• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, ricker182 said:

We win this game with Andrew Luck.  

Just saying.  

We win this game and we have a winning record and in 1st place in our division with Luck for the earlier games as well.  Our defense isn't perfect but markedly improved.  No defense is going to hold up in the second half when they are constantly on the field.  We had zero 1st downs in the 3rd. qtr last night.  With Luck we move the ball and score.  Luck vs. Brissett.  Are you kidding me.  No comparison.  One game back ten more to play.  Far from over. 

I'm not sure what Pagano is saying during half time? Maybe just telling them a bedtime story...  who knows? Not really sure what adjustments they are making either? Maybe next week once they come up with the halftime adjustments, they should just throw them in the trash and do the exact opposite....  

This seems to be an ongoing problem, throughout the NFL.  Lots of disappointment in the level of play leading to very few consistently good teams, and then coaches/GMs getting replaced on a frequent basis.  Perhaps the game is changing in ways that management is unaware of.  I know that I find games themselves to be less interesting.  Too many penalties, maybe too many rules, poor execution, inaccurate throws, missed assignments..

It seems as if there is an overall drop in the level of competence throughout the league that makes games more frustrating to watch and therefore less interesting.  Maybe too much passing?  Too many incomplete passes...boring.

The frustration expressed towards the Colts is nothing different than what's going on with the NFL in general...as far as the level of play....where I don't think a change of coach or "the next season" will have much impact.  JMO 

Our Defense is definitely serviceable.  But we are not at the level where you can just score no points and think that they will win the game.   Have to have good complimentary football.   And we certainly have not had that in the second halves of these games.

I get why everyone would look to next season and forget this one.  No one knows when Luck is coming back exactly, they've been outscore a million to 2 in the fourth quarters of the past 5 games and they haven't put together 4 consistent quarters of good football yet.  BUT the Colts play in the AFC South.  The winner might get 10 wins, I am leaning towards 9.  They are 2-4(which doesn't look good obviously) but everyone else is 3-3.  Houston is at Seattle this week(winnable for them but a tough place to play with a rookie QB), Tenn at Cleveland(should be a win but a road game, you never know) and the Colts have a great opportunity at home to get a win against the Jags.  Luck could be back soon.  What has to change is 2nd half/4th quarter play calling/coaching.  The offense needs to stay on the field to give the defense a break.  Does it seem like it's the same ending different week, every week?  Yes it has so far, can that change?  I don't know?  I have my doubts but like I said it's not over yet, won't be easy but not over yet. 

I've been looking towards next season for a while now. I'm having more fun watching college prospects than the Colts this season. This was always going to be a lost season with the level of talent we have and with Luck not getting back on the field early in the season.

And since we are losing this season competitively, it is imperative that we don't lose it for evaluation and for development of the young players. This is why Mack not getting carries and Wilson not seeing the field is bad in my books. They need to be honing their skills and we need to be evaluating them so we'd know what we do and what we don't need for next season. 

2 minutes ago, stitches said:

I've been looking towards next season for a while now. I'm having more fun watching college prospects than the Colts this season. This was always going to be a lost season with the level of talent we have and with Luck not getting back on the field early in the season. 

I agree, I was not expecting much from the Colts this year, too thin of a roster.  I am somewhat encouraged by what I have seen from Ballard so far.  I have been watching much more college football than pro this year.

11 minutes ago, lollygagger8 said:

Overrated as a head coach yes, but how so as a O-Line coach? 

I think at the close of last season he thought his OL was set with the strong showing of Clark and Haag to close the season. He had his meeting with Ballard to discuss the line and I think he convinced Ballard that he had his starters and he only needed depth.  Therefore no major upgrades in the off season despite there being many quality starters available in FA.  Even Irsay made a comment that the OL was fixed. We drafted for depth with Bond and Banner and Banner is gone.  Haag and Clark lose their starting slots and then injuries hit and now forced to start Clark at guard and hope he improves.  Big miscalculations on his part regarding talent.  Just my opinion of course but that's how I see it.  

6 hours ago, aaron11 said:

we wont be mathematically eliminated for a while, only one game back now

i dont think we will make the playoffs regardless of when he comes back, but i would still play him 

The way the texans are playing we will be eliminated by steelers game

35 minutes ago, King Colt said:

Tough schedule from here on in, maybe two wins only.

That would put us in line for a top 5 draft pick to dangle for a QB needy team. Could immensely improve the talent of this team for the future if they could get a haul of draft picks via a trade down. 

I still believe the next two games are winnable games.     However I've lost faith in us taking advantage of the opportunity.  Team is good enough to do it talent wise, but execution wise we continue to bumble at the most inopportune times.   It's become a pattern.

This coaching staff sucks. They have never appeared to make any adjustments. They were brought in too make the defence stronger and the defence is just as bad as the day they came in. And the offence has steadly got worse every year. Jack Doyle is one of the worse tight ends in the league.

22 hours ago, BPindy said:

I cannot fathom Pagano being kept after this season. Won't be gone before then sadly. This team just can't play for 60 mins in any game.

