Unhappy with the win against the Jags [Merge]

12isthenew18

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I said 10-6, you said 7-9 so it is kind of in between where we thought. You guessed right by 1 game closer basically and we gave away several games earlier this season actually, that first Houston game was a complete fluke. Having said that I have no idea what Irsay will do and I actually don't think this game has any influence on what he decides. He is smart enough to know that a win over a crummy Jacks team doesn't influence any decision. After signing them both to 4 year extensions last season I have actually said all season he wont get rid of either until least after next season anyway no matter the record. Is that the right decision, probably not but it is what it is. After the 2nd Houston loss I wanted Pagano gone so I am not going to be overly joy'd about winning today. Having said that, despite being wrong with my 10-6 prediction, I also said no way we would have a losing with Luck at QB and he was 8-7 as a starter, missing 1 game we lost. At least Heath Evans can go suck eggs with his 6-10 prediction.

This is basically a 7 win team with the Colts. We needed a last minute drive to even just get by the Jags at home.

If changes are not made, it's going to be another average season next year. So don't get your hopes up. You will have more fun hoping the Warriors win it all this year again and me the Cavs.

2 minutes ago, Jules said:

Mostly because over the years we do stuff on the side (him and me) with various topics and studies that are not even sports related subjects.

And also because this is a nice football forum to chill out at too.

well if you hate the colts, there would probably be a better forum out there for you

his posts are borderline trolling, sometimes blatant

1 minute ago, Jules said:

This is basically a 7 win team with the Colts. We needed a last minute drive to even just get by the Jags at home.

If changes are not made, it's going to be another average season next year. So don't get your hopes up. You will have more fun hoping the Warriors win it all this year again and me the Cavs.

We also gave away the first Houston game and the Lions game so todays win offsets one of them. 8-8 is probably appropriate because we are inconsistent unfortunately. In regards to Basketball I would love to see the Spurs win it actually because I don't like the Cavs or Warriors, Spurs are the only other team that can maybe do it.

Just now, aaron11 said:

well if you hate the colts, there would probably be a better forum out there for you

his posts are borderline trolling, sometimes blatant

Oh please, this is a forum for all opinions if they follow the rules, it's not a safe space for fans who just want 24/7 positivity dribble.

I hate the Colts at times this year too and am a Colts fan my whole life.

1 minute ago, Jules said:

Oh please, this is a forum for all opinions if they follow the rules, it's not a safe space for fans who just want 24/7 positivity dribble.

there is a difference between negativity and trolling

trolls do get banned

6 minutes ago, Jules said:

No....Houston stole the game fro us..we were up 17.

You are what your record says you are.

..and you speaks of 'changes'?  All NFL teams change a lot every year

Just now, aaron11 said:

there is a difference between negativity and trolling

trolls do get banned

Aaron he isn't a troll, my God.........I known him since 2011 and if you get bent of shape by any of his posts you should not. He is a Saints fan and he even predicts THEM to win like no games every year.

The truth IS if we do keep the coaching staff and GM in tact as is then our division SHOULD be happy about it since we are completely average.

Anyway done with this convo, got stuff do now.

Just now, Jules said:

Aaron he isn't a troll, my God.........I known him since 2011 and if you get bent of shape by any of his posts you should not. He is a Saints fan and he even predicts THEM to win like no games every year.

The truth IS if we do keep the coaching staff and GM in tact as is then our division SHOULD be happy about it since we are completely average.

oh im busy too

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We also gave away the first Houston game and the Lions game so todays win offsets one of them. 8-8 is probably appropriate because we are inconsistent unfortunately. In regards to Basketball I would love to see the Spurs win it actually because I don't like the Cavs or Warriors, Spurs are the only other team that can maybe do it.

8-8 can be 12-4 next year with 3 or 4 new defensive players

11 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

look, i have rooted for tanking in the past

i realized its pointless though becasue the team will pretty much always play to win, especially at home.  there were like 70000 fans in attendance.  imo those are the real fans, not some guy on a forum hoping we lose

people that are mad will just have to get over it

People were practically giving tickets away and there are plenty of people there who don't get to go to games. I game tickets away because I couldn't sell them and I wasn't going to be in town. 

This win in no way should change Jim Irsay's mind on whether he is going to keep or fire Grigson or Pagano.

The Colts played pretty terrible all game and beat a bad team. The Colts were poorly coached and didn't have enough talent all year. "The ball didn't bounce their way" is a ridiculous excuse to games they should have taken over and came out with a win.

23 minutes ago, deedub75 said:

People were practically giving tickets away and there are plenty of people there who don't get to go to games. I game tickets away because I couldn't sell them and I wasn't going to be in town. 

what you and your friends do is just anecdotal evidence

the stadium was pretty full of people rooting for a win

6 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

what you and your friends do is just anecdotal evidence

the stadium was pretty full of people rooting for a win

Didnt say they weren't rooting for a win.  I said that was the reason why it was packed. There were lots of empty seats at most of the games. 

