Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, stitches said:

we give up 420 points

we get

57 - 330

125 - 47

248 - no value(like 1)

we just lost 42 points.... that's a 4th-5th rounder value.

Maybe we made the call to trade down and that was the best offer.

Just now, COLTS449 said:

If we'd had any sense we would've traded up to the top 10 of the 2nd for Spence. Wait and see what I say. He's going to be a star

At some point we have to stop trading away picks. I was on board the Spence train with you, but it's left the station. I didn't want to trade up at all in this draft.

3 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

With the trade down,  the Colts lost 90 points.

And we don't come close to getting it back.    Green Bay's pick is worth roughly 45 points.   And a 7th is worth maybe 2 points.

I confess,   I'm stunned.      We didn't come close to getting market value for a 9 spot trade down.

Not.       Even.        Close.              Complete head scratcher.

I understand what your saying....but we play with football players...not draft points. We just got two extra camp guys to fight for a position and could possibly make this team better. Value charts aren't some static thing....it's ever evolving and today with the guys still available those 9 spots aren't worth as much. Loved to have gotten more but I imagine this was good enough value in this draft.

5 minutes ago, CheezyColt said:

At some point we have to stop trading away picks. I was on board the Spence train with you, but it's left the station. I didn't want to trade up at all in this draft.

You'll see why I wanted us to trade up for him when he's putting up 10-12 sacks every season.

6 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

IGNORANT TRADE!!!!! We moved down 9 spots for a 4th and a 7th? Not a 3rd????? DUMB. We should have gotten a 3rd. Now will Billings, Whitehair, Alexander, Calhoun, Fackrell, Reed, etc be there???

We will just have to see how it pans out.  An extra 3rd without the 7th would have been nicer.  I'm not too enthused about the extra 7th.  Those are basically throw away picks for the most part. 

2 minutes ago, CheezyColt said:

I would only trade up for a QB or an elite pass rusher.

1 minute ago, stitches said:

That's what's the difference between good and bad front offices - the good ones trade up to get Jarran Reed, the bad ones get bad value for trading away from the possibility of taking Jarran Reed. I'm * now!

Nonsense.

Quit bellyaching.

That's what's the difference between good and bad front offices - the good ones trade up to get Jarran Reed, the bad ones get bad value for trading away from the possibility of taking Jarran Reed. I'm * now!

Nonsense.

Quit bellyaching.

Nonsense.

Quit bellyaching.

2 minutes ago, stitches said:

That's the difference between good and bad front offices - the good ones trade up to get Jarran Reed, the bad ones get bad value for trading away from the possibility of taking Jarran Reed. I'm * now!

Not really. It's the difference between a team with 6 picks and a team with 12.

3 minutes ago, swankdizzle said:

The trade down says a lot. Doesn't want Whitehair, so Grigson thinks the OL line has enough with Kelly.  Didn't want Jarran Reed or Billings, so he is satisfied with Parry. Didn't want Alexander; maybe a safety? OLB?

You do realize all those guys except Reed are still on the board, right?

Trade chart makes mo sense out of context... It only works if it is updated each draft to fit specific trends and position groups... Even then, it would only be a rough gauge of what the values really represent...

I like the trade assuming we get a good haul with the picks... and pick Michael Jordan in the 7th...