RockThatBlue

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Superman said:

He's responsible for the worst unit on that team. No thank you. 

That's what I was thinking. If the Colts want a better line, we shouldn't even think about Cable. He should be one of the last guys on the list. 

Though I'm guessing this is mostly an Ed Dodds thing. He probably knows Cable and possibly likes him for some reason. I hope that wouldn't be the hire though. JMO.

I do think that Cable is more respected within the NFL than outside of it. 

However, an assistant coach in Oakland accused him of breaking his jaw. One or two of his ex wives have accused him of hitting them. I realize innocent until proven guilty but there are only 32 head coaches in the NFL. If you have some character question marks I would think you would have to have done something pretty special to be looked at for your second head coaching opportunity.

There are plenty of rumors floating around...never know what to believe. I guess we will all find out within the next couple of weeks.

Cable is widely viewed as one of the top OL coaches in the game....

BUT.....

He broke the jaw of another coach in a coaches meeting.

And there are domestic violence charges against him from two women.

So.....    no.    I don't want to hire him, nor do I even want to interview him.   Ever.

4 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

BUT.....

So.....    no.    I don't want to hire him, nor do I even want to interview him.   Ever.

He's similar to our own OLine coach this way - known to be top OL coach while having horrible OLine play for the duration of his stay with his current team. He also loves to get defensive linemen(or basketball players) and turn them into O-linemen with practically zero success... yet he still tries to do it. 

I am not familiar with his personal life and issues, but even just on his football resume, i'm not sure I'd want to deal with this as a Colts fan. 

29 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

BUT.....

With his violence issue, domestic and professional, he’s lucky to have a job.   

No thank you.  

I think Cable got into a problem for yelling too loudly when he was at Oakland, or some sort of overblown PC thing.  But I think he took a perennially terrible team and made them respectable for a few years.  Not saying he's the best HC for the Colts, but I don't think he's terrible.