Unhappy with the win against the Jags [Merge]

12isthenew18

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, bluephantom87 said:

A good team would've DESTROYED a 3 win Jag team at home but this is what we will continue to see under Chuck.... :facepalm:

I am very unhappy for the win. I was rooting against the Colts all game. I want Pagano gone so badly. A losing record would have guaranteed his firing, especially if a loss to the Jaguars is the lasting memory of the season. Now there's a (slim) chance Pagano will be retained.

5 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

, Jax has better players than we do..especially on 'D'....we all know that

You're right I guess the rest of the league looks at them like a powerhouse instead of a 3 win team in which one of their victories came AGANST the Colts in London. I still remember the national media outcry about how BAD the Colts looked in that game thus starting the rumblings about Chuck's coaching abilities.

14 minutes ago, James said:

Quit belly-aching and get some perspective. 

The Colts have went from something entirely different to celebrating barely beating the Jacksonville Jaguars. At home. That's not something that should be celebrated. Unless of course you strive for mediocrity. But a lot of people on her seem to accept the road of mediocrity. So, congrats. This  "fantastic" win will probably cause enough euphoria and sentimentality that Jim will want to keep Pagano, Grigson etc.

I wish fans like you would go away. Far away. 

Who's belly-aching now? People that want Pagano and Grigson gone are just plain wrong. Next year, this team will be a playoff team.

I really doubt today is going to change Irsays mind one way or another.  I also think while they won Irsay won't lose sight of them sleep walking through the first half again and then needing to scratch and claw with everything they had and getting some help for complete prevent defense from the Jags to beat a 3-13 football team at home in a game where they were very much playing for people's jobs.  

10 minutes ago, esmort said:

If only one gets fired I doubt it is Grigson.  A lot of potential GMs aren't going to want to come and be stuck with Pagano.  Keeping Grigson isn;t going to be near as big of liability in replacing a HC.

A new GM would likely have Irsay's blessing fire Pagano immediately.

6 minutes ago, bluephantom87 said:

You're right I guess the rest of the league looks at them like a powerhouse instead of a 3 win team in which one of their victories came AGANST the Colts in London. I still remember the national media outcry about how BAD the Colts looked in that game thus starting the rumblings about Chuck's coaching abilities.

I dont know how many of our defensive starters could start for Jax.....maybe 2?

..what we aren't allowed to say...is that we are well coached

33 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Except for QB, the Jags roster is heads and tails better than ours.  They did a number on the Titans last week.  And most importantly, they're an NFL team.  

And we beat them.  I'm sorry it wasn't more of a win for some people, but I'll take it.  

Their coach was mindless to run on three straight plays with the Colts with all TO's and Andrew Luck waiting to come in.  Totally mindless, Bortells had to be completely ticked off that he couldn't throw one pass to clinch victory. Pagano is not much better but what a gift.

13 minutes ago, esmort said:

If only one gets fired I doubt it is Grigson.  A lot of potential GMs aren't going to want to come and be stuck with Pagano.  Keeping Grigson isn;t going to be near as big of liability in replacing a HC.

If Irsay hires an experienced big name coach, that coach may not want Grigson around. 

1 minute ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

A new GM would likely have Irsay's blessing fire Pagano immediately.

I would hope so, but if that is the case you would figure Irsay would just go ahead and fire both at same time, because I can't see any incoming GM voluntarily keeping Pagano.

25 minutes ago, AlanNC said:

Good drive to win.  Saved Pagano's job and a lower draft pick.  That is all we won today.  Still third in a terrible division. 

The outcome will have maybe a .5% impact on job statuses.

22 minutes ago, braveheartcolt said:

It was a game of football. We won in a thrilling finish. One of out all time greats is retiring. Wow. Losing would have done what exactly. This  team was garbage in the firsrt half. We all now that. 60 thousand paying fans went home happy. Perhaps you have never been to a game and spent good money.....

Plenty. But that's not my (and many other posters') point. It's not about the now. It's about so much more. That's why I say you need perspective. 

It's all about the long-term health and future of the franchise, not instant gratification. Try comprehend that it's not about "complaining about winning". 

Winning = increases the likelihood of Irsay thinking it's reasonable to keep both Pagano and Grigson. 

Then on top of keeping Pagano and Grigson with all their flaws in the coaching, drafting and FA signing department, we miss out on better prospects in the 2017 draft. You really want the Colts to continue this cycle of mediocrity with Pagano and Grigson? The people who "complain about winning" don't want that. They want more. The "oh boy it sure was fun to see the Colts come back against the Jags" view is ridiculously shortsighted. The Colts have been and should strive for so much more. 

1 minute ago, deedub75 said:

If Irsay hires an experienced big name coach, that coach may not want Grigson around. 

That's definitely a possibility ... I was just talking in general that IMO it would be easier to find a HC with Grigson remaining, than a GM with Pagano remaining.

Just now, Fisticuffs111 said:

Everytime I see you post you treat your opinion as fact.

