Unhappy with the win against the Jags [Merge]

12isthenew18

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Irsay:

"Sheesh, I'm highly disappointed with the last two seasons.  I can't believe we did not make the playoffs... again.....  That being said, what the heck.  I'll still retain Grigson and Pagano if they can just manage to win this game against the lowly Jags."

That really doesn't really have much of a ring to it at all???

haha 

I don't fully believe the rumors out there right now, but I do believe that Grigano's job security isn't as high as once thought. Before the rumors popped up today/yesterday I would've said there job was like 90% safe.

I think this win helped their cases in Irsay's eyes though, even if it only solidified my desire to move on from them.

4 minutes ago, UKCOLT17 said:

I don't mind winning but wow was kinda embarrassed how they celebrated a meaningless game.

Bortles was acting like a complete tool dancing, etc. and the Jags were talking smack dancing around all game, that is why Andrew acted like that at the end IMO. In the heat of competition after a while you have to show someone who is boss when you are actually better. We will still pick in the Top 20 and we avoided a losing season and getting swept by that crap team. I have said the Jags wouldn't be any good all season and they aren't.

11 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Except for QB, the Jags roster is heads and tails better than ours.  They did a number on the Titans last week.  And most importantly, they're an NFL team.  

And we beat them.  I'm sorry it wasn't more of a win for some people, but I'll take it.  

I think the celebrating was....misplaced.  I'm glad we won -- but it's not the kind of final game you pump your fists over.

We had to come back from a 17 point deficit at home against an opponent with 3 wins who was making a bid to sweep us for the season with one of our all-time greats retiring.

That they'd be hugging each other and pumping fists after that near-humiliation is sadly indicative of where this organization is.

2 minutes ago, James said:

Quit belly-aching and get some perspective. 

The Colts have went from something entirely different to celebrating barely beating the Jacksonville Jaguars. A home. That's not something that should be celebrated. Unless of course you strive for mediocrity. But a lot of people on her seem to accept the road of mediocrity. So, congrats. This  "fantastic" win will probably cause enough euphoria and sentimentality that Jim will want to keep Pagano, Grigson etc.

I wish fans like you would go away. Far away. 

It was a game of football. We won in a thrilling finish. One of out all time greats is retiring. Wow. Losing would have done what exactly. This  team was garbage in the firsrt half. We all now that. 60 thousand paying fans went home happy. Perhaps you have never been to a game and spent good money.....

9 minutes ago, braveheartcolt said:

Go away and find another team. That was why sport was invented. What a finish.

No... been a Colts fan since their arrival. I'm STILL happy with the win but it does NOT mask the problems with this team going forward with Chuck at the helm. Starting a game DOWN 17-0 at home against a 3 win team speaks volumes. The Colts were fortunate not to end the season against a non division opponent because ONCE again the afc south bailed Chuck out.

Heck, if you played fantasy football and you are a competitor, you still want to win that last game, even if you are not in contention. This one is a real game with competitors with more fire than us armchair QBs. Why should they lay down? 

Just now, NannyMcafee said:

I didn't like seeing pagano clap after jax got the fg. Thought that was a little odd.

Always does that trying to keeps encouraged.

Still I doubt anything about today will change Irsay's mind.  If anything he could look at another life less first half and then needed to scratch and claw with everything they had to beat one of the worst teams in the league as sign to make a change.

8 minutes ago, James said:

Quit belly-aching and get some perspective. 

The Colts have went from something entirely different to celebrating barely beating the Jacksonville Jaguars. A home. That's not something that should be celebrated. Unless of course you strive for mediocrity. But a lot of people on her seem to accept the road of mediocrity. So, congrats. This  "fantastic" win will probably cause enough euphoria and sentimentality that Jim will want to keep Pagano, Grigson etc.

I wish fans like you would go away. Far away. 

Just when I think you're turning a corner... You say something like this.

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

Always does that trying to keeps encouraged.

Still I doubt anything about today will change Irsay's mind.  If anything he could look at another life less first half and then needed to scratch and claw with everything they had to beat one of the worst teams in the league as sign to make a change.

I wish I could believe in this staff. Love the colts organization and has been a wonderful experience in my life. They're just so agonizing to watch right now my friend.

2 minutes ago, mahagga73 said:

Do be too suprised if Grigson gets the ax by himself. In my opinion his poor drafting  and personnel decisions are 80 percent responsible at least for where they are now. 

If only one gets fired I doubt it is Grigson.  A lot of potential GMs aren't going to want to come and be stuck with Pagano.  Keeping Grigson isn;t going to be near as big of liability in replacing a HC.

18 minutes ago, MTC said:

We should all agree that the celebration at the end was over excessive. We beat a 3-13 Jaguars team... yay?

I don't agree. Did you want them to hang their heads in shame? They sent Mathis out with a W after trailing by 17. They have every right to be excited whether you're too jaded to believe that or not.

3 minutes ago, bluephantom87 said:

No... been a Colts fan since their arrival. I'm STILL happy with the win but it does NOT mask the problems with this team going forward with Chuck at the helm. Starting a game DOWN 17-0 at home against a 3 win team speaks volumes. The Colts were fortunate not to end the season against a non division opponent because ONCE again the afc south bailed Chuck out.

Yup and its annoying now. The Colts need change. 

Just now, esmort said:

If only one gets fired I doubt it is Grigson.  A lot of potential GMs aren't going to want to come and be stuck with Pagano.  Keeping Grigson isn;t going to be near as big of liability in replacing a HC.

True. Didn't think of that. The new guy would have to be on board with Pagano to start. 

3 minutes ago, bluephantom87 said:

Loved the fact Mathis went out with a win but the scary thing is the AFC South are getting better every year. The Texans are a decent, not good, not great, a decent QB from blowing our doors off. 

Doesn't even matter honestly. Jim's going to do whatever he wants and he seems to like Pags and Grigs for whatever reason.

We're a 6-8 win team with them running things so those are my expectations. Anything more would be great, but oh well.

4 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

I wish I could believe in this staff. Love the colts organization and has been a wonderful experience in my life. They're just so agonizing to watch right now my friend.

I agree with that which is why I am hoping for and expecting their will be change.