Alvin Kamara

Maybe Dalvin cook. Shocked he fell

Kevin King

Chidobe Awuzie

Zach Cunningham

Jordan Willis

Who do you like?

I really want Dalvin. The value is unbelievable if he keeps falling

Cam Robinson is my pick in the 2nd. Not sexy by any means but he's a mauler in the run game and posses great size and athleticism. With a year or so of NFL coaching he could be great. 

That said there are are a ton of defensive players I'd love to have like Kevin King, Awuzie, and especially Raekwon McMillian. 

2 minutes ago, FalseStart said:

The Hooker pick won't mean a thing if we cannot rush the QB... I in the second or third... DE

Lots of holes to fill with only so many picks. Ballard won`t be able to address or fix everything in this draft. What he needs to do is make good selections like he did with Hooker and follow his board.

I think it's got to be CB if who ever's available is even close to BPA. I wouldn't be upset with the same thinking in the 3rd either. We may not end up with a dominant pass rushers but our secondary could quickly become a major strength and with the LB's we have brought in I think we'd definitely be getting some coverage sacks at the least. And as long as the O-line progresses as expected we could be in a position next year to really gamble and jump up and grab a great edge rusher. Lots of if's in this but the coverage route is definitely something that I think can be an effective strategy.

2 hours ago, MPStack said:

I would hope Mixon out of that list, but doubt he gets past the Bengals. I`d be okay with Cook in the 2nd.

He certainly doesn't get past Philly. I wouldn't hate him though. He is a great talent. I am not qualified to pass judgement on all that other stuff, but I trust Ballard, Irsay and Pagano are.

I mean, the strength of this year's draft is Dbs right? So if these great secondary guys keep falling to us because other teams are reaching for other positions, then I say we take them all day. We lack pass rush, but we can't fix everything this year and we still arguably need a CB more...

That said I have this weird gut feeling based on what's still out there that OL is a very real possibility in round 2, there are some great guys who can come in year 1 and possibly be our RG while also having the versatility to be a RT option for the future. I can also see ILBs McMillan or Cunningham being real options. Lots of choices, but I can definitely still see a high value CB sitting on our lap come next pick.

Chido would cause the forum to loose it mind. Stay true to there board theirs still tons of talent to be had through out this entire draft. Building for the future knowing we aren't going to be world beaters Sidney Jones has to be a very appealing pick.

Cook isn't on my list due to character, athletic, and injury concerns.  Mixon only has one incident, and remains high.  My list going forward into Round 2 looks something like this:

King
Bowser
Mixon
Lamp
Sidney Jones
Quincy Wilson
Wormley
Rivers
Moreau
McMillan

Awuzie

I want Bowser or Cunningham.  

Mixon would be a great one also... and Lamp... 

I'll even take Awuzie and Sidney  man this draft is soo deep. 

Anyone but Cook.  We have better backs on the roster and better backs to choose from like Kamara, Mixon, Foreman, and Hunt. 

57 minutes ago, backshoulderfade said:

He certainly doesn't get past Philly. I wouldn't hate him though. He is a great talent. I am not qualified to pass judgement on all that other stuff, but I trust Ballard, Irsay and Pagano are.

Yeah, I think he makes it past the Bengals but not Philly.  I'd love to have him but I'll trust Ballard to the the BPA.  Prefer edge, but don't want to reach.  

3 hours ago, FalseStart said:

The Hooker pick won't mean a thing if we cannot rush the QB... I in the second or third... DE

Yes it will because last year it wasn't just the pass rush that was bad the secondary was awful too we just improved the secondary that should allow a little more time for the pass rush to get there. Plus somewhere tonight pass rusher will be taken.

3 hours ago, Majin Vegeta said:

I'm not shocked that Cook fell lol. I'm really hoping for Awuzie, Fabian, Robinson, Wilson. There's soo much talent left still..

I REALLY want Awuzie. Instant CB2 starter and potential CB1 when the time comes.

