Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts meeting with ILB Kevin Minter (Merge)

1 minute ago, COLTS449 said:

Give the Jags Andrew Luck, or give us their roster. Completely off point. My point is when you have a young franchise QB you are dumb to not try and bring in superstar players and try and win a SB every year he's there. We should have already made a SB by now.

How come everyone except Grigson knew that when you have a young franchise QB you surround him with the best OL drafting and money could bring in?  Build the Oline, sell out for it.  

Then pass rushers (easy to say, I know) and the Dline.  It's like we're starting from scratch now.  

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

I had Hodges in my mock draft last month but I definitely considered Minter. He'll be good.

That's who I was looking at too.  We need help at ILB maybe we sign both.  I think we could get a guy like Walker with one of the 4th rounders. The three 4th rounders should come in handy in this draft. All those Edge players will push some day 2 guys down to the top of day 3

7 hours ago, Superman said:

Cunningham could be available in the second. He misses a lot of tackles, but I can deal with that at this stage of his career. He's also in on a heck of a lot of plays, so it's hard to complain about the plays he misses, when a player with lesser range probably wouldn't even be in the frame. 

Raekwon McMillan is a better player, and extremely underrated in my opinion. If we go ILB in round 2, he's the guy I would target. He can play the run and drop into coverage when needed. Barring injury he's going to be a 10 year+ career guy.

41 minutes ago, akcolt said:

That's who I was looking at too.  We need help at ILB maybe we sign both.  I think we could get a guy like Walker with one of the 4th rounders. The three 4th rounders should come in handy in this draft. All those Edge players will push some day 2 guys down to the top of day 3

Yeah Walker is one of the mid round guys I like. Along with Anzalone, his injury concerns withstanding.

By round, there will be a ton of good options for the Colts for ILB

Round 1: Foster would be a pipe dream. Could get Reddick

Round 2: Davis, Cunningham, McMillan

Rounds 3-5: Walker, Anzalone, Beckwith, Boulware

As you said, those three 4th's will come huge. There's lots of talent to choose from.

Kevin Minter LSU

DRAFT ANALYSIS:

"Darryl Washington's got a four-game suspension. It's a natural need for Arizona. Kevin Minter, for me, is a solid player with a passion for the game, and you can't change his height. He's a short inside linebacker. He's going to get beat up down the seam a little bit by tight ends in the pass game, but if you want to talk about a two-down thumper that understands the run game and is a secure tackler, that's who he is." -- Mike Mayock

10 hours ago, COLTS449 said:

Why??? Brown and Hightower are available and there's several really good ILB's in the draft. Minter is another mediocre player. I want a team full of beasts. Not a team full of mediocrity. I mean he'd be alright if we had a Luke Kuechly, Bobby Wagner, etc type next to him, but we don't.

Idk if you mess with PFF statistics, but Kevin Minter graded an 81 to Zach Browns 84. To me its what your looking for, a MIKE which Kevin gets the edge due to his superior block shedding and a WILL which goes to Zach for being better in coverage. If it was up to me, I'd go after Zach Brown because he can play MIKE plus the coverage skills, but Kevin Minter is legit AF and I'd love to have him. 

17 hours ago, Superman said:

I'm not a huge fan. He's a less heralded version of Hightower. For the money, I'd rather have Minter, but he's still the phone booth kind of LB, like Antonio Morrison. 

I'll assume you don't mean the kind of guy who uses a phone booth to change into his cape and tights :p.

9 hours ago, NorthernBlue said:

Yeah Walker is one of the mid round guys I like. Along with Anzalone, his injury concerns withstanding.

By round, there will be a ton of good options for the Colts for ILB

Round 1: Foster would be a pipe dream. Could get Reddick

Round 2: Davis, Cunningham, McMillan

Rounds 3-5: Walker, Anzalone, Beckwith, Boulware

As you said, those three 4th's will come huge. There's lots of talent to choose from.

I would add that Tyus Bowser would be a great athletic ILB (though most call him an edge rusher) in the 2nd or 3rd.  And I am becoming a big fan of Jordan Evans of Oklahoma in the 4th.  Thought of as athletically limited until he rocked his PD...

2 hours ago, masnerj said:

Anyone know what happened to the visit? No reports of him being signed or going to other teams. 

I never saw anything confirming that his visit was yesterday. The reports I saw said he was visiting Indy.Never saw anything that confirmed he arrived or that he left without a contract.

Maybe it's today ?

14 hours ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

Raekwon McMillan is a better player, and extremely underrated in my opinion. If we go ILB in round 2, he's the guy I would target. He can play the run and drop into coverage when needed. Barring injury he's going to be a 10 year+ career guy.

10 year career? Raekwon's been in the game since '91.

14 hours ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

I like McMillan, also. I think Cunningham has more range and moves better in space. I wouldn't complain about either in the 2nd. 

And it would be great to have a WuTang name on the roster.

22 hours ago, dgambill said:

All these guys have warts in free agency. Outside a few who will command top dollar there aren't any complete perfect players out there. What we seem to be targeting are young healthy guys that have had limited roles but seem ready to take on a larger one now or maybe break out. I like that...and the contracts seem to be in line so far with the quality of the player. We aren't going to build a SB contender over night. Baby steps...get some quality guys in here while we draft and develop. Can't be worse than last year that's for sure.

Id rather get Hightower who is better than him pay the man.

6 minutes ago, AZColt11 said:

From that, it sounds like he will re-sign in Arizona after he finds out what he's worth.  Sorta like Hightower.  Bring on Zach Brown!

just because he says he wants to be a card doesnt mean the cards have mutual interest 

7 minutes ago, CR91 said:

No their basically the same size. Minter is a little heavier

A lot heavier Minter is shorter, there builds are different, there games are different. I think they listed Freeman 230 or 235, IMO he looked like 220 225. Freeman is taller, and is not near as Physical as Minter, he also weighs 245.  It doesn't mean I don't or didn't like Freeman I do. They are just different IMO. 

1 minute ago, Horse Shoe Heaven said:

A lot heavier Minter is shorter, there builds are different, there games are different. I think they listed Freeman 230 or 235, IMO he looked like 220 225. Freeman is taller, and is not near as Physical as Minter, he also weighs 245.  It doesn't mean I don't or didn't like Freeman I do. They are just different IMO. 

Not saying their the same type of player. Just similar sizes