Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2016 NFL Draft Thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

With the trade down,  the Colts lost 90 points.

And we don't come close to getting it back.    Green Bay's pick is worth roughly 45 points.   And a 7th is worth maybe 2 points.

I confess,   I'm stunned.      We didn't come close to getting market value for a 9 spot trade down.

Not.       Even.        Close.              Complete head scratcher.

1 minute ago, COLTS449 said:

IGNORANT TRADE!!!!! We moved down 9 spots for a 4th and a 7th? Not a 3rd????? DUMB. We should have gotten a 3rd. Now will Billings, Whitehair, Alexander, Calhoun, Fackrell, Reed, etc be there???

Getting a 3rd? Cowbiys moved down 13 spots in the firat and all they got was a 3rd..this is in the 2nd round 

1 minute ago, Superman said:

I'm not a big fan of his style, but I must admit he's much faster and much more explosive than I expected. He ran away from a lot of defenses last year, and he was awesome in workouts. With his size, he'll be a battering ram. But he might also be a bust.

My problem is he gets tackled for a loss too often with his size. In college, with big holes from a dominant line, if he had an alley he was gone. On Sundays he won't have those holes and won't be faster enough. IMO

IGNORANT TRADE!!!!! We moved down 9 spots for a 4th and a 7th? Not a 3rd????? DUMB. We should have gotten a 3rd. Now will Billings, Whitehair, Alexander, Calhoun, Fackrell, Reed, etc be there???

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

And we don't come close to getting it back.    Green Bay's pick is worth roughly 45 points.   And a 7th is worth maybe 2 points.

I confess,   I'm stunned.      We didn't come close to getting market value for a 9 spot trade down.

Just now, jim scheurich said:

Not that good!

There are still a lot of good players available.  With this trade, we can still get a very good talent, and we add a couple more picks to our collection.  Regardless of what the trade pick chart (which is highly arbitrary and subjective) says, if you can still get the guy you want and and more picks, it's a good trade for you

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Yeah, it is like someone dropped the calculator or something.

Packers had 2 more 4th round compensatory selections, we could have swapped our 5th for another 4th.

Yes ideally I would have liked a 3rd also, but getting a 4th and 7th back is not horrible. Hopefully Grigs has a few players in mind that have good value on defense for that pick via the trade down.

3 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Some really nice DTs there would have been nice. Grigson missed out on his pass rushers and decided to move back. Got value. Also when he takes a wr now with one of those picks he gets a pass right? Lol

The DTs that went were not really what we need to spend in the second round.  They are too much like Jones, Kerr, and Langford.  Bilings provides something different, IMO

1 minute ago, 21isSuperman said:

There are still a lot of good players available.  With this trade, we can still get a very good talent, and we add a couple more picks to our collection.  Regardless of what the trade pick chart (which is highly arbitrary and subjective) says, if you can still get the guy you want and and more picks, it's a good trade for you

I hope so!

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

We got 57, a 4th, and the 7th. You're missing one of those. Not sure which you're referring to with "Green Bay's pick".

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

Yeah, it is like someone dropped the calculator or something.

Packers had 2 more 4th round compensatory selections, we could have swapped our 5th for another 4th.

Comp picks aren't tradeable until next year.

Just now, DougDew said:

We got the 57th pick...moved back 9 slots.  And gained a 4th and a 7th.  That's pretty good actually.

we give up 420 points

we get

57 - 330

125 - 47

248 - no value(like 1)

we just lost 42 points.... that's a 4th-5th rounder value.

1 minute ago, OffensivelyPC said:

Eh, people need to get over this draft trade chart..perhaps thats not realistic?

I don't think it's realistic on draft day, in later rounds. And in any event, it's a guideline, not a fixed formula. Oh well. Getting an extra fourth rounder sounds good to me, and the board wasn't looking that great. I'd have taken Reed, but oh well.