Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2016 NFL Draft Thread

7 minutes ago, krunk said:

I'm a little puzzled which way Grigs and Pags are going with Green. He's got the length to make a good cornerback and I like the WR background. I believe he was mostly a safety at Clemson

Grigs: Damn, I really want to take a WR again....

Pagano: But how are we going to sell it? People would go berserk!

Grigs: I got it, why not draft a safety who's played a WR all his life?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I have been busy and unable to watch the coverage. Heading home now. What is going on with Billings? 

Anyone like this Alexander kid the Vikes got? Our fans seem to like him but I like to read other fans' opinions. Any thoughts? 

I like Alexander. Plays with confidence and can get up in your face and press. Needs to make teams pay more when they throw at him. He is usually in right position.

3 minutes ago, MrNLM said:

With the speed and the size... I gotta think he is a center fielder who will follow the ball and help the corners over the top.

I am ok with that.

People were talking about grabby tackling so I thought more towards cornerback. His skill set will allow both.

9 minutes ago, Surge89 said:

I have faith.  Kinda lol

I'm so hoping I eat so much crow and look like a fool and I expect you to call me on that lol.  

You know I'm extremely surprised at the tackle number.  In games he played in it just seemed like people were barely slipping from his arms.  Who knows?

Oh I had no idea we'd take him I thought surely we were going OLB or DT. That said he was the safety with highest upside outside Karl Joseph. He is a little awkward on defense no doubt and his athleticism gets him to the ball and helped in coverage but once he learns that position more that same athleticism could make him special. There are more polished safeties but then again they don't have much room to improve but TJ has a ceiling off the charts. He could really be that guy that covers those big fast tight ends and big receivers and will get better in his technique tackling. I just don't want to rip him before he has a chance to develop.

3 minutes ago, James said:

One sided and selective info, yes. Your agenda is obvious.

How about providing a more nuanced picture?

He's an athletic freak for his size...

ChQLgvYUcAATFj-.jpg

As I said in the other thread - he has no skill or instincts, but he's a damn impressive lump of clay for Pagano to mold into an amazing DB.

8 minutes ago, dgambill said:

He really didn't get tested much last year so he didn't have a lot of numbers. Either that's because offenses were scared or he just didn't make the plays when available. I think he is a solid 2nd rounder. Very confident kid and you need that in your corner. I would have been ok taking him.

5 minutes ago, Qcolts said:

I like Alexander. Plays with confidence and can get up in your face and press. Needs to make teams pay more when they throw at him. He is usually in right position.

Thank you. We really did not need a CB. I guess we went BPA. 

7 minutes ago, Cynjin said:

How did he do that when according to many on this thread he is a horrible tackler?

It was a misprint. He was still a very productive tackler. He just is not as sound with his technique as he needs to be etc but his speed and athleticism got him to the ball quickly and even though it wasn't pretty he got people on the ground. He needs work... But he has great potential.

3 minutes ago, dgambill said:

It was a misprint. He was still a very productive tackler. He just is not as sound with his technique as he needs to be etc but his speed and athleticism got him to the ball quickly and even though it wasn't pretty he got people on the ground. He needs work... But he has great potential.

Yeah, I saw the numbers.  Not bad for a guy that has only played S for a couple of years.