Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2016 NFL Draft Thread

3 minutes ago, SuperJoe33 said:

I really like the TJ green pick. He's the 4th fastest secondary player in this draft. Has great size at 6' 2-209. He's a converted WR to FS. Has more interceptions than McKenzie Alexander. Ran faster. And longer arms. And taller. Has a much higher ceiling than probably DB left on the board.

Alexander had zero ints. Every DB drafted probably has more ints compared to him. Regardless, green is fast but cannot cover and he's not a great tackler either. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, SuperJoe33 said:

I really like the TJ green pick. He's the 4th fastest secondary player in this draft. Has great size at 6' 2-209. He's a converted WR to FS. Has more interceptions than McKenzie Alexander. Ran faster. And longer arms. And taller. Has a much higher ceiling than probably DB left on the board.

Get outta here with all that optimism! The guy has already failed us. Just read all these posts saying how awful he is yet they know nothing about him. 

When Green was picked, no one knew who he was. Ten minutes later after everyone has done their google searching we get the consensus 'worst pick in the draft' rant..........I love the expert forum GMs we got here, I have no idea why there haven't been any teams contacting you about open jobs.

Just now, IndyD4U said:

Get outta here with all that optimism! The guy has already failed us. Just read all these posts saying how awful he is yet they know nothing about him. 

Yeah, you have to love all the armchair GMs here.

3 minutes ago, Qcolts said:

Alexander had zero ints. Every DB drafted probably has more ints compared to him. Regardless, green is fast but cannot cover and he's not a great tackler either. 

This is a project guy with HUGE measurables. High upside. He won't play much this year but this is a gift to Pagano and could be a freak in the secondary like Kam chancellor with the size speed combo. He doesn't have to play this year. Lotta upside. 

12 minutes ago, bababooey said:

Watchin Bell back peddle when the ball carrier is coming near him makes me feel better about taking Green. But yea Green not a great tackler but based on snapchat Grigson looks PUMPED

That's not much of a ringing endorsement to me.  lol  I'm sure he was pumped after the Dorsett pick last year as well. 

But hey...I'm willing to see how this all pans out.  As of right now though I'm really not feeling it that much.

3 minutes ago, IndyD4U said:

I'm thinking he's going to cover taller TE's and receivers. That'll come in handy against guys like Gronk.

4 minutes ago, our_dbs_rock said:

When Green was picked, no one knew who he was. Ten minutes later after everyone has done their google searching we get the consensus 'worst pick in the draft' rant..........I love the expert forum GMs we got here, I have no idea why there haven't been any teams contacting you about open jobs.

Speak for yourself I watched every corner I even commented on how deep those class was.  And he was a very late 6th most likely 7th imo.

5 minutes ago, swankdizzle said:

Chuck Pagano went to T.J.Green's pro day. This is a Chuck pick. Green has played safety for 2 years, mainly in a center fielder role.  No one knows, not PFF not Pete Prisco. A 4.34 40 grabs attention; this guy is lightning fast.

Chuck also personally worked out Werner....

2 minutes ago, Surge89 said:

Speak for yourself I watched every corner I even commented on how deep those class was.  And he was a very late 6th most likely 7th imo.

And you are at your computer, while these guys do this for a living.

Edit.

How many did you work out? see in person? talk to?

1 minute ago, our_dbs_rock said:

And you are at your computer, while these guys do this for a living.

Edit.

How many did you work out? see in person? talk to?

Just because you get paid to do something doesn't mean you excel at it.  See Matt Millen

I don't love the pick, nor do I hate it. Time will tell. I think he has a TON of potential given his size and speed. Plus, with Adams still here he doesn't need to come in right away and start. Remember, he's only started at safety for 1 season. He's bound to struggle with coverage and tackling when not just changing positions, but also changing sides of the ball. It takes time to learn the position. Adams is the perfect vet to help mold him too. Him and Geathers should be a real good combo in years to come imo.

Just now, Surge89 said:

And Grigson was just recently talked about as a one year wonder GM by his peers and "experts".  Your point?

My point is, it is easy for you to sit behind a monitor and judge from you high horse.  You watch a few videos on youtube and call it a day.  They put hundreds of hours into this.  Yes, they can miss.  But there is a lot more riding on their choices than 'forum cred'

2 minutes ago, BOTT said:

Chuck also personally worked out Werner....

Werner is mystery. His tape his measurables heck his production screamed he should have been a good pick. Something in his head just didn't click and those little injuries. Maybe it was the German back ground and he didn't have enough dog in him but everything pointed to him being a good pick. It just happens I guess.

24 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c39yNQ2UEdo

Judging from these clips...he seems to make a lot of arm tackles and doesn't really follow through on tackles...seldom wraps up.  Uses mostly arm tackles and shoulder hits to get guys on the ground.  He needs to be coached up because NFL guys will run right through that mess. 

I think he arm tackles when the ball carrier cuts direction.  I see him wrap up like you are suppose to when he takes on the ball carrier head on.