RockThatBlue

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We aren't hiring this clown, if we do I quit.

No joke. Need to take our time and get the RIGHT GUY. I’m over being a mediocre/underperforming team. I want the colts to make some waves next year. Cable is the opposite the of that. 

Just now, adubb84 said:

No joke. Need to take our time and get the RIGHT GUY. I’m over being a mediocre/underperforming team. I want the colts to make some waves next year. Cable is the opposite the of that. 

I agree 100%. I cant see no way we hire him. We have tons of potential next season with Luck getting healthy and another Draft so we need to bring in a HeadCoach to help get back to winning time. Tom Cable isn't the answer.

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

I'd consider Marc Colombo, if you want to infuse some new blood to the O-line coaching:

http://www.dallascowboys.com/team/coaches/roster/marc-colombo

Marc Colombo isn't the Cowboys O-line coach....  he's their ASSISTANT O-line coach.   Frank Pollack is their lead OL  coach.   And they have the most talent on the planet to work with.

Posters here reject Cable and Philbin as OL coaches and it never occurs to them that these coaches don't have nearly as much to work with.

Hopefully whoever we hire as a HC can bring in a quality OL coach to join him.

Being that I have always supported Pagano on this forum, that puts me in the minority, but hiring Tom Cable would be the biggest joke to hit the Colts in years. That would be an absolutely pathetic move. Every Pagano hater on this forum would be begging for Pagano to be back after the first ten minutes of next seasons first preseason game! I think I have stated my opinion of Cable clearly enough.

16 minutes ago, Two_pound said:

Being that I have always supported Pagano on this forum, that puts me in the minority, but hiring Tom Cable would be the biggest joke to hit the Colts in years. That would be an absolutely pathetic move. Every Pagano hater on this forum would be begging for Pagano to be back after the first ten minutes of next seasons first preseason game! I think I have stated my opinion of Cable clearly enough.

I am trying to figure out where this rumor came from? This is way out of left field and sounds made up because nobody in their right mind would hire him as HeadCoach. Is it something Ballard said to someone in the media about loving Cable? Is it something Irsay said to the media - that I love Tom Cable. This rumor makes 0 sense. Ever since Deflategate the media loves stirring the pot with us though so I am used to it. Creating stuff up and piling on.

You guys got the dirt out there, but you forgot the football part of the equation. His Faiders teams sucked. His O-Line isn't good either. 

I don't think a hot head/likes to fight guy is HC material in this day and age. Not to say there isn't a place for it, but ... this guys' track record isn't inspiring. 

I'd stick with Pagano.. (ugh.).

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am trying to figure out where this rumor came from? This is way out of left field and sounds made up because nobody in their right mind would hire him as HeadCoach. Is it something Ballard said to someone in the media about loving Cable? Is it something Irsay said to the media - that I love Tom Cable. This rumor makes 0 sense. Ever since Deflategate the media loves stirring the pot with us though so I am used to it. Creating stuff up and piling on.

It came from Mike Silver (who's a *). There's usually sources for stuff like this. Like agents who are trying to speak their clients into getting a interview. It's like asking someone on a date in a off way

1 minute ago, The Fish said:

You guys got the dirt out there, but your forgot the football part of the equation. His Faiders teams sucked. His O-Line isn't good either. 

I don't think a hot head/likes to fight guy is HC material in this day and age. Not to say there isn't a place for it, but ... this guys' track record isn't inspiring. 

I'd stick with Pagano.. (ugh.).

I would take Chuck over him that is for sure. His Coaching record stinks and he has a temper problem, he likes to hit people. If we hire him I wont watch another Colts game.

18 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I would take Chuck over him that is for sure. His Coaching record stinks and he has a temper problem, he likes to hit people. If we hire him I wont watch another Colts game.

hmm..

strong stance. Not sure I can say that, but I wouldn't be happy about it. If it's really on the table, given that I think it's a bad idea, I hope the powers that be note that the fans will not only be skeptical on a football level, but some what (what's the word?) offended.

Ballard has shown that he will get a "troubled" guy after he checks them out and he thinks they are on the straight and narrow now.  Maybe Dodds referred him cause he's changed.  I have no idea.  Either that or Ballard never said it and it's Cables agent as was mentioned by someone else previously. 

5 hours ago, jskinnz said:

Not very sexy.

But the thing I heard from Venturi the other day is how much Ballard values toughness.  Cable would seemingly bring a that to the job.

Let's just hope that Ballard values toughness moreso than douchbagery... and therefore a pass on Cable.