They pretty much explained where and how this story went down. They even put out a disclaimer.

As we have learned from many years of rumors not too many put much thought into the truthfulness of rumors. I have a tendency to dismiss rumors myself.

Rumors about Luck will continue till we or someone we trust sees Luck throw the football.

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

How is this not "I know a guy"? 

Emphasis mine:

I have a buddy that knows someone that works in the chiefs organization.  He has heard that Nagy said that he went to chicago because he was told that lucks shoulder still has no blood flow.  I guess bo jackson never got his blood flow back which obviously lead to retirement.   Hope this is false but my buddy is a pretty honest dude.  And he def has a friend that works in the chiefs organization.  I am also not saying that nagy was offered the position.  

This is fourth hand information, at best. The poster here 1) knows a guy who 2) knows a guy who 3) heard that Nagy said (note, didn't hear Nagy say, but heard that Nagy said) that 4) Nagy was told... And we don't even know who told Nagy this. If it wasn't Ballard or someone with direct knowledge of Luck's condition, then that's a fifth person.

And we don't know the buddy that's "a pretty honest dude," nor do we know who he supposedly knows in the Chiefs organization, or where that person supposedly heard that Nagy said what he supposedly said.

If this isn't "I know a guy," then I don't know what is.

We also don't have any idea who this new poster is, and that's not a slight to the poster, but anyone can say anything on the Internet. If someone with a reputation for being credible said it, I'd still have a significant amount of skepticism; this new poster has no reputation at all, at least not around here.

And speaking for me personally, that's the reason for my skepticism, not because of the nature of the "information." It's because it's not even close to being substantiated. Even if this rumor was that Luck has been throwing for weeks and looking great, but the Colts have been hiding it because they're tired of being second guessed and just want everyone to see it for themselves, I'd still be dismissive of it. I'm not going to be convinced that Luck is ready to play until I see him play.

3 minutes ago, Andrew Luck fan club said:

How is this post still at the top :scratch:

This is a merged/rumors of Andrew Luck. This will be happening until we see a video of him throwing pain free. We should know by the end of this month. 

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Here is the response from the new member you referred to in your original post. He is "the guy". It was on the front page of this thread. If this wer true as big a news as this would be I can't believe this would not have been picked up by someone nationally or gotten to Indy.

The news of this supposedly did make kansas city sports talk airwaves.  Thanks newcoltsfan for bringing this up.  I am "new" to this board as far as posting.  Been following this board since I knew it existed.  Probably 10 years now.  Longtime colts fan here and am sorry if im scaring people.  Hoping its not true.  I tend to put trust in this team more than i should but after this past year that has wavered a bit because of this injury.   I have always felt there is more to this injury and when i heard this it made me think a bit. 

2 hours ago, Superman said:

I agree! until we can get something definitive it all means nothing. As far as we know we might have to wait until OTA's to get something definitive until then it's all just noise.  

4 hours ago, csmopar said:

lol, very good!

20 minutes ago, Superman said:

How is this not "I know a guy"? 

Emphasis mine:

This is fourth hand information, at best. The poster here 1) knows a guy who 2) knows a guy who 3) heard that Nagy said (note, didn't hear Nagy say, but heard that Nagy said) that 4) Nagy was told... And we don't even know who told Nagy this. If it wasn't Ballard or someone with direct knowledge of Luck's condition, then that's a fifth person.

And we don't know the buddy that's "a pretty honest dude," nor do we know who he supposedly knows in the Chiefs organization, or where that person supposedly heard that Nagy said what he supposedly said.

If this isn't "I know a guy," then I don't know what is.

We also don't have any idea who this new poster is, and that's not a slight to the poster, but anyone can say anything on the Internet. If someone with a reputation for being credible said it, I'd still have a significant amount of skepticism; this new poster has no reputation at all, at least not around here.

And speaking for me personally, that's the reason for my skepticism, not because of the nature of the "information." It's because it's not even close to being substantiated. Even if this rumor was that Luck has been throwing for weeks and looking great, but the Colts have been hiding it because they're tired of being second guessed and just want everyone to see it for themselves, I'd still be dismissive of it. I'm not going to be convinced that Luck is ready to play until I see him play.

Ok....   let me see if I can take another crack at this....

YES....   this is an "I know a guy " story.   I just think it's got more credibility than most because of the KC connection.

You may remember last summer we had an "I know a guy" story..   if I remember correctly a poster had a friend who took a taxi ride in Indy and the taxi driver had a passenger who told him about Luck's condition.   I think that might have been the story about Luck traveling to Ohio for a second opinion.

I don't think all "I know a guy" stories are created equal.   That would be like saying a felony and misdemeanor are the same because they are both crimes.   Some are more credible than others.   And I've noted repeatedly I think the information in the story is incomplete.    And while we don't really know this poster well, he's already come out and described himself as a longtime Colts fan and that he hopes the info he's sharing is WRONG.  That doesn't sound like a troll or trouble maker to me.