2 hours ago, rockywoj said:

Is it possible that Forrest Lamp might be passed over 13 more times?!

Not a chance. I'm shocked he fell out of the 1st and there are too many OL needy teams in front of us.

2 hours ago, dodsworth said:

Lamp or BPA on defense, absolutely no RB. 

Find a 3rd string rb in UDFA. Build a solid foundation this year and plug in the holes next year.

We need an heir to Frank Gore, not yet another UDFA scrub like Ferguson. Mixon, Kamara, Hunt...there's quite a few guys that could be had in the next 2 rounds that could be huge for us. Keep in mind that a good running game helps the defense.

We're going BPA and have no clue how the board will look come our picks tonight, so it'll REALLY just depend on who's there.

1 hour ago, CheezyColt said:

What about Derek Rivers?

Wouldn't be mad..

2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I'm going to predict we get Awuzie with our 2nd rounder. A CB will fall and I think he is it. With a few rbs, wrs possibly, and O-Lineman, I think either King or Awuzie falls to our pick, and I say Awuzie.

Really like Awuzie

12 minutes ago, Shive said:

I REALLY want Awuzie. Instant CB2 starter and potential CB1 when the time comes.

Not a chance. I'm shocked he fell out of the 1st and there are too many OL needy teams in front of us.

We need an heir to Frank Gore, not yet another UDFA scrub like Ferguson. Mixon, Kamara, Hunt...there's quite a few guys that could be had in the next 2 rounds that could be huge for us. Keep in mind that a good running game helps the defense.

We're going BPA and have no clue how the board will look come our picks tonight, so it'll REALLY just depend on who's there.

Wouldn't be mad..

You can't have a good running game without a good line first.

12 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I'm going to predict we get Awuzie with our 2nd rounder. A CB will fall and I think he is it. With a few rbs, wrs possibly, and O-Lineman, I think either King or Awuzie falls to our pick, and I say Awuzie.

9 minutes ago, krunk said:

Really like Awuzie

I'm with you guys. He's my favorite on board right now. If he falls to us, it's a no-brainer. 

Just now, dodsworth said:

You can't have a good running game without a good line first.

I'm pretty confident in the guys we have developing further this year. I don't see Lamp falling to us and there's no other OL that I would take at our pick. Dan Feeney wouldn't be terrible, but I don't see him as BPA with the talent still available. That can all change in an instant though.

58 minutes ago, Shive said:

I'm pretty confident in the guys we have developing further this year. I don't see Lamp falling to us and there's no other OL that I would take at our pick. Dan Feeney wouldn't be terrible, but I don't see him as BPA with the talent still available. That can all change in an instant though.

The new additions and the rookies in their

2nd year may make a big enough jump for

Ballard to sit pat on another lineman this year.

It would be a tough call between Lamp and

a difference maker on defense with our 14th

pick in the second.

As far as CB's are concerned, I would prefer someone with excellent press technique.  Which would be Wilson, Tabor, and Tankersly.  The only problem is they all struggle in off coverage fearful of getting beat deep.  King, Witherspoon, and Awuzie all tested great at combine, but don't look as good on film according to the scouting reports I have read. They all are poor at press coverage and try to make up for it with superior athletic skills.  I think King and Awuzie will be drafted early in round 2 due to high ceilings.  I'm hoping Wilson falls to us (he may be the closest to a shut down CB that is left).  He is the only CB I would want in the 2nd due to how many quality #2 CB's will be available in the 3rd and maybe 4th.  I would rather take a chance and try and get Tabor or Tankersly in round 3 or 4.  Someone will drop to us in the 2nd like Hooker did in the 1st.  Trying to predict who it will be seems like a exercise in futility, but fun none-the-less, based on the crazy trade ups that happened in 1st.  IMHO, the safest picks based on off-field issues, injury histories and plug and play potential based off positions of need would be 1) Lamp 2) Wilson 3) Willis 4) Cunningham 5) Bowser 6) Basham.