Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What If Jimmy brings Chuck Back in 18?

JColts72

Just now, crazycolt1 said:

You may be right. My point all along has been what I call cause and effect. There is a reason for everything Pagano has been through. Most of it out of his control. But being we are losing every move Pagano makes is put under a microscope and chastised. If we were winning most of those things would not be an issue. Just a different point of view.

I discussed this in another thread comparing how a lot of Kentucky fans have said the same thing about Mark Stoops that “we” do about CP 

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I discussed this in another thread comparing how a lot of Kentucky fans have said the same thing about Mark Stoops that “we” do about CP 

I truly appreciate poster like you. You may not agree with my opinion or point of views but we can still have a civil discussion without it getting all heated and personal. Sometimes I get bent a little when I shouldn't but the mods keep me in check with more than fair warnings. :hat:

29 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

You may be right. My point all along has been what I call cause and effect. There is a reason for everything Pagano has been through. Most of it out of his control. But being we are losing every move Pagano makes is put under a microscope and chastised. If we were winning most of those things would not be an issue. Just a different point of view.

The 2nd half meltdowns, being outscored 171-61 in the 2nd half of games, 110-28 in the 4th quarter of games are GIGANTIC red flags. It's impossible to win with those kind of margins, and that's simply on the head coach, no microscope needed.

I know it gets old just seeing Pagano get bashed in here on a daily basis, and after awhile, it just drones on and on. But when you look at those 2nd half numbers, I don't know how you can come to any conclusion other than the guy simply needs to go.

1 minute ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

The 2nd half meltdowns, being outscored 171-61 in the 2nd half of games, 110-28 in the 4th quarter of games are GIGANTIC red flags. It's impossible to win with those kind of margins, and that's on the head coach, no microscope needed.

I didn't think mods were suppose to antagonize those who don't share their opinions? If you can't comprehend my cause and effect reasoning there is no need to explain why I have that point of view to you. I have explained it in detail a couple of times and then get ambushed. So join the crowd, be my guest.

8 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

The 2nd half meltdowns, being outscored 171-61 in the 2nd half of games, 110-28 in the 4th quarter of games are GIGANTIC red flags. It's impossible to win with those kind of margins, and that's simply on the head coach, no microscope needed.

I know it gets old just seeing Pagano get bashed in here on a daily basis, and after awhile, it just drones on and on. But when you look at those 2nd half numbers, I don't know how you can come to any conclusion other than the guy simply needs to go.

Late game collapses will happen when you have a very thin roster caused by bad injuries and/or bad personnel decisions

5 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I didn't think mods were suppose to antagonize those who don't share their opinions? If you can't comprehend my cause and effect reasoning there is no need to explain why I have that point of view to you. I have explained it in detail a couple of times and then get ambushed. So join the crowd, be my guest.

Those are stats that I didn't see anyone else post in here, and my only intention was to offer some perspective, not to be antagonizing. It's hard data that seems pretty relevant in the context of a thread about whether or not Jim Irsay retains Chuck Pagano beyond 2017.

2 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Late game collapses will happen when you have a very thin roster caused by bad injuries and/or bad personnel decisions

Not only that but young players as well who make execution mistakes.   Just like that mistake Hairston made when big Ben threw that touchdown to the receiver in the right corner of the end zone.  I do believe Hairston should have picked him up when he crossed his face.   Or like that long bomb touchdown Mariota threw past Hooker in the Tenn game.

1 minute ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Those are stats that I didn't see anyone else post in here, and my only intention was to offer some perspective, not to be antagonizing. It's hard data that seems pretty relevant in the context of a thread about whether or not Jim Irsay retains Chuck Pagano beyond 2017.

If you say so. My cause and effect issue means zero to those who can't see it. Was it Pagano who threw the picks? Was it Pagano who fumbled? Was it Pagano who was called for penalties? Someone needs to be the scrap goat and it might as well be Pagano.

Just now, krunk said:

Not only that but young players as well who make execution mistakes.   Just like that mistake Hairston made when big Ben threw that touchdown to the receiver in the right corner of the end zone.  I do believe Hairston should have picked him up when he crossed his face.   Or like that long bomb touchdown Mariota threw past Hooker in the Tenn game.

So true

9 hours ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Our starting QB didn’t take a single snap this year, & anyone who’s watched the defense the past few weeks is seeing a unit that’s starting to gel & improve. Those 2 things considered, I don’t see how you could think we’re going backwards.

Never fails. Someone will always find a need to have a reply like you just did. 

You didnt even take the time to read what I wrote. 