Last thought:   I appreciate and respect that you keep your powder dry in all aspects, so you're not moved either way no matter if the news is good or bad...   it's a great quality that I'm sure I could use more of.

But you're not most posters here (And thank God for that!).  Most posters here are more reactionary.    That's why I note that bad rumors typically gets a negative reaction but good rumors are more warmly embraced.   I get that's the way most fans are...  I just think you're an exception to the rule.    (And that's a good thing!).      

4 hours ago, csmopar said:

2 hours ago, IndyD4U said:

Here is some visual evidence of Andrew's right arm.

I'm not a Doctor, but this doesn't look good.

Arm.png

@superman       Here are just two examples of how most people are reacting....         Just saying....

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

@superman       Here are just two examples of how most people are reacting....         Just saying....

Any "I know a guy story" is going to get that type of feedback, unless the person has previously broken inside news before.  There are also a handful of forum members with enough proven knowledge and reputation they could get away with it with LESS flack, but even they would receive some push back.

I certainly hope it's not loss of blood supply to the shoulder. Although some of the symptoms seem to fit what we've heard from Luck and the Colts publicly. The possible outcomes, if that would be the case, range from reasonably workable to downright scary. I expect Luck has seen the absolute best doctors and he doesn't seem like the kind of guy who would try to dupe the public. (Irsay, I don't know. Luck, I trust)  I also seriously question whether JM would have taken the job if he felt Luck was in serious jeopardy.

http://www.houstonmethodist.org/orthopedics/where-does-it-hurt/shoulder/osteonecrosis-humeral-head/

4 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Oh good grief. Anyone can say anything on the internet. Listen to yourself. Some guy hops on here, claims to have a friend who knows a guy that works with or for the Chiefs and says that Nagy had doubts about Luck and therefore that means no blood flow to the shoulder.  You can't verify a single piece of that information. Not a one. You can't positively link the unnamed friend of a friend to the Chiefs or Nagy. There's zero credibility in this story. Could it be true, maybe , but highly doubtful. Find me proof that from an actual credibile, linked source and I might change my mind. 

3 hours ago, hoosierhawk said:

Here is the response from the new member you referred to in your original post. He is "the guy". It was on the front page of this thread. If this wer true as big a news as this would be I can't believe this would not have been picked up by someone nationally or gotten to Indy.

The news of this supposedly did make kansas city sports talk airwaves.  Thanks newcoltsfan for bringing this up.  I am "new" to this board as far as posting.  Been following this board since I knew it existed.  Probably 10 years now.  Longtime colts fan here and am sorry if im scaring people.  Hoping its not true.  I tend to put trust in this team more than i should but after this past year that has wavered a bit because of this injury.   I have always felt there is more to this injury and when i heard this it made me think a bit. 

I debate the report it made it on any Kansas City sports talk show. I've listened to 610 Sports Radio's podcasts now for two days, dating from the day Nagy was hired up to Tuesday. The ONLY mention of Luck was the day Nagy was hired and the one commentator stated that he felt it MIGHT be an indication that Luck wasn't quite healthy and that may have factored into Nagy's decision. Then just 4 minutes and 17 seconds later, the same commenter mentioned that the Colts never even extended an offer to Nagy.  Since then, no other mention of Luck. They barely mentioned the Colts since then other than to report the McDaniels report. 

610 Sports seems to be the equivalent of our 1070 the fan but in KC. 

20 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Oh good grief. Anyone can say anything on the internet. Listen to yourself. Some guy hops on here, claims to have a friend who knows a guy that works with or for the Chiefs and says that Nagy had doubts about Luck and therefore that means no blood flow to the shoulder.  You can't verify a single piece of that information. Not a one. You can't positively link the unnamed friend of a friend to the Chiefs or Nagy. There's zero credibility in this story. Could it be true, maybe , but highly doubtful. Find me proof that from an actual credibile, linked source and I might change my mind. 

If I have to explain it,  it's not worth the trouble.

The dots really aren't that hard to connect.    And I've already done so throughout this thread.

You chose not to give it any credibility.     That's your right.

There might just be some truth to what the poster had to say.    Might.

But our favorite team has a QB who is not currently healthy and it's now been one full year.     I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss things out of hand considering nothnig has gone as expected or predicted.    There's nothing for any Colts fan to feel good or confident about.     But plenty of them believe Luck simply because he said so.

Of course,  he said so throughout 2017 and he was wrong every time.      You chose to believe what you want.

For the umpteenth time,  I think we got, at best,  incomplete information from the poster.    But I'm not ready to dismiss it all because I don't have all the info I'd like.    If it's wrong -- great.     But if it's right --- that's not good.