I can completely see Chuck coaching out the year..... who's gonna replace him now?  Chud? Philbin? Monachino? Sanjay Freakin Lal?  there is no HC on the team, that's the problem....

47 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

I can completely see Chuck coaching out the year..... who's gonna replace him now?  Chud? Philbin? Monachino? Sanjay Freakin Lal?  there is no HC on the team, that's the problem....

That's the problem, even with Chuck on the team there still is no HC.  

All these anti-post Chuck, I wonder what Ballard is thinking when to rid of Pagano once and for all. Those two wins i would call it hardly impressive, especially coming from two win less teams.  This team is NOT going to the playoffs as long as Chuck is behind the helm.  I think Ballard needs to get his man in there now, to evaluate what he needs for the 2018 season as opposed to the beginning of next season.....

21 minutes ago, gacoop1 said:

All these anti-post Chuck, I wonder what Ballard is thinking when to rid of Pagano once and for all. Those two wins i would call it hardly impressive, especially coming from two win less teams.  This team is NOT going to the playoffs as long as Chuck is behind the helm.  I think Ballard needs to get his man in there now, to evaluate what he needs for the 2018 season as opposed to the beginning of next season.....

Kind of impossible to get his man in there in the middle of the season

On 10/16/2017 at 9:48 PM, colts89 said:

Honestly, if we get Andrew back and pick a solid Pass Rusher or OL early in the first round next year we have a shot. The reality is though is that when Luck comes back, we're most likely going to win a good amount of games and go 8-8 again rofl. Hopefully Irsay doesn't use that as an excuse to not fire Pagano...

I think we need to consider the very real possibilty that we might not see Andrew Luck on the field this year.

21 hours ago, richard pallo said:

He needs more time with a fully healthy Luck.  The defense is improving.  It all changes with a healthy Luck.  Only fair thing to do. 

I mean, is it really improving? We're getting beat by a wider margin than ever. We've given up 85 points in the 4th quarter alone. 

By comparison there are 3 teams that haven't allowed 85 points all season. 

We also lead the league in giving up 20+ yard passes. 

This is (probably) the most talented defense Pagano has had to work with since he's been here, but the results are still the same. 

Can he win when Luck bails him out? Most of the time. 

That also happens to be the mentality that led to only a single Super Bowl for us and Peyton Manning. I'd rather not rinse and repeat that vicious cycle. 

On 17/10/2017 at 2:59 PM, Mr. Irrelevant said:

It is going to be a GREAT offseason!

New HC, OC & DC!

Top draft picks!

Money to burn on FA!

:thmup:

... and it is not like we doesn't have certain pieces on offense and defense already, we have. 

Ballard has a lot of work to do, no doubt, but it is going to be GREAT!

:thmup:

“You guys know me,” he offered last spring, “I’d rather win two Lombardis and endure several losing seasons than have one Lombardi and be in the playoffs every single year. It’s about greatness. It’s about world championships."

-Jim Irsay

Vhttps://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/colts-insider/2017/09/07/jim-irsay-owner-whos-willing-lose/633884001/?

I'm thinking about Conner Willimas or Quenton Nelson, is it too soon?. 

This is a lost season just like 2011, I told everyone this is what this season would be after the first pre-season game and people jumped all over me, that's fine.  You can't win in this league with a backup QB with any regularity and this roster definitely won't support it.  I don't happen to think this is a horrible roster but it takes an amazing roster to win with a backup QB.

Chuck has been an outmatched HC for years, 0% chance he's back, good guy, like him but goodbye.

We can be as good as anyone in the NFL when we get intensely serious about the OLine...our actions still don't suggest we understand the urgency.  Every year I list any NFL teams priorities and they look like this: 1. Get a franchise QB, 2. Protect the Franchise QB 3 disrupt the other teams Franchise QB.....go from there.  We haven't had two and three covered or years now.

I stopped posting because it's a  broken record really....two lost seasons in seven years.

1 hour ago, Rally5 said:

This is a lost season just like 2011, I told everyone this is what this season would be after the first pre-season game and people jumped all over me, that's fine.  You can't win in this league with a backup QB with any regularity and this roster definitely won't support it.  I don't happen to think this is a horrible roster but it takes an amazing roster to win with a backup QB.

Chuck has been an outmatched HC for years, 0% chance he's back, good guy, like him but goodbye.

We can be as good as anyone in the NFL when we get intensely serious about the OLine...our actions still don't suggest we understand the urgency.  Every year I list any NFL teams priorities and they look like this: 1. Get a franchise QB, 2. Protect the Franchise QB 3 disrupt the other teams Franchise QB.....go from there.  We haven't had two and three covered or years now.

I stopped posting because it's a  broken record really....two lost seasons in seven years.

Its a lost season because just like 2011 they lied and said starting qb would be back

1 hour ago, Rally5 said:

Nope. I'm already thinking about Saquon Barkley. And an O-Line isn't what makes or breaks a contender. O-Line is important, yes and I think Ballard understands that.