Yeah, I'm not gonna lie, it was pretty embarrassing watching Pagano hugging people on the sidelines and Luck jumping up and down like we just won the Super Bowl. I understand the sentimental aspect (being Robert Mathis' retirement game) but still... these guys look pathetic getting that excited for a meaningless win, against a below average opponent.... Guess it shouldn't surprise me, being that these are the same guys that hang AFC finalist banners in the rafters

i heard Polian say on the broadcast that he built a team that the sum of the parts were greater than each individual part.  He chose intelligence and  character as important as talent in cases.  Pieces fitting together.  The Jags have individual pieces but can't put it together.  Some People complain that we don't have enough talent.  I think Luck, Kelly, Hilton, Pat, Adam, vontae, are top tier all pro caliber.  If we grab a top tier OLB and RB this draft, or other position on defense, it can be enough, when mixed with our current group to be a great team.  The whole team doesn't have to be all pro, just complimentary to our superstars.  

1 hour ago, Jules said:

No, that guy is a troll.  Or he is a simply a horrible poster who is wrong on a host of subjects.

11 minutes ago, LockeDown said:

i heard Polian say on the broadcast that he built a team that the sum of the parts were greater than each individual part.  He chose intelligence and  character as important as talent in cases.  Pieces fitting together.  The Jags have individual pieces but can't put it together.  Some People complain that we don't have enough talent.  I think Luck, Kelly, Hilton, Pat, Adam, vontae, are top tier all pro caliber.  If we grab a top tier OLB and RB this draft, or other position on defense, it can be enough, when mixed with our current group to be a great team.  The whole team doesn't have to be all pro, just complimentary to our superstars.  

It's telling when you have to name the kickers when naming the top players.....

Thought these two posts were interesting:

BOB KRAVITZ@BKRAVITZ

AS OF FRIDAY, I WAS TOLD BY AN IMPECCABLE SOURCE THERE WAS NOTHING HAPPENING WITH MANNING AND COLTS. NOW, COULD THAT CHANGE? SURE IT COULD.

1/1/2017, 4:22:20 PM

JASON COLE@JASONCOLEBR

FWIW: GM OF ONE TEAM TELLS ME IN PRETTY DEFINITE TERMS THAT #COLTS ARE NOT MAKING ANY CHANGES.

1/2/2017, 12:09:18 AM

http://bleacherreport.com/indianapolis-colts

1 hour ago, Jules said:

No,  He is most certainly a troll

21 minutes ago, krunk said:

BOB KRAVITZ@BKRAVITZ

AS OF FRIDAY, I WAS TOLD BY AN IMPECCABLE SOURCE THERE WAS NOTHING HAPPENING WITH MANNING AND COLTS. NOW, COULD THAT CHANGE? SURE IT COULD.

JASON COLE@JASONCOLEBR

FWIW: GM OF ONE TEAM TELLS ME IN PRETTY DEFINITE TERMS THAT #COLTS ARE NOT MAKING ANY CHANGES.

How is there a post from jan 2???

4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Bortles was acting like a complete tool dancing, etc. and the Jags were talking smack dancing around all game, that is why Andrew acted like that at the end IMO. In the heat of competition after a while you have to show someone who is boss when you are actually better. We will still pick in the Top 20 and we avoided a losing season and getting swept by that crap team. I have said the Jags wouldn't be any good all season and they aren't.

While there was no point in winning today and it cost us a few spots in terms of draft picks I would take every win I can get and I'm never unhappy with a win this win was for 98 and what he meant to this team congrats to Mathis on a great career and good luck in whatever he decides to do in the future.

35 minutes ago, krunk said:

BOB KRAVITZ@BKRAVITZ

JASON COLE@JASONCOLEBR

Rule #1: never quote Jason Cole

3 hours ago, deedub75 said:

Yes, Paw Paw Pagano and Grampy Grigson have set the bar so low for their grandkids that going down 17-0 to a 3 win team and being lucky that the Jags played a prevent defense so they could come back and win is worth a parade and a trophy. 

It was pretty warm and fuzzy in the locker room, hope that's not a sign.

There were somethings worth celebrating that had nothing to do with the Jags

We produced a 1000 yard rusher for the first time since 2007. The fact it was Gore who is 33 making him the oldest 1K back since Riggins in 1984. The much improved OL and Gore had something to celebrate. 

Mathis gets a strip sack in his final game. He is an all time great and a W in his last game makes the strip sack a fond memory maybe mean something. 

TY putting up numbers too maybe. If you play you play to win. This W was about more to a lot of guys than the record of the team they beat or where we draft. I'd even bet some think they won it for the fans who supported them all year. I'd rather see the team celebrate than roll over.