Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

21isSuperman

2016 NFL Draft Thread

Just now, Shive said:

I was really hoping for Johnathan Williams with that pick. Buffalo got him the pick after us and I think he's going to be an animal..

I was hoping for him as well.

With the 7th round being a crap shoot, how about we draft a guy because you like his name. A player that went earlier Willie Beavers is a good example. I am going to go with:

Dangerfield, Jared WR 6'1" 211 Western Kentucky

I tell ya, this kid gets no respect.

2 minutes ago, 1918 said:

With the 7th round being a crap shoot, how about we draft a guy because you like his name. A player that went earlier Willie Beavers is a good example. I am going to go with:

Dangerfield, Jared WR 6'1" 211 Western Kentucky

I tell ya, this kid gets no respect.

If we're going with someone like him, I'd rather take a flier on David Perkins, to be honest.

2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

If we're going with someone like him, I'd rather take a flier on David Perkins, to be honest.

I was kidding around. How about:

Griswold, Darion TE 6'5" 255 Arkansas State

Welcome to Walley World!

1 minute ago, 1918 said:

I was kidding around. How about:

Griswold, Darion TE 6'5" 255 Arkansas State

Welcome to Walley World!

I just wish his first name was Clark :)

1 minute ago, Bluefire4 said:

The Browns have drafted FIVE WRs.

If 2 of them test positive for pot, they at least have 3 left this time :)

1 minute ago, Defjamz26 said:

Still some good RBs left

-Procise

-Marshall

-Lasco 

Prosise? He got drafted in the third round.

2 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Still some good RBs left

-Procise

-Marshall

-Lasco 

Prosise was taken yesterday.

3 minutes ago, stitches said:

Ravens killing the draft. Half their picks were my personal favorites.

They always do.

However, like most teams, they go as far in the regular season as their QB play and D goes, typically. They needed an infusion of defensive talent and they got it.

What do you guys think?

Do we go with high risk high reward players in round 7 or role players?

If we get Scooby and Ochi in the 7th I'll be dancing. But, it will be a couple off the radar dudes. 

Holmes gone to the Jags! Damn! Good thing we are drafting O-linemen. Bad thing - Holmes destroyed Haeg in their meeting.

Anyone know what the scoop is with Charone Peake, WR out of Clemson? Why is he still not drafted?

Names like Vadal Alexander, Landon Turner, Tretola, all OL, still out there. Man, the OL and DL in this draft is DEEP.

What do you guys think of Dominique Alexander as just a pass coverage LB?

Our defense is going to be horrible. If you have no pass rush, you have no chance on defense. Embarrassing we failed to address that with the pick we had. Instead we picked a project with no instincts at safety.

5 minutes ago, Qcolts said:

Our defense is going to be horrible. If you have no pass rush, you have no chance on defense. Embarrassing we failed to address that with the pick we had. Instead we picked a project with no instincts at safety.

Weren't that many pass rushers available each round 

15 minutes ago, krunk said:

Tyrone Holmes to the Jags

Bummer...was hoping the Colts could nab him.   Jags will be trouble very soon. 

1 minute ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Bummer...was hoping the Colts could nab him.   Jags will be trouble for us. 

Glad we've loaded up on OL!

33 minutes ago, Qcolts said:

Exaggerating big time!!! It's not like we have absolutely no one caoable. We have Mathis who came on at the end last year and still had 7 sacks. And with a new Defensive staff and a guy like Monachino who is good with LBers I think he can get more out Walden and even Cole. Plus we should have some guys on our D line that can provide pressure and penatration. And I think our coverage will be better, so I believe we'll be alright. You can't fix everything in one draft or offseason. Outside of maybe the top 4-5 pass rushers taken in the first 2 rounds, and all before our 2nd rounder. There really isn't anyone special or anything close to a sure bet at pass rusher. And you could easily identify a number of question marks in those top guys too.

35 minutes ago, Qcolts said:

That's what happens when the team has so many needs.  You can't really address them all in one draft.  Like I said Colts are farther away from being a legit Super Bowl caliber team than most here are willing to admit.  We are at least another off season away from shoring up some trouble spots on that defense (mainly at linebacker & finding a legit young pass rusher)

2 minutes ago, weslo1812 said:

Exaggerating big time!!! It's not like we have absolutely no one caoable. We have Mathis who came on at the end last year and still had 7 sacks. And with a new Defensive staff and a guy like Monachino who is good with LBers I think he can get more out Walden and even Cole. Plus we should have some guys on our D line that can provide pressure and penatration. And I think our coverage will be better, so I believe we'll be alright. You can't fix everything in one draft or offseason. Outside of maybe the top 4-5 pass rushers taken in the first 2 rounds, and all before our 2nd rounder. There really isn't anyone special or anything close to a sure bet at pass rusher. And you  pull easily identify a number of question marks in those top guys too.

Coverage does not matter if the QB has all day. It is more likely Mathis is finished than he turns back the hands of time. Walden is far from a pass rusher although he has been solid. I am on board with protecting Luck as are most colts fan, but failing to address the pass rush in either FA or the draft is a huge issue. This defense has the potential to be like the Saints last year. 

7 minutes ago, Qcolts said:

Coverage does not matter if the QB has all day. It is more likely Mathis is finished than he turns back the hands of time. Walden is far from a pass rusher although he has been solid. I am on board with protecting Luck as are most colts fan, but failing to address the pass rush in either FA or the draft is a huge issue. This defense has the potential to be like the Saints last year. 

I'm pretty sure Griggson will look to either make a free agent signing following the draft or just wait and see if he can get someone to fall into his lap after preseason cuts.  That's probably the best we can hope for as far as addressing this issue this year.  Too many needs to adequately address everything in one draft...unfortunately. 

6 minutes ago, JRnINDY said:

Jeremy Cash S

Scooby doo Wright LB

Alexander OG

not sure if Ochi is still out there?

Ochi listed as Kipers 5th best available at this time.

Just now, Qcolts said:

Umm coverage can help most certainly, because on the flip side if your coverage is better and holds up, it can create time for your pass rushers to get to the QB. So coverage improving most certainly can matter in terms of pass rush. And this defense will not be the saints D. That's a crazy statement. Do you realize a likely big reason as to why our defensive numbers were as bad as they were last year?  Look at what our offense did for about 12 of our 16 games. 3 and out constantly. Turnovers in our own zone leading to short field. Our defense was pinned in bad spots alot last year thanks to the inability of our offense. And yet there were a number of times they held tough, kept us in games and gave us a chance. Our offenses inability was giving opposing teams offenses alot more possessions with quick 3 and outs and turnover's to come out and wear our D down and score.