Colts cut tracker

Everyone

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Jason_S said:

Completely irrelevant to the post you quoted. :)

For the record I totally agree with you, I'd have preferred to keep him than cut him, but at the same time I'm also not entirely surprised he did get cut.

Not much surprises me about what the organization does anymore. That goes for the good things and particularly the bad things. Keeping 3 QB's is a surprise. I just hope its not a kneejerk reaction in regards to Luck being hurt last year

4 minutes ago, Gavin said:

Still for a team in need of pass rush help he did play well this preseason. It could arguably be more beneficial to keep him and give him some chances against the ones in the regular season assuming we have no other pass rush than it would be to cut him

"Well" is a very loose term. He flashed occaisonally but a lot of players flash in pre-season. Not all of them deserve to make the final 53 though. Okine isn't good enough to be on the final 53. Keeping him for depth would have been a waste.

3 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

"Well" is a very loose term. He flashed occaisonally but a lot of players flash in pre-season. Not all of them deserve to make the final 53 though. Okine isn't good enough to be on the final 53. Keeping him for depth would have been a waste.

Did the Colts cut Art Jones because he wasn't on Bowen's 53 

I'm surprised we kept Maggitt over Okine! And everyone is shocked over Irving. I thought he was going to be starting this season. I can't believe McNary made it he's  horrible. But I do love the confidence in Morrison he's going to be a solid LB! Being a GSU alum I glad we still have E.Jackson as of now. 

1 minute ago, Defjamz26 said:

"Well" is a very loose term. He flashed occaisonally but a lot of players flash in pre-season. Not all of them deserve to make the final 53 though. Okine isn't good enough to be on the final 53.

I don't see where I said well in my post. Your second sentence I know that. But keeping him for depth would not have been a waste when he can put pressure on a QB even if he doesn't get sacks. This team is not loaded with guys that can do that at OLB. Our best pressure guys could very well come from D Linemen

1 minute ago, Hoosiernsavga said:

I'm surprised we kept Maggitt over Okine! And everyone is shocked over Irving. I thought he was going to be starting this season. I can't believe McNary made it he's  horrible. But I do love the confidence in Morrison he's going to be a solid LB! Being a GSU alum I glad we still have E.Jackson as of now. 

I think you are literally the only person that is surprised they kept Maggitt over Okine

5 minutes ago, Everyone said:

I think you are literally the only person that is surprised they kept Maggitt over Okine

I actually stated it to see what kind of reaction I would get from posters! I could care less, Their a wash IMO! 

Okine just had a much better pre season with a much higher motor. I'm happy for Maggitt he was a good player in college before major knee surgery.

Just now, Hoosiernsavga said:

I actually stated it to see what kind of reaction I would get from posters! I could care less, Their a wash IMO! 

No, Maggitt is a better/more well rounded player than Okine. If it came down to those 2, Maggitt is unequivocally the obvious choice....

16 minutes ago, Gavin said:

I don't see where I said well in my post. Your second sentence I know that. But keeping him for depth would not have been a waste when he can put pressure on a QB even if he doesn't get sacks. This team is not loaded with guys that can do that at OLB. Our best pressure guys could very well come from D Linemen

You said he played well in preseason. But regardless of what issues we have with our pass rusher, it's not good to keep a guy who wasn't a good pass rusher on the team for depth. He flashes against the 2's and 3s and not constantly. That doesn't make him worth keeping.

7 minutes ago, Everyone said:

No, Maggitt is a better/more well rounded player than Okine. If it came down to those 2, Maggitt is unequivocally the obvious choice....

Well I haven't seen that yet. Hopefully you're correct. It didn't show in camp or pre season though! Okine was definitely the better player. Although Maggitt's ceiling could possibly be higher time will tell. 

Irving cut made me gasp in public. You guys are talking about Morrison but I guarantee McNary starts. He was all around the field as much as Morrison was but people hate him and don't even see it. I can't wait for Sio because no one showed they could cover in that group.