2 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

A record is a record. 

No excuses. I am sure Ballard isn’t making any excuses for it. 

Well......     Ballard is not going to point fingers but he doesn't have to.

He was brought in to clean-up a mess not of his making.      And he took the job with the understanding that he'd have a QB named Luck to guide the team.

Put another way,  do you think the record would be any bettere than what we have if Grigson was still the GM?     Would you think the team would be trending towards better play most every week?      I sure don't......

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

Well......     Ballard is not going to point fingers but he doesn't have to.

He was brought in to clean-up a mess not of his making.      And he took the job with the understanding that he'd have a QB named Luck to guide the team.

Put another way,  do you think the record would be any bettere than what we have if Grigson was still the GM?     Would you think the team would be trending towards better play most every week?      I sure don't......

It’s really hard to know what our record would have been under Grigson. The only thing we know for sure is what our record was last year and what it is this year. 

I dont think people in front office’s or head coach’s can afford to make excuses. It’s a mindset, and once the excuses start then a flood will start. 

I believe everyone is this organization is owning our current situation, and doing everything they can to improve it.

We are what our record says we are, and right now that’s a 3-7 team.

14 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

Never fails. Someone will always find a need to have a reply like you just did. 

You didnt even take the time to read what I wrote. 

I read it. And I didn't say anything back that was outwardly aggressive or belittling, I just disagree with the notion that we're going backwards.

I won't lie the thought has crossed my mind I mean many thought he was going to be fired two years ago only to be re-signed for four more years.

I wouldn't put it past Jimbo to stick with Chuck if he can't find someone better I mean that's what he did this past season.

7 minutes ago, CF4L said:

I won't lie the thought has crossed my mind I mean many thought he was going to be fired two years ago only to be re-signed for four more years.

I wouldn't put it past Jimbo to stick with Chuck if he can't find someone better I mean that's what he did this past season.

i agree with this.  not that we should keep him, but i wont be surprised if we do

i think they will try to land a big name or two, and if they fail chuck possibly comes back

11 hours ago, BlueShoe said:

He hired a new GM who has done worse (record) than Grigson. 

There are a lot of variables at play, but unless we win 5 of the last 6 then the statement will be true.

No pitchfork reply’s needed from anyone. I am not defending Grigson, and was glad he was let go. Truth is, according to our record, we are going backwards. Hopefully that somehow allows us to go forward. We can all be as optimistic as we want to be, but it still has to play out like we all want it to. 

True, but I don't think anyone expected this team to do anything without Luck.  With Luck I couldn't see them being any worse than they were the last two seasons.  Especially since Toby Biscuit has came in and won 3 games and has lost a few extremely close games.  

I'm sure for most that once we realized Luck wasn't coming back the season was pretty much a wash.  Not to take anything away from Toby Biscuit, he's doing about as good as he can for being chucked to the wolves.  He's been admirable to a certain extent. 

With regards to the original post.  I just can't see them retaining Chuck unless Jim is having some secret manbro affair with him.  

11 hours ago, B~Town said:

The Pagano hate on this board has reached ridiculous levels . Find another team with so few draft picks from the past several years that are in the NFL then look at players careers after leaving Indy .   I know this is against the grain but we have a horrible roster put any coach you want Bill or Pete and there record would be about the same . 

i concur

12 hours ago, BlueShoe said:

He hired a new GM who has done worse (record) than Grigson. 

There are a lot of variables at play, but unless we win 5 of the last 6 then the statement will be true.

No pitchfork reply’s needed from anyone. I am not defending Grigson, and was glad he was let go. Truth is, according to our record, we are going backwards. Hopefully that somehow allows us to go forward. We can all be as optimistic as we want to be, but it still has to play out like we all want it to. 

I guess we are just gonna pretend Andrew played this year huh?

1 hour ago, BlueShoe said:

It’s really hard to know what our record would have been under Grigson. The only thing we know for sure is what our record was last year and what it is this year. 

I dont think people in front office’s or head coach’s can afford to make excuses. It’s a mindset, and once the excuses start then a flood will start. 

I believe everyone is this organization is owning our current situation, and doing everything they can to improve it.

We are what our record says we are, and right now that’s a 3-7 team.

Do you believe in reasons, or is everything an excuse? 

If everything is an excuse I suppose we should go QB in the first round. 

9 hours ago, BlueShoe said:

They also can't afford to make decisions on just one metric without taking into consideration the factors that led to that metric. 

13 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

There was nothing antagonistic about his post. Maybe keep that victim card in the deck once in a while ;)