Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Time to look to next season

TigerColt

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean, what did you guys expect with a Pagano team without Luck?

The second half collapse should not be surprising to anyone. We've seen this before every game where the offense stifles and the defense is gassed. 

2 minutes ago, Andrew86 said:

Do we have a chance of not being a dumpster fire with a top 5 pick?

Honestly, if we get Andrew back and pick a solid Pass Rusher or OL early in the first round next year we have a shot. The reality is though is that when Luck comes back, we're most likely going to win a good amount of games and go 8-8 again rofl. Hopefully Irsay doesn't use that as an excuse to not fire Pagano...

1 minute ago, colts89 said:

Honestly, if we get Andrew back and pick a solid Pass Rusher or OL in the first round next year we have a shot. The reality is though is that when Luck comes back, we're most likely going to win a good amount of games and go 8-8 again rofl. Hopefully Irsay doesn't use that as an excuse to not fire Pagano...

You really think Andrew Luck alone is going to be enough to fix the disaster that this team is?  I don't think so but I hope you are right.  I believe this team is a lot worse than people on this forum think.  

3 minutes ago, MarquisJ said:

Also T.Y tonight lived up to his nick name “ghost” because he was no where to be found, Adoree Jackson locked him up.. These players have to be held accountable as well as these terrible coaches.

TY was doubled all day and did his job.  How many other guys were wide open all day because of him?  Guys have to catch and not fumble and this team has to be able to run the ball in the red zone.  He can't have big games every week but if he gets everyone else open, that's all you can ask.

2 minutes ago, Andrew86 said:

You really think Andrew Luck alone is going to be enough to fix the disaster that this team is?  I don't think so but I hope you are right.  I believe this team is a lot worse than people on this forum think.  

I mean it happened his 1st 3 years. The defense is better than it was. If the offense could sustain drives the D would be fine 

4 minutes ago, Andrew86 said:

Fix? No. Average out another 8-8 season? Probably. Luck is pretty good

9 minutes ago, tikyle said:

TY was doubled all day and did his job.  How many other guys were wide open all day because of him?  Guys have to catch and not fumble and this team has to be able to run the ball in the red zone.  He can't have big games every week but if he gets everyone else open, that's all you can ask.

Doubled “all day”? Incorrect.. on deep balls down the field safety overtop? sure... But I saw with my own eyes multiple times T.Y was single covered and could not beat his man (rookie Adoree Jackson). 

Doyle had a drop and then later a fumble. That’s on the player.

Moncrief dropped an easy TD. It was a good call, good pass, but Moncrief didn’t haul it in. That’s on the player.

There plenty of mistakes made tonight by the players. I’m no Pagano Guy, but this game came down to the players taking a dump on the field, more than the coaches inabilities.

6 minutes ago, BPindy said:

I mean it happened his 1st 3 years. The defense is better than it was. If the offense could sustain drives the D would be fine 

The drops and turnovers from the offense aren't helping anyone, but this defense is BAD.  The Titans scored on almost every possession they had.  We have linebackers that can stop the run but can't cover in space.  We have only one lineman who can consistently get pressure (Simon).  Our secondary lacks instincts and sometimes effort and it appears at times they can't hang at all with receivers running routes.  We may need another major draft and some good free agents to finish this revamp.

I am 100% agreement with this post. It is time to seriously look at the DE/rush linebacker from Boston College. As far as the O-Line they are not the problem with this team. The Colts need WR’s that can get open. And I’m not talking about a receiver with 4.2 speed, A guy like Jo Jo Natson comes to mind. (If a Jack Doyle is going to put the ball on the ground at least have 100 yards receiving. A hard hitting safety that can cover

18 minutes ago, Andrew86 said:

While you have a point, to some degree, but tonight's problems weren't the talent issues.  This team was talented enough to win tonight, it was poor coaching.  Tennessee isn't a very good team either and will most likely be a lower half team because of their poor defense. 

7 minutes ago, Flash7 said:

Moncrief dropped an easy TD. It was a good call, good pass, but Moncrief didn’t haul it in. That’s on the player.

There plenty of mistakes made tonight by the players. I’m no Pagano Guy, but this game came down to the players taking a dump on the field, more than the coaches inabilities.

This one is on the players

5 minutes ago, Flash7 said:

Undisciplined fundimentally challenged players is on the coaching. 

Just now, dodsworth said:

Undisciplined fundimentally challenged players is on the coaching. 

You don’t think they practice catching? They don’t practice ball security?

This game is on the players, and that’s alright. We don’t have to argue about that. There are plenty of examples of when it’s coaching. Tonight, the players let the coaches down.

The only teams we have beaten so far are the last two winless teams, and one was in OT, and both by a FG. This team is very far away, and Andrew Luck isn't going to make up for this team's faults by himself. Our O-Line needs to be fixed, we need a better pass rush, better secondary, a run game that's consistent. Just so much that can't be fixed immediately. We need a high draft pick just to get better position so we can improve the team in the long run. Luck won't play here forever, and we aren't close yet as a team.

If Tennesee is the top team in the division and thats all they have ( I know they Killed Jville but Jags arent winning anything with Bortles at the helm) the south is WIDE open. Colts beat Jags next week they jump them,Houston rests before Seattle beats them. Not much separating the division right now.

45 minutes ago, Andrew86 said:

Well the thing is yes, they look like they are and no they look like they aren't.  I feel like if this team had Luck they would be 4-2 and atop the division.  It would probably change the whole complexion of the team.  The defense doesn't have the ability however to play 4 quarters so it would be up on the offense to put up 30+ ppg.  I'm not even really sure what the coaching staff does at this point in time.  

16 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

Does next season include a new coach? I don't think I can try to handle simultaneous seasons under Pagano. 

I can’t see any way Pagano sticks around. We’ve given him enough rope, unfortunatley, well....

1 hour ago, tikyle said:

when chud did call a good play bad players dropped or fumbled the ball, total lack of talent