I just don't get people's assessment of Pagano and Grigson: they discount any good they've done (including three 11-5 seasons) ignore the injuries, the inexperience of the young guys and poor execution from the players. The Colts do need a change - a good draft and getting/keeping healthy. 

1 minute ago, coltsfeva said:

Who's belly-aching now? People that want Pagano and Grigson gone are just plain wrong. Next year, this team will be a playoff team.

What happens then? Pagano hasn't proven he can beat anyone in the top tier of the AFC. He is consistently being outcoached. The road to the Super Bowl runs through Pittsburgh and New England. Pittsburgh has destroyed not beaten us every year we have played them under Pagano.  He never has beaten New England either came close once but we all know what happened there.

2 minutes ago, coltsfeva said:

I just don't get people's assessment of Pagano and Grigson: they discount any good they've done (including three 11-5 seasons) ignore the injuries, the inexperience of the young guys and poor execution from the players. The Colts do need a change - a good draft and getting/keeping healthy. 

That's a valid opinion. I disagree but see where you're coming from.

15 minutes ago, coltsfeva said:

You obviously are. This team is going nowhere with them at the helmet. That's the premise of my posts. If you can't realize that, then you are truly lost. Besides this post, I won't bother responding to someone as lost as you.

Just now, James said:

Winning = increases the likelihood of Irsay thinking it's reasonable to keep both Pagano and Grigson. Then on top of keeping Pagano and Grigson with all their flaws in the coaching, drafting and FA signing department, we miss out on better prospects in the 2017 draft.

No, it doesn't. Irsay's mind is likely made up one way or the other, so today's game won't have any impact on that decision. As far as draft picks go, they dropped from 12 to 15, so I don't really see the issue there either.

1 minute ago, James said:

You obviously are. This team is going nowhere with them at the helmet. That's the premise of my posts. If you can't realize that, then you are truly lost. Won't bother responding to someone as lost as you.

you could just stop posting completly

the players are real competitors and they are not going to lose any given game on purpose to please some nobody on a forum

deal with it

30 minutes ago, luv_pony_express said:

I think the celebrating was....misplaced.  I'm glad we won -- but it's not the kind of final game you pump your fists over.

We had to come back from a 17 point deficit at home against an opponent with 3 wins who was making a bid to sweep us for the season with one of our all-time greats retiring.

That they'd be hugging each other and pumping fists after that near-humiliation is sadly indicative of where this organization is.

I agree with everything except the win. 

24 minutes ago, JRnINDY said:

I fell the emotion shown by Luck after the winning TD pass was Awesome.... He needed that to set up his MVP season next year.

I have a feeling that maybe the Jags were talking a lot of  trash and he gave them some of it back.  Who roots for their team to lose? 

Its a pointless win.  It served no purpose.  We were out of the playoffs and would finish third place in the division regardless.

The game was sloppy.  Both teams stink.  There is no pride involved in coming back from a 17-0 deficit against Jax.  we should not have been down 17 to begin with.  Coming back late in the game was not helpful in improving the team to where it needs to be.  A late comeback drive and a win hurts the team going forward.

The smart thing would have been to pull Luck at the end of the third Q to prevent injury.

It was a meaningless game for Jax too.  They should have pulled Bortles then too.

Gotta say that was horrible.  We went down 17 on the day Mathis is going to retire, really?  Say what you want about coming back and winning this team has to do that way to often.  I am/was one of the people who didnt want to get rid of the coach/GM to quickly I dont believe in constant turnover and the history of the league says I am right.  However this team is just plain bad and change might be a good thing as long as the change is well thought out, unlike what we did last time. 

Anyway whatever happens I am blue through and through so go COLTS :)

With Watt coming back, the Titans on the rise and the young Jags with a new coach at the helm I can honestly see the Colts hovering near the cellar of the south IF the course stays the same. Our SB and its CELEBRATION the last two seasons has been coming in at 7-8 and winning the last game of the season at home against a 2 or 3 win team to finish .500 :facepalm: 

38 minutes ago, luv_pony_express said:

I think the celebrating was....misplaced.  I'm glad we won -- but it's not the kind of final game you pump your fists over.

We had to come back from a 17 point deficit at home against an opponent with 3 wins who was making a bid to sweep us for the season with one of our all-time greats retiring.

That they'd be hugging each other and pumping fists after that near-humiliation is sadly indicative of where this organization is.

I don't the sentiment that because Andrew Luck was celebrating after this win that it's some kind of statement about our organization as a whole. No one is happy with the season as a whole but it has to feel good to put together a game winning drive after so much frustration. It means the players care, would rather see that than indifference because we beat a 3-win team.

They definitely seem to play better after being down big or if a game doesn't matter.

That's our mantra under Chuck.

At least we get to watch the playoffs with no pressure. I learned that from Chuck, no pressure :D.

1 hour ago, 12isthenew18 said:

Not only did we lose a top ten pick but we may have given dumb and dumber an extra season. Unbelievable

We would not have ended up in the top ten, had a chance if we lost but would not have ended up there. Either way, drafting better is far more important than having a higher pick. We got a good starter in a key position at (roughly) this pick last year. If we find a good defensive starter in this position then no worries.