Glad they kept Maggitt. He may not have shown much pass rush ability but he sets the edge way better than Bates, Thompson, and Okine.

Unless we make multiple moves tomorrow, I am not happy with this roster overall.

The Irving cut is a surprise, but he might not have the explosiveness that DC Monachino looks for. Something is up with those 3 QBs, I assume it will make more sense in the following days.

And yes, Grigson will probably loose all sleep this night thinking about those that got cut from other teams today. Like a kid in a candy store! :excited: 

7 minutes ago, ColtsLegacy said:

Pleasantly surprised to see Coffman still on the team. Both Swoope and Coffman played well enough to make it but I didn't think 4 TEs was realistic.

Well, the O-line could be a bit of a mess until all the injuries is done with, so maybe Chud will run more 2 WR + 2 TE to help with blocking than he would otherwise prefer?

My two cents in here. 

1. Surprised we kept 4 TE's 

2. Surprised we kept 3 QB's

3. Irving being cut was my biggest shock

4. Surprised 4 rb's made it

5. Players I hate to see go but understand: Okine (just looked like a player in his make up), T.Smith, and to lesser degree, McKay, Bailey and Bates. 

6. I wonder what the rules are for picking up Dee Miller from the Jets cut. He may be worth paying for while sitting out the year on IR I believe. I just don't know those rules. He could be a sign and put on IR with designation to return after 6 weeks??

7. Our oline and CB situation is scary. Who starts at RT and LG and will we have enough in the starting caliber CB group to field against teams wr's?? 

8. If I was a colts fringe player, or any fringe player in the NFL, I would not have a great time sleeping this entire week up to opening day 

46 minutes ago, Jdubu said:

My two cents in here. 

1. Surprised we kept 4 TE's 

2. Surprised we kept 3 QB's

3. Irving being cut was my biggest shock

4. Surprised 4 rb's made it

5. Players I hate to see go but understand: Okine (just looked like a player in his make up), T.Smith, and to lesser degree, McKay, Bailey and Bates. 

6. I wonder what the rules are for picking up Dee Miller from the Jets cut. He may be worth paying for while sitting out the year on IR I believe. I just don't know those rules. He could be a sign and put on IR with designation to return after 6 weeks??

7. Our oline and CB situation is scary. Who starts at RT and LG and will we have enough in the starting caliber CB group to field against teams wr's?? 

8. If I was a colts fringe player, or any fringe player in the NFL, I would not have a great time sleeping this entire week up to opening day 

Just logging in to see if anyone had said your 1, 2, and 4.  I really didn't foresee any of these three.  Interesting, we've typically kept about 23 Offensive players and 27 Defensive.  We're at 25 and 25 at the moment...

2 minutes ago, VaAllDay757 said:

I'm kinda shocked at the irving cut but he was mainly good at stopping the run he's not as good as moore in coverage but I'm happy maggitt made he's been lowkey but in a good way

I wouldn't be shocked. When did Irving ever do anything for us?

6 hours ago, ColtsLegacy said:

Ferguson, Morris, and Coffman now sweating it out on the bubble. Preferably in that order.

Pleasantly surprised to see Coffman still on the team. Both Swoope and Coffman played well enough to make it but I didn't think 4 TEs was realistic.

Maybe Dwayne Allen's hip injury is more serious than we thought? 

Or maybe Coffman is gone tomorrow. I don't know.

14 hours ago, Everyone said:

This was not remotely surprising, as I said before this happened.  I just don't think Smith is anything special though several vehemently disagreed (you know who you are).  The surprise is that people are surprised. I hope they'll get a veteran who was cut to fill out our receiver roster once space is available. 

18 hours ago, 1959Colts said:

I wouldn't be shocked. When did Irving ever do anything for us?

A bit off topic but I watched a couple of Art Donovan's interviews just to get a laugh and God bless that guy. Every time he opens his mouth he reminds me of what America used to be and the men that protected her. Unabashed and real!  if you get a chance check this out if you want to see a real football player from the glory days of the NFL