Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Unhappy with the win against the Jags [Merge]

12isthenew18

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

While I would like to have a better draft position, I like it that Mathis went out with a win and I liked that we weren't swept by Jacksonville.....Jacksonville.

At any rate, Grigson controls our first round pick so it won't matter that much in the end anyway.  He's a B- student on first round picks.  Anyone would pick Luck and he did well last year with Kelly.  The three drafts between those two players were lacking. 

I'm not sure either Pagano or Grigson leave, either a win today or loss today.  

4 hours ago, aaron11 said:

sounds about right to me

players on the field want to win.  their jobs are on the line too, and they love the game and they like to win

they couldnt care less about people butt hurt over us not tanking

Yep agreed. Do you think he was being dismissive about chuck? Not sure if there's more to it then simply their jobs on the line too 

I'll be the first to tell you, I wouldn't have been disappointed with a loss today because my expectations were so low with this team.  That being said, I'm happy they won so Mathis goes out ok (great strip sack).  Were they really going to do much this year?  No, they weren't going to do much this year.  I'm happy to see Luck happy and boy the fans got their $, and Gore to get 1000 yards even though I think he needs to be on a super bowl contending team.  I'm happy because it was a solid comeback win against, yea a bad team even though their roster is better. 

A loss against the Jaguars wouldn't be the determining factor whether Irsay will cut Grigson/Pagano or both and the Colts will still get a good pick.  Some stud will be there @ a position of need there's no doubt, now whether Grigson nails on it or not is a different story.  If Irsay was contemplating on releasing Grigson or Pagano this game would've first and foremost been a good farewell for either of them.  Second, I don't think that two years of NOT making the playoffs that this game will be a deciding actor on Irsay's decision making processes.    

21 minutes ago, achcolts said:

Yep agreed. Do you think he was being dismissive about chuck? Not sure if there's more to it then simply their jobs on the line too 

i would guess that adams is a fan of chucks but no way to know for sure

his own job status is in question due to his age, so i think he's mostly concerned with that. 

for a veteran of his stature he's pretty quiet to the media, i dont think there are any reports of him wanting to retire anytime soon though