Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

21isSuperman

2016 NFL Draft Thread

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Udfa get get to choose where they go. They can look at your roster and say I don't think I can make it or they may want to go to a regional team (maybe NE) to be closer to home or closer to his family home wherever that is. Now he is locked in and ours.

I'm warming up to this pick quickly after seeing some clips of this kid.  I jumped the gun because I didn't know who the heck he was.  lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ace Boogie said:

#Protect12 the theme of this one

 

Irsay was not dishing out $20 mil. to his QB without a plan :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, stitches said:

WOW! Austin Blythe!

This means Holmes and Harrison are both gone. They'll be this year's Chapman and Hughes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Coltsman1788 said:

I'm warming up to this pick quickly after seeing some clips of this kid.  I jumped the gun because I didn't know who the heck he was.  lol 

Ohh I don't either...all I know is we wanted him in our camp for sure and that's fine with me...we needed lbs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dgambill said:

Ohhh man another center!! Moving Kelly to guard?!

I doubt it.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Overall I like our draft picks; however I can't help but feel we could have did much better. Seems very bland Whig describes the Colts under Grigson.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dgambill said:

Ohhh man another center!! Moving Kelly to guard?!

 

No, Blythe has experience at both guard positions, so essentially he will be center back up and guard back up. 

 

We have OT back up with Kaeg and Good, this was the guard/center back up plan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, chad72 said:

 

Irsay was not dishing out $20 mil. to his QB without a plan :)

Yessir. I'm not mad at him. I'm excited to see what we can do with the CFA's

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

?????  just at a loss.  How many rookie OL can you have, greater needs elsewhere for sure. That's rather disappointing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

This means Holmes and Harrison are both gone. They'll be this year's Chapman and Hughes.

Pretty much. It's for their benefit though. We've seen all we need to see of those two. Time to move on

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bunch of people wanted this guy as our center....love those big ten interior lineman. He may be more pro ready while our other two might need a year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

 

No, Blythe has experience at both guard positions, so essentially he will be center back up and guard back up. 

 

We have OT back up with Kaeg and Good, this was the guard/center back up plan.

Haeg will play before Clark, imo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We drafted Olineman for the new ZBS scheme.  You could argue that Blythe, Haeg, and Clark are for the right side of the line.  Blythe will backup Kelly.

 

Doesn't bode well for KH, JH, and Thornton.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At this point, I hope for David Perkins, OLB, Victor Ochi, OLB, Eric Striker OLB, and Jeremy Cash SS to fall and see the amount of opportunity we have on Defense for them to get playing time if they prove themselves..... undrafted OLB's especially should be falling over themselves to come to Indy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gimme Cash for safety depth. Could backup Geathers and play ST's.

 

Maybe we can get Tyler Marz for more depth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Someone should start a UDFA thread with a link to a colts only tracker. I looked and didn't see one. Maybe someone already has a link?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Defjamz26 said:

This means Holmes and Harrison are both gone. They'll be this year's Chapman and Hughes.

 

I would 't bet a penny that Blythe becomes the back-up ahead of Holmes.

 

I'm not saying it won't happen,  just that I wouldn't predict it at this point.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, 1918 said:

I was kidding around. How about:

Griswold, Darion TE 6'5" 255 Arkansas State

Welcome to Walley World!

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!! Colts signed him as FA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

 

I would 't bet a penny that Blythe becomes the back-up ahead of Holmes.

 

I'm not saying it won't happen,  just that I wouldn't predict it at this point.

 

It's cool. I'm saying that because I see history repeating itself. Last year we weren't getting anything out of Chapman and Hughes and then we drafted Anderson and Perry and the staff said they were better and released them.

 

I see the same pattern with our centers. Kelly is an automatic starter and Blythe is a better scheme fit. I can see Holmes and Harrison playing in the 4th quarter of the last preseason game and then being cut. Holmes also has injury concerns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

It's cool. I'm saying that because I see history repeating itself. Last year we weren't getting anything out of Chapman and Hughes and then we drafted Anderson and Perry and the staff said they were better and released them.

 

I see the same pattern with our centers. Kelly is an automatic starter and Blythe is a better scheme fit. I can see Holmes and Harrison playing in the 4th quarter of the last preseason game and then being cut. Holmes also has injury concerns.

 

Fair point.    At the press conference,   Grigson and Pagano spoke very, VERY highly of Blythe.    Made him sound like much more of a prospect than the normal 7th round kid.       Holmes and Harrison might lose a lot of sleep over the next few months,  0R,  they'll get motivated to play the best football of their lives!!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎4‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 5:14 PM, OffensivelyPC said:

Tell me about him. I'm intrigued...

I will say this. Bates has all the same production as Camalei Correa without us having used a second or third round pick. He actually moves better than Correa, better 3 cone times, same 40 time, better explosion. We have a coach on our coaching staff who used to be at Maine before coming to the Colts. I studied up on him a little bit before the draft started.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, krunk said:

I will say this. Bates has all the same production as Camalei Correa without us having used a second or third round pick. He actually moves better than Correa, better 3 cone times, same 40 time, better explosion. We have a coach on our coaching staff who used to be at Maine before coming to the Colts. I studied up on him a little bit before the draft started.

Im interested enough to watch film on him. Thanks!

 

PS sorry for the confusion yesterday. Wasnt trying to condescend at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...