Colts cut tracker

Everyone

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Everyone said:

I'm basing my surprise about Irving on how much the Colts always gushed about him. 

They do that with every guy. But you have to read between the lines sometimes. It's coach talk. They also hyped up Montori Hughes a bunch. Heck Grigson also talked up Bates pretty good when they drafted him. 

1 minute ago, Everyone said:

1 minute ago, Everyone said:

what'd i say earlier....... Grigs is due for a curve ball switch up..........over due actually.  Irving's release could be nothing, or it could be to free up cap space and roster for............. a splash?

Just now, PrincetonTiger said:

Interesting

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

what'd i say earlier....... Grigs is due for a curve ball switch up..........over due actually.  Irving's release could be nothing, or it could be to free up cap space and roster for............. a splash?

Only guy that comes to mind that's been talked about is Mychal Kendricks 

Just now, Everyone said:

Only guy that comes to mind that's been talked about is Mychal Kendricks 

yeah i dont have a clue who it'd be to even guess.  Heck, we could be trading Tolzien or Morris even to someone plus picks for someone..... or we could be doing nothing.  Time will tell

1 minute ago, Gavin said:

Opens up the door for Mcnary or Edwin Jackson

To be a backup. McNary is a decent rotational guy and can be used as a blitzer. Jackson is another Slyvestre: flashes but isn't ready to see any significant work. Morrison is the guy this opens the door for. He's starting until Moore is ready. Who knows if he'll get the job back though.

9 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

To be a backup. McNary is a decent rotational guy and can be used as a blitzer. Jackson is another Slyvestre: flashes but isn't ready to see any significant work. Morrison is the guy this opens the door for. He's starting until Moore is ready. Who knows if he'll get the job back though.

I really hope you're right..like you said McNary is good for blitzing and rotation if needed..but i really think he should NOT start!! He's hit his ceiling, I'd rather see Morrison start!! Or even the other Jackson..please not McNary!

27 minutes ago, csmopar said:

yeah i dont have a clue who it'd be to even guess.  Heck, we could be trading Tolzien or Morris even to someone plus picks for someone..... or we could be doing nothing.  Time will tell

I would not want to cut Tolzien over Morris, but I would certainly trade Tolzien and go with Morris as the back up.

2 minutes ago, Jason_S said:

I really hope this was sarcasm because that kind of reaction over a guy like earl okine is phenomenally ridiculous.

Still for a team in need of pass rush help he did play well this preseason. It could arguably be more beneficial to keep him and give him some chances against the ones in the regular season assuming we have no other pass rush than it would be to cut him

Just now, Gavin said:

Still for a team in need of pass rush help he did play well this preseason. It could arguably be more beneficial to keep him and give him some chances against the ones in the regular season assuming we have no other pass rush than it would be to cut him

Completely irrelevant to the post you quoted. :)

For the record I totally agree with you, I'd have preferred to keep him than cut him, but at the same time I'm also not entirely surprised he did get cut.

12 minutes ago, TYtheMan13 said:

I really hope you're right..like you said McNary is good for blitzing and rotation if needed..but i really think he should NOT start!! He's hit his ceiling, I'd rather see Morrison start!! Or even the other Jackson..please not McNary!

From what I'm seeing Monachino's scheme is going to have a lot of ILB blitzes, and McNary was very good at that in pre-season. He had at least 2 sacks that I saw and got good pressure.

6 minutes ago, IndyScribe said:

Who would we trade Tolzien to? Vikings were the only real choice and they already traded for a QB.

Trading either is not realistic.  I would not want to lose Morris because of his upside, but I don't think there is much chance of any team rostering him at this point, so maybe he could be put on the PS if we get into a roster crunch the next few days.  Some team might pick up Tolzien